• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Random NSX pictures that don't each deserve their own thread

P7060636.JPG

I like this one

My thoughts exactly.

Yes, if you want a poor tire selection and lower performance in every way. You can get away with it a little with the RS because of its weight but still the tire selection is pretty poor. There is a reason most guys don't go 18/19 and the ones that do, eventually go back.

Yes, if you want a poor tire selection and lower performance in every way. You can get away with it a little with the RS because of its weight but still the tire selection is pretty poor. There is a reason most guys don't go 18/19 and the ones that do, eventually go back.

Man, you're quite the negative nancy lately aren't you?
You ever thought people who do 18/19 arent nessasarily doing it for performance and tire availability? In fact if we wanted easily acquired cheap parts we sure as shit wouldn't own nsxs in the first place would we?

You ever thought people who do 18/19 arent nessasarily doing it for performance and tire availability? In fact if we wanted easily acquired cheap parts we sure as shit wouldn't own nsxs in the first place would we?

LOL... I'm not being negative biscuits, I'm just saying 18/19 is not the way to go for everyone. What are of talking about "cheap" anyway? The problem with 18/19 is that most of the tires available aren't good ENOUGH, not that I am looking for cheap. And if you truly don't care about performance, why are you driving an NSX? :confused: (I mean a general "you" not you personally)

I'm not saying al setups are bad, gtrahoang's RS's are probably still fairly light. If I had to go 18/19 that's the wheel to do it with. But the tire selection blows. We've talked about this a thousand times. There are so many guys that have gone 18/19 then gone back to smaller sizes. It's not just performance, the ride suffers, the MPG gets worse, the wet weather drivability suffers, there are are just a lot of negatives unfortunately. Obviously it looks good. Brooklynzson's car looks awesome I think, but you pay a price for it. Anyway let's move on man, this subject doesn't belong on this thead.

Last edited:

Exactly.

My car feels exactly the same, if not better, as when I had 17/18. I still get the same MPG, my handling feels great, the ride isn't harsh...I see no downsides. I laugh everytime ppl bring up "performance" bs when talking 18/19, like OMG MY CAR IS GOING TO TAKE 1 SECOND LONGER TO GET TO THE 70MPH SPEED LIMIT, THE HORROR! :eek:

Back on topic:
IMG_20120525_103858.jpg

Last edited:
LOL... I'm not being negative biscuits, I'm just saying 18/19 is not the way to go for everyone. What are of talking about "cheap" anyway? The problem with 18/19 is that most of the tires available aren't good ENOUGH, not that I am looking for cheap. And if you truly don't care about performance, why are you driving an NSX? :confused: (I mean a general "you" not you personally)

I'm not saying al setups are bad, gtrahoang's RS's are probably still fairly light. If I had to go 18/19 that's the wheel to do it with. But the tire selection blows. We've talked about this a thousand times. There are so many guys that have gone 18/19 then gone back to smaller sizes. It's not just performance, the ride suffers, the MPG gets worse, the wet weather drivability suffers, there are are just a lot of negatives unfortunately. Obviously it looks good. Brooklynzson's car looks awesome I think, but you pay a price for it. Anyway let's move on man, this subject doesn't belong on this thead.

I know we're arguing semantics but most nsx owners don't track there cars. I have no problem finding tire sizes and brands I want. I can even get pretty darn good deals on high quality street tires for little effort. Most of us aren't squeezing every ounce of performance we can out of theses cars but most or at least I understand there will always be something faster. We drive them for the joy of driving them and if I lose two tenths on the quarter because of my wheel choice I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.
Btw my nsx rides beautifully on 18/19s on custom coilovers.

Back