• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sale pending, my first project (should be a good one)

I still think something is screwed up with your AFR's.

If you could fix the AFR dips at 3000, 4800, and 6000 RPM's, your baseline and after dyno plots will look a lot better.

I'm new to this, but something just doesn't look right IMO.

Did Mr. Bisi offer any feedback?

I still think something is screwed up with your AFR's.

If you could fix the AFR dips at 3000, 4800, and 6000 RPM's, your baseline and after dyno plots will look a lot better.

I'm new to this, but something just doesn't look right IMO.

Did Mr. Bisi offer any feedback?

The dips at 4800 and 6000rpm has a lot to do with the manifold design... At 4800rpm extra air is introduced due to the VVIS... at 5800 to 6000 the Vtec cams are switching over... We did the best we could to compensate for it but that is the nature of the motor we also tuned it on the safer side up top... The scaling on the dynapak really shows the ups and downs more than something spread out like on a dynojet dyno sheet... if you look at other NA dyno sheets you will see to some extent those dips you're referring to. I am simply amazed at how much power it produced and how well the RDX injectors worked. It is simply one of the best mods for the NSX around period. Most of the power gained I believe from the car running so lean to start with... This is a must have modification for any NA NSX car IMO.

I recognized that in my post #62 where I also gave my dyno plot with AFR's.

Of course, my AFR's are on a more compressed scale, but you can see where my AFR's fluctuated less than +/- 0.25 around VVIS changeover, and the sudden change at VTEC crossover. Overall, the AFR's are very stable.

I'm just questioning why these AFR's swing +/- 0.75 throughout the RPM band. Something still doesn't seem right.

I agree, this is one of the best mods I've seen in years. Any differences in tuning for high altitude? I've always thought the car would run a little rich since the air is 20% thinner up here.

I think for an NA2 you would just need the injectors and hats (no pigtails/connectors needed), and something along the lines of an AEM FIC or Apexi AFC (plus dyno time).

Honcho: If you've been fine with the stock injectors/ECU, then the RDX injectors plus Prospeed chip should be fine, as it is richer than OEM.

However, I think you would still benefit from testing how your car likes the setup.

Loc, i'd be curious if your car still passes the smog sniffer. I'm assuming it should?

Also, the drop(s) in AFR is a bit interesting. Not sure I buy it being a graph scaling issue but i'm new at this too. Did you notice those drops before the chip?

RYU: I'm not sure about the sniffer test, but I have no reason to believe it wouldn't pass.

If you look at my charts in post #73, the green line represents the stock AFR. It runs lean under VTEC, and is pretty happy in VTEC, then begins to lean out a bit at the end.

In terms of before vs. after, the car is feels like it has a bigger motor. Combine that with my new final drive and gear stack, I find myself downshifting a lot less in everyday driving situations. The car is very happy in VTEC.

RYU: I'm not sure about the sniffer test, but I have no reason to believe it wouldn't pass.

If you look at my charts in post #73, the green line represents the stock AFR. It runs lean under VTEC, and is pretty happy in VTEC, then begins to lean out a bit at the end.

In terms of before vs. after, the car is feels like it has a bigger motor. Combine that with my new final drive and gear stack, I find myself downshifting a lot less in everyday driving situations. The car is very happy in VTEC.

Thx for doing this Loc. big plus for us NA guys. I'll be calling Brian soon.

I'm pretty excited to see what other NA guys get from this mod. There was another X owner there that day (he lurks on Prime) that will so this soon.

I'm also curious about the fuel pressure thing as well...

i am hoping to get this installed soon as i placed my order with prospeed. :cool:

I'm pretty excited to see what other NA guys get from this mod. There was another X owner there that day (he lurks on Prime) that will so this soon.

I'm also curious about the fuel pressure thing as well...

Hey it's Scott from the dyno session, Brian ordered all the stuff so hopefully I'll get the injectors installed next week! Thanks for doing all the hard work being the guinea pig and all :) I think I'm going to get a fuel pressure regulator at the same time also so we'll see what happens...

