• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sad to see NSX Prime become such a ghost town

they are indeed! 12 and 13. soon i won't need a car with back seats any longer and can go NSX shopping again :)

You got is all wrong. You should have never had a car with back seats with kids. This way you never have to take them anywhere, or you can only take one. You know what I mean? :D

You got is all wrong. You should have never had a car with back seats with kids. This way you never have to take them anywhere, or you can only take one. You know what I mean? :D

I tried that for a year with the NSX with the same thought process, but eventually I couldn't take the nagging :D. I was going to invent a double decker car seat but ran into an obstacle or two :D

I saw a whole lot of NSX guys in that Apex group you invited me to and it reminded me I hadn't dropped into prime in a very long time. Good to see a few old faces.

i happened to stop in and see this thread and all of your names / posts and was reminded of how much i enjoyed being a part of prime ... good times, indeed.

rob, your kids are getting up there in years ... hey, wait -- that means you are, too!

docl, i see you got a 2nd gen ... nice color and no doubt a pleasure to drive.

that's all i got, kids -- be well!

this thread is starting to look like 2010 ....makes me all warm and fuzzy.

I'm still here on a daily base but it's more of a habit than true interest. Just to look for technical questions or for cars in the sales section what the asking prices are while not intending to buy one. It's more and more less attractive. I could easily log off.

- rarely technical write-ups, also from my side. Two reasons: 1. my car is in its final stage, no mods anymore. 2. I took my own stories to another another forum (not fb).
- the site seems to be overloaded with subforums (4 sites to scroll...), some of them more or less dead ('International', 'Pay it forward'). Maybe a redesign would help. Less might be more.
- I've never read the Wiki in the last 5 years (outdated, just for good old memories).
- I've a new toy (new CTR) at the moment. So, the NSX gets neglected...this year at least.
- 10-15 years ago this site was the source no. 1 for mods and knowledge. nsxprime was prone to seduce people to mods back then. :) But as all is stored in my brain cells while gathering a lot of more infos on my own there's no need for me to learn more. Maybe a redirection of prime would help.
- I've other interests in my life too and cars are not that high of a priority than they were 10 years ago.

Last edited:
we could add a prostate forum that would get some action....

In addition to my points above: I've near to no interest in the new NSX, old-fashioned as I might be. I could live with it if the forum to that car is linked to a completely separate forum where I might have a look into once a month or so. That might have also reduced the risk of people with a Gen1 bashing the Gen2 (too late I guess).

I've run a forum many, many years ago and got thumbs-up for the simple but very effective structure.

Have a look at my new toys forum here: https://www.civicx.com/forums/civic-type-r-forum-fk8-10th-gen.10/
5 subforums, that's it. Nobody wants to or has to time to scroll 4 pages of subforums just to get disappointed by a topic not really interesting to him. That's the big plus of FB: one short message + one pic/video at one sight, even though 100% of them a trivial and repetitions. Very, very fast-food like but it attracts more people even though you can't get into detail too much.

I vote for a massive reduction of the overloaded structure of nsxprime and maybe a FB-like entry section.

But still good to see that many old-primers are still around but I'm still missing a lot of them also...:(

Last edited:
As cars age a lot of forums start to become ghost towns. As a forum gen 1 owner I used to browse the site for years before I bought mine. Then I bought a gen two and action in that section is minimal. I got invited to the FB group but I’ve never had any form of social media and never will.

That was the one of the good things about owning Corvettes. They sell a crap ton of them so the forum is always hoping.

MC

I need someone to say much the bbsc sucks so I can argue with them. Lets go!
My bbsc blew up my motor. I have the split second box. I was racing a viper too. Oh and I got a belt for it from Walmart. There ya go!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

he didn't go by Dan H. on prime, so that makes it a bit confusing. I didn't know who he was at first either :) I think he would prefer we not share his identity in a searchable forum.

This should get the traffic back.

y.jpg

Site crash in 3....2...1.....

Holy crap, I return from my years long hiatus to this travesty?

If you are going to use a picture of my car with a chick in it, at least do me the courtesy using a chick with a skimpier outfit on such as something like this:

0056.jpg

Or this:

0065.jpg

Oh and while we are at it, might as well use the most updated version of my car too with full widebody and turbo:

DSC_0131a.jpg

Oops that one didn't have the wing on it.

