• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Should I sell the NSX for a GT-R?

Would you trade a 2005 CTSC NSX for a new GTR?

• Total voters
LOL... don't you guys see what "HERE" means? there is a link to the car for sale. It is a 2004 645ci for $28K pre-negotiation. These things can be had between 25-30K. This car has 26,000 miles!! click the friggin' link to see. I don't want an M3. Its too rough and similar to the NSX. Liquid, this is for my DD, I was not saying I want to trade the NSX. I decided agianst a GTR for now, am keeping the NSX. So I was thinking use a 645i and a good set of serious snows for my DD. Its comfy, sporty, and cheap. Hell I may even keep the element for utility.

i completely missed the link! i still can't believe a 5yr old 6 series is selling for what, 1/3 original list? holy depreciation...

To Turbo,

I'm not sure I believe what I'm seeing here. Should I sell for a GT-R. Man if you have to ask that question then you should by all means sell your NSX and get a GT-R as soon as possible. That's my advice!

You who were not long ago telling everyone how fast your car is and how it blows everything away are now flip flopping and asking us whether you should sell your car. I mean don't you know whether you should sell your car or not. I would ask; is there any other daily activity you'd like advice on like when to .....never mind I won't go there.

Fact is you have been a vocal member on this site and now you are wanting advice that may tend to talk you out of something you "think" you want to do. Man I'm not sure I believe what I'm hearing here. Now everyone is wrapped up in trying to tell you how to organize your personal car list so you can keep your NSX. This has got to be the most bizarre thread I've ever seen.

Good luck on YOUR decision....after all YOU are the one that has to live with it - not US.

LOL... why you getting all excited man? What's the big deal with wanting some input? I am vocal for the NSX because I love it. But that doesn't mean I would never consider another car. I have a huge investment in a car that just sits for the most part. Maybe some don't care and a crappy DD is fine with them, but how much sense does it make to be uncomfortable and un-sporty 95% of the time, then drive the nice car 5% of the time. It doesn't make sense to me. I'm not one of the guys that can go into his garage, look at a clean car and smile because it is "Mine", I'd just as well go to a museum or a car show if just looking at a car is going to make me happy. The most joy I get from the NSX these days is at the track, and I have posted a ton of track questions. The reason the GT-R came up is because I am realizing I need to do quite a bit to get the NSX to where it would be a good track car, and then thought was that I may be able to get one car in my life that can do it all. The GT-R is all wheel drive, more practical, plenty fast, and would be under warranty. Well after this thread, plenty of guys pointed out to me that this is also a high maintenance car with no warranty on the track, and so it too then is more of a "second" car. Nissan is not treating this like a normal car with a lot of performance, but as a cheap exotic still needing to be babied. So that took me to the spot where I need to upgrade my DD, and guys are giving me suggestions.

Isn't this what a car forum is for? Last I checked it was about car enthusiasts talking to each other. I don't know why every once in a while someone has to get on my case about a thread. "why you posting this" and "why you posting that". There are plenty of other threads to read if someone doesn't like this one.

Anyway tbromley this post isn't directed at you, I am just saying this to the few guys that always go on someone's thread and bitch about the thread.

I just hope I don't have to explain myself again.

Sorry but you're dreaming if you think a supercharged 2005 NSX with 14k on the clock is going to sell for 50k today. My stock 2003 with 35k on the clock is probably worth $48k.

Perhaps you missed the second part of the post where he was interested in buying my car. LOL... he is a good negotiator. You talk the product down before making offers.

"Everyone", since you asked.... my aftermarket parts will sell for around 12K easy. I already have had offers on my parts that are not yet for sale. I have a one-of-a-kind exhaust system, a very popular supercharger package, and lots of R parts and CF parts. If I even get around 57K for my car, that would put me at around 70K. I don't know what condition that NSX you refer to is in, but it has 50K miles, not 14. My car is not for sale anyway.

Perhaps you missed the second part of the post where he was interested in buying my car. LOL... he is a good negotiator. You talk the product down before making offers.

"Everyone", since you asked.... my aftermarket parts will sell for around 12K easy. I already have had offers on my parts that are not yet for sale. I have a one-of-a-kind exhaust system, a very popular supercharger package, and lots of R parts and CF parts. If I even get around 57K for my car, that would put me at around 70K. I don't know what condition that NSX you refer to is in, but it has 50K miles, not 14. My car is not for sale anyway.

