• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Really torn... NSX or Supra? (i've owned BOTH)

Souprah's are fugly, just my 2 pesos of course. Why waste your time with an ill handling and slow Souprah? For just a little more you can get the king of the hill, a used Viper and TT that bad boy. I currently have a stroked 98 GTS and I'm looking for a TT kit for it now. I would sell my NSX and buy one, but I drive the NSX 10X as much as the Viper.

NSX over the nasty and slow Soupra for sure.

isellpower said:
Souprah's are fugly, just my 2 pesos of course. Why waste your time with an ill handling and slow Souprah? For just a little more you can get the king of the hill, a used Viper and TT that bad boy. I currently have a stroked 98 GTS and I'm looking for a TT kit for it now. I would sell my NSX and buy one, but I drive the NSX 10X as much as the Viper.

NSX over the nasty and slow Soupra for sure.

are you serious??

SLOW?

with $1200 in bolt ons you can take the "slow" supra from 320 HP up
to 470 reliable hp!

Its a modders dream come true.

LOOK AT THIS if you think it handles poorly (OR DOES
anything else inferior to the NSX):

upload.php

PLUS, it would have one the top speed portion as well if they would have known that you can remove the top speed limited by pulling the TRAC fuse in the engine bay. :)

YES i agree the NSX looks more exotic and is TONS of fun to
drive and own, but saying the Supra has nothing to offer is
waaaay off :)

In all fairness though the nsx in the article above was a 3.0l 5 speed,which does post slower performance parameters of the 3.2l 6 speed models :wink:

Last edited:
You forgot to include the Dentist bill for replacing your fillings after riding more than 3 blocks in the Supra. :eek: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :wink:

NSXVetteViperSupra said:
I have an NSX, Supra, Viper, and Vette....I love them all the same... :biggrin:

How can you love them when you don't even drive them?

Seriously though...why only 6 miles on the Vette? Do you think it's going to appreciate?

As far as the topic is concerned go with the NSX. The Supra looks overweight and boring.

Looks is a personal taste. However, I agree performance wise nobody can dispute the "modders dream" of under $2k in bolt ons for over 400 RELIABLE rwhp. I own both and have modded the hell out of my 93 NSX and 95 M3....over $15k in power upgrades. The Supra can still outrun both cars.

Jeff

Racerxjling said:
Looks is a personal taste. However, I agree performance wise nobody can dispute the "modders dream" of under $2k in bolt ons for over 400 RELIABLE rwhp. I own both and have modded the hell out of my 93 NSX and 95 M3....over $15k in power upgrades. The Supra can still outrun both cars.

Jeff

thanks jeff ;)

i HAVE decided - a while back - i AM getting the NSX...

i've had 8 Supras and only 2NSXs so i want an NSX (havent
had one long enough to appreciate it)

So- if we want to keep talking -

make this a comparison or likes/dislikes thread..

NOT a "GET THE NSX" thread :)

two completely different cars.

really cant make reasonable comparison.

just get one, right now. save up and get the other. i have both and it would be impossable to pick between the two.

also dont get an automtic tt.

get the 6 speed.

two completely different cars.

really cant make reasonable comparison.

just get one, right now. save up and get the other. i have both and it would be impossable to pick between the two.

also dont get an automtic tt.

get the 6 speed.

Lol ,looks like he made his decision almost 3 years ago!Holy thread revival!

Hey, i've had 2 NSX's and
7 Supra's.

and i can't make up my mind because the cars are like
TOTAL opposites to me.

UGHHH - i know this is an NSX site, but

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to crap on this guy, but does anyone get sick of these pointless threads? I know the Supra is a cool car, so is a Corvette, so is a Lotus, so is a Porsche and a Ferrari. But how many of these goofy question are we going to be asked? We all own NSX's. We all obviously LOVE these cars. I know both cars have upsides and downsides.. but I don't care. I love the NSX because it's an NSX. So the upsides of a Supra or whatever other car compared to the downsides of my car just don't matter to me. Does that make sense? To me, at the end of the day... your twin turbo, thousand horsepower Supra... is still a Toyota Supra. And I'd still rather have my Honda NSX in the garage. And dude, you admittedly have owned 2 NSX's and 7 Supras. Why? I have no idea why you'd buy and sell the same car so many times. Apparently you're the guy that doesn't buy a car because you love it or you have some passion for it. You always want something other than what you have. I think most guys on here probably wanted an NSX for years before they got it, and since their purchase have never looked back at another car. Just go buy the Supra. :rolleyes:

Wow... I just realized this thread is from 2005!!! Deltron, why did you restart this?

What are the MKIV folks saying.... besides Supdawg?

"Get the Supra!" You can add 1500 in parts for 900 hp and if, that's a big if, the getrag transmission blows up you just remove the go fast parts and your friendly Toyota dealer will replace the transmission under warranty.

I am actually getting rid of my 07 sti, and my 99 lexus in order to pick up a daily driver 98 supra. It's not a 6 speed, or stock, but with a little work it will be what I am looking for. The nsx is something I don't want to part with, and I want to drive something everyday that makes me happy. The nsx is too nice to drive every day, and basically I want to keep the miles down.

Good luck on either choice. This is my first supra.

I have both. They are great in there own way. The motor/trans on the Supra are almost bulletproof. The block can handle a 1000hp and the tranny can take what you throw at it. For not a whole lot, you can get reliable daily 450hp.

NSXsupra027.jpg

12242007007.jpg

But I do love driving the NSX
MYNSX2.jpg

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/udiKAZs03N0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/udiKAZs03N0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Back