Hey it's Scott from the dyno session, Brian ordered all the stuff so hopefully I'll get the injectors installed next week! Thanks for doing all the hard work being the guinea pig and all :) I think I'm going to get a fuel pressure regulator at the same time also so we'll see what happens...

Going with higher fuel pressure will really make the RDX injector shine IMO. We'll see soon!

yessssss, getting it done this wknd. will keep you guys posted. :wink:

Very Interesting. Great job on sticking with it. Many on here believe that the stock NSX is perfect and one can't make it better in NA form. As you have read my write up on the cold air intake and the BBTB and the ported intake manifold my car made 274 whp without any fuel mods or ecu mods, just I/H/E st pipes, porting intake, removing the VVIS, and a 5mm bored TB. Now imagine getting the proper fuel to all the extra air coming in, you would gain even more torque and hp.

L_RAO. Seriously, great work. This is one for the records and will make a huge difference for people with just I/H/E. Thanks for your time and money for the NSX community.

I was a bit skeptical of this but now I'm a believer. Hope prospeed will offer the flash soon so we can try this ourselves.

Btw, can you give a breakdown of the hardware necessary for this?

I saw the Rywire RDX injector kits, but are the ones you got specifically tailored for the C30 or were they universal?

Last edited:
Very Interesting. Great job on sticking with it. Many on here believe that the stock NSX is perfect and one can't make it better in NA form. As you have read my write up on the cold air intake and the BBTB and the ported intake manifold my car made 274 whp without any fuel mods or ecu mods, just I/H/E st pipes, porting intake, removing the VVIS, and a 5mm bored TB. Now imagine getting the proper fuel to all the extra air coming in, you would gain even more torque and hp.

L_RAO. Seriously, great work. This is one for the records and will make a huge difference for people with just I/H/E. Thanks for your time and money for the NSX community.

I would love to see how the RDX injectors and ecu mod with your intake upgrades. I agree with you! L_RAO has really helped the NSX community by taking the initiative.

I was a bit skeptical of this but now I'm a believer. Hope prospeed will offer the flash soon so we can try this ourselves.

Btw, can you give a breakdown of the hardware necessary for this?

I saw the Rywire RDX injector kits, but are the ones you got specifically tailored for the C30 or were they universal?

Here's more information since you're asking =)

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157469

I would love to see how the RDX injectors and ecu mod with your intake upgrades. I agree with you! L_RAO has really helped the NSX community by taking the initiative.

Here's more information since you're asking =)

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157469

I have been supercharged for the past 2 years now with the BBSC, 660cc RC, Walbro and the AEM EMS.
If I wasn't supercharged I would deff get the RDX+ROM upgrade from you.

Rahim

I have been supercharged for the past 2 years now with the BBSC, 660cc RC, Walbro and the AEM EMS.
If I wasn't supercharged I would deff get the RDX+ROM upgrade from you.

Rahim

Nice! a lil off topic but how much power are you putting down now?

guys, i wouldn't think twice on getting this mod done. i just had mine done this past weekend and boy, i was very happy with the results. i am only running intake and exhaust, still have the original cats in there. the felt the torque as soon as you take off...maybe around 3300-3500rpm, and keeps going until redline. the car felt like it had headers, in my opinion, but
i will do get headers in the long run. this mod is definitely worth it. i want to thank brian from prospeed for making this happen. props to him and his work! nicely done !!! :smile:

Theoretically this could also be a good option for the stock low-boost CTSC guys since that still overdrives the stock NSX injectors. Rumor is the early whipples ran lean? It would be nice to have the stock Comptech fueling solution be augmented with a plug'n play solution.

Another question is.. will it still pass the sniffer.

Nice! a lil off topic but how much power are you putting down now?

The car put down 411whp @ 8.5-9 psi. But i am running the BBSC on my car with a stock crank pulley that was modified by Comptech to be able to run the thicker belt required for the BBSC. The stock crank has a dampner versus the light weight Aluminum one that is provided with the BBSC kit, so I get a bit more boost then I should be getting.
My tuner set up very conservative tune and been running strong since 2 years.

Rahim

i can probably take my car to a smog place just to get it tested and find out if it will pass or not. will keep you guys updated.

Back