• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Retirement Road Trip

Very cool. Glad you enjoyed Vicksburg. Like you, I spent almost as much time checking out the Lotus collection at Barber as I did those three floors of motor cycles. What a place.

I did find a model of the one and only motorcycle I owned, a Benelli 250, vintage 1960s. Brought back terrible memories. I nearly killed myself twice on that bike!

- - - Updated - - -

Staying in Blowing Rock, NC tonight after traveling through the Smokey Mountains and driving a portion of the Blue Ridge Parkway up through NC. Wish Tennessee and NC had more viewing locations through the mountains. The scenery is absolutely breathtaking! My photos don't do justice to this countryside.

I now have 360 photos documenting my 6457 miles traveled so far.

Attachments

• BRP01.jpg
    BRP01.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 59
  • BRP02.jpg
    BRP02.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 50
  • BRP03.jpg
    BRP03.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 50
  • BRP04.jpg
    BRP04.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I did not read all the posts but let me make 2 recommendations to you that you CANNOT miss! Go to the Bassalt/Aspen area. During the summer they have awesome things to do cars shows and what not. DRIVE THE LONG WAY FROM ASPEN TO DURANGO. This is a dream come true if you like a 200 mile canyon drive. Not to be missed IMO.

Don't forget Florida. Drive to Key West with your NSX. On the way, find the No Name Bar. Again not to be missed. Be a guest at my home on the way. Comfy room, pool; dinner at the Yacht Club and nice friendly members on the West Coast of FL.
PM me.

I did not read all the posts but let me make 2 recommendations to you that you CANNOT miss!

Thanks for the suggestions but they will have to wait for the next trip as I'm winding down this one. I suspect my next venture will be to the Northeast next Fall.

Trip ended back at Reva, VA at 6822 miles. Will provide photos and discussion of today's travel up Blue Ridge Parkway later tonight and a general overview of the trip later. For you NSXCA members I plan to submit an article for an upcoming edition of the NSX Driver.

Welcome home. I hope that the trip was everything for which you hoped, and more.
I hope to see you soon.

Welcome back Dave! Looking forward to those pics!

Traveled a total of 380 miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway over the past two days; 290 miles of that today. Speed limit is 45mph but with little or no traffic was able to exceed that most of the time I wasn't stopping to view, enjoy, and take photos. The road is full of winding sections just made for enjoying the NSX.

Attachments

• BRP01.jpg
    BRP01.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 58
  • BRP02.jpg
    BRP02.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 63
  • BRP03.jpg
    BRP03.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 60
  • BRP04.jpg
    BRP04.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 61
  • BRP05.jpg
    BRP05.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 58
Good weather in those pics! I've been fogged in a couple of times up there....

Enjoyed every mile! Glad I missed the heat wave out west. Actually I couldn't have asked for better weather the entire trip. Even the snow in Colorado added a little excitement.

Back