• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ScienceofSpeed Competes in 2009 Modified Magazine Tuner Shootout

On April 11th, ScienceofSpeed competed in the 2009 Modified Magazine Tuner Shootout at Firebird Intl Raceway. This multi event competition consisted of a dyno test, autocross, drag, and road course race for some of the country's top tuners to compete for top press in Modified Magazine.

ScienceofSpeed campaigned a 1992 NSX with the Company's supercharger system and was one of twelve total competitors. ScienceofSpeed was one of three competitors in the rear wheel drive class including Factor X (turbocharged NSX) and AFI (turbocharged S2000).

The ScienceofSpeed NSX faired very well in the competition with several top finishes. The results will be in next month's Modified Magazine. A full specification list can be found at the link below:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/revolutionized/ScienceofSpeed/NSX/CWNSX

Look out also for Mike Spec’s exclusive review of the car in the following month’s Modified Magazine. ScienceofSpeed would like to thank Modified Magazine, UMS Tuning, Brady Dohrmann, and Mike Spec for their support in this event.

night.jpg

NSX.jpg

NSX_1.jpg

NSX_3.jpg

NSX_2.jpg

engine.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work. Can't wait to see the article.:biggrin:

How do you like the RPS clutch with the 460 rwhp? Would it be streetable in some stop and go traffic?

Chris and SOS, Ken, Billy and FXMD,

Thanks for representing the NSX and this community in the Tuner Shootout.
I'm sure we'll be proud of the results:wink:

Regards,

Danny

Chirs, the spec sheet says Carbotech brake pads....

which pads F/R were you running?

I am trying to decided whether to run XP10/XP10 or XP10/XP8 - stock 97+ brakes (RB rotors & cooling ducting F & R) and Toyo R888s. Advanced instructor level HPDE stuff (20-30 sessions).

Well done Mr. Chris, another great article!
Oscar

PS: those mirrors look sexy!

Chris, is this your old car??

If so, any reason of getting rid of the ITB??

and any reason of getting rid of the cantrell wide body front bumper/fender and the diffusor??

Chirs, the spec sheet says Carbotech brake pads....

which pads F/R were you running?

I am trying to decided whether to run XP10/XP10 or XP10/XP8 - stock 97+ brakes (RB rotors & cooling ducting F & R) and Toyo R888s. Advanced instructor level HPDE stuff (20-30 sessions).

I prefer XP10 front and XP8 rear. We usually have these on hand if you need a set.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Car looks great, Chris - well done.

Looking forward to reading how you guys do and I hope for the best.

Well we didnt fair so well so hopefully SOS did! Big thanks to Ross at STMPO and the whole crew at UMS Tuning for helping us throughout the event!

Chris,

What is the black tank with the breather on its side mounted on the firewall right in front of the blower?

Car looks good. Congrats on the coverage and performance.

Last edited:
So you are not going to "accidently" spill the beans about the event or outcome???:biggrin:

Back