IMG_0051.jpg

Sheesh, no wonder this site went downhill. :biggrin::biggrin::tongue::tongue:

Nobody wants to or has to time to scroll 4 pages of subforums just to get disappointed by a topic not really interesting to him. That's the big plus of FB: one short message + one pic/video at one sight, even though 100% of them a trivial and repetitions. Very, very fast-food like but it attracts more people even though you can't get into detail too much.

I vote for a massive reduction of the overloaded structure of nsxprime and maybe a FB-like entry section.

But still good to see that many old-primers are still around but I'm still missing a lot of them also...:(

Do you use the “new posts” selection ever, under “forums?”

That shows every new post in sequential order since your last login. I bookmarked that and it’s my primary method of reviewing posts and catching up on Prime. I am unsure of the last time I dug through and looked at a particular subform by itself.

My bbsc blew up my motor. I have the split second box. I was racing a viper too. Oh and I got a belt for it from Walmart. There ya go!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Boohoo your engine blew up. Mine too. I'm most impressed that you still have a split second box!

That's the big plus of FB: one short message + one pic/video at one sight, even though 100% of them a trivial and repetitions. Very, very fast-food like but it attracts more people even though you can't get into detail too much.

Facebook = fast food
But who enjoys eating fast food every day? The first few bites may taste good, but ultimately it reveals itself to be gross and sickening.

Facebook = the new AOL
For many of its users Facebook is the beginning and the end of the Internet. It provides even your grandmother with everything she needs: news, messaging, and pictures from your recent family vacation! Just like AOL was, Facebook has become the new walled garden designed to appeal to the least technically sophisticated users. You can't even reliably search the NSX related content on Facebook using a 3rd party search engine such as Google! But who cares? Grandma sure won't notice the difference.

So your solution is for Prime to become more like Facebook? That sounds like a good way to hasten its demise. If we try to complete with Facebook by providing a more Facebook-like experience, most people will just choose Facebook instead.

Perhaps Prime should focus on its strengths instead of focusing on its weaknesses. What if there were more quality postings (with lots of pictures for the impatient who have ADD) and the best of these were posted in the Facebook groups with a link that takes people back into nsxprime.com for the full article or posting? Shit tier publications like huffingtonpost.com have become extremely popular using this technique together with their click bait worthy titles.

Does anyone know if Facebook will allow this type of repeated usage or would Prime have to pay in order for it to be effective? Even if they'll allow it, they could still de-prioritize such postings from appearing in people's feeds.

Facebook = fast food
But who enjoys eating fast food every day? The first few bites may taste good, but ultimately it reveals itself to be gross and sickening.
Agreed. I'm old-school. FB is way too trivial for me. But that's the way it works nowadays: live on or die out - on a daily base. I was thinking about an entry section, a very small and quick daily hors d'oeuvre as an invitation to the gala dinner. You don't have to pick the hors d'oeuvre but it makes you lusty for more. :) Or for the people waking up in the middle of the night to check their mails and nsxprime for news. It's a balancing act. Nobody wants to make nsxprime to a SPAM-forum for every single emotional impulse of the underclass...
On the starting site of nsxprime.com there's already a similar section but outdated. My saved favorite is on the forum directly anyway.

So your solution is for Prime to become more like Facebook?
No.
Just a little entry add-on to lure people from FB away to this site. The forum should remain +- in its existing form.

[Perhaps Prime should focus on its strengths instead of focusing on its weaknesses. What if there were more quality postings (with lots of pictures for the impatient who have ADD) and the best of these were posted in the Facebook groups with a link that takes people back into nsxprime.com for the full article or posting? Shit tier publications like huffingtonpost.com have become extremely popular using this technique together with their click bait worthy titles.
Quality postings need people willing to write them. There were/are a lot of them in this forum but most of them have other priorities as well.

I don't know what is talked in the private section of the Gen2 but even the existance of such a private section shows that Gen1 and Gen2 guys are not necessarily compatible with each other. And I still vote for simplification of the number of subforums, closing the dead forums. Not an easy task I know...

Nice to see so many of the old crowd around. I hope everyone is doing well.
[MENTION=25046]Yinzer[/MENTION], I'm with you.

You are missing the main benefit of Facebook. It has nothing to do with addiction or attention span.

Back