• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Removal of Wet NOS kit (Zex) and Fuel Rail Question

I am in the process of removing a wet NOS kit (Zex) and one of the points of removal is the tap into the fuel rail. Currently it seems they use some sort of an elbow to tap into the fuel rail, however I can't seem to find any information on this fuel rail. ( see pic)

- Can someone tell if this is an aftermarket fuel rail or if this is OEM?
- Also, you think it will be ok if I just unscrew the tube and use a metal cap to cover where the elbow is to the fuel rail? If so, know the size of the cap I should be looking for?

View attachment 119008

Thanks! Any help is appreciated.

aftermarket

You should be ok to cap it off as long as the setscrew you use wont protrude too deep into the stream of fuel.

aftermarket

You should be ok to cap it off as long as the setscrew you use wont protrude too deep into the stream of fuel.

Cool! thanks.

Pretty sure the system is pressurized. Am I going to be sprayed with fuel if I remove it? Wondering if anyone has any tips on that part too.

Remove fuel tank cap to relieve pressure. Tuck towel down to soak up any remaining fuel coming out the rail.
Dont you have the super charger kit installed? Look like comptech fuel rail from the kit.

Last edited:
You can crack the fuel line to relieve the pressure (use a rag over the wrench) but if the car has been off for some time you should be fine.

I can't seem to see your picture but I am guessing you can get a plug to replace the fitting and screw it in, no problem.

Back