Everyone's car is worth more than the going rate ;) Mine is a custom Ferrari Bumble-bee yellow paintjob! Some people even confuse it for a Ferrari! $$$$$

I have about 60K in my car, so I'll start bids around 55K for it, don't eveyon raise their hands at once..
Just teasing you T2G :tongue:

Last edited:
Sorry but you're dreaming if you think a supercharged 2005 NSX with 14k on the clock is going to sell for 50k today. My stock 2003 with 35k on the clock is probably worth $48k.

here is the link of a supercharged nsx with plenty of other mods. stereo,.... etc
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ission=&max_price=&cardist=222&standard=false

44k for a 02
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...&doors=&max_price=&cardist=720&standard=false

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...&doors=&max_price=&cardist=756&standard=false

Yes I know TURBO2GO's car has less miles, but still look at how much nsx are selling right now. Keep in mind that if he keeps his mods on the nsx, the value of the car goes down. No one wants a modded car, I dont know. I rather have a stock car and mod it myself bc I know what I actually put into it. If he can sell his mods separately, all props to him. thats what he should do, then sell his nsx stock

please see my post above on selling mods separately. again, there are plenty of 02+ nsx on autotrader, go look urself. and see how much ur car is worth nowadays. Im not trying to talk to down, just look around.

now back to GTR, there are so many advantages of owning one. People r comparing GTR with GT2, TT, GT3, LP 560, F430. who actually compares GTR with a NSX? No matter what GTR is the far superior car than the NSX even with ur supercharger. Dont tell me how you can turbo charged a NSX to 700 hp and blow everything out of the water. Because you can easily mod a GTR to 700hp. With its handling, awd, steering, reliability, and now a 700 to 800hp GTR. Read http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/ when u get a chance. all these crap voiding ur warranty if u track it is BS. Be good to your service adviser and he will do the same to you.

I still dont understand why you would get a used 645 for 30k. If you end up paying repairs, it will cost far more than 30k. BMWs arent reliable after warranty expires. Do you really want to spend time and money on repairs? Unless u have warranty or certified car with extra 2 years of warranty, just forget it about it. If you want to have fun communting to work, how about a 350z, s2000, cayman, for 25 to 30k. then get ur GTR for 70k with a few thousand miles after u sell ur nsx.

NSX is a great car for its timeless design but its just not for u anymore

Last edited:
here is the link of a supercharged nsx with plenty of other mods. stereo,.... etc
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ission=&max_price=&cardist=222&standard=false

44k for a 02
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...&doors=&max_price=&cardist=720&standard=false

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...&doors=&max_price=&cardist=756&standard=false

Yes I know TURBO2GO's car has less miles, but still look at how much nsx are selling right now. Keep in mind that if he keeps his mods on the nsx, the value of the car goes down. No one wants a modded car, I dont know. I rather have a stock car and mod it myself bc I know what I actually put into it. If he can sell his mods separately, all props to him. thats what he should do, then sell his nsx stock

Shrug, you should really but those then. First, you're cherry picking those low priced options off of Autotrader and representing them as "the market", which is incorrect. They are low priced for a reason. If you want an explanation as to the difference, it boils down to several factors:

First thing is they are all 2002/2003's which will cut a few thousand for each year older than an '05.

Second, one is a Yellow/Yellow and the other is an Orange/Orange which are the top two most un-mainstream color combinations available, which ding the price you can expect to get (much smaller number of buyers).

The Y/Y and O/O both also have many more miles than his car which obviously reduces the price.

The B/B and O/O have been extensively modded, which, as you correctly noted, also shrink the number of buyers and make it much more difficult to sell.

The average listing price of all 2005 NSX's on Autotrader is $63.3k. The average mileage is 19,522. The bottom line still stands: His '05 NSX with 14k plus modifications (sold separately) will bring $70k without a sweat.

Everyone, please don't turn this thread into an NSX value thread. I really don't care. The car is not for sale now. A GTR is a fine machine, but there are things the NSX has that I value, that the GTR will never have. I like my car better, but I was trying to consolidate multiple cars into one and now I have seen that will never work like I thought it might. I know what I can get for my car and its mods, and the debate here is useless right now.

I thought I might get a rise with that one. Sorry, you know I actually can comisserate with you on your dilema. I have had it myself - just never thought to ask the question of a group.

I had my 993 and a little Toyota Corolla as my DD, and it was what you call a non discript little car with nothing special and I looked at my 993 sitting in the drive and really sold it for the same reason you're making with your question. Everyone's life is different and I've found it hard to get an all purpose car myself.

I actually understand the quandry. Consolodating cars is awfully hard as well and then getting exactly what you want out of that. When I sold my 993 cause it was so finiky to use as a daily when I only lived 5 miles from work and could hardly warm it up enough on a commute, I thought I'd sell it and the Toyota and buy one all purpose sporty car. So I bought the Civic 4 door SI and it's a great little car but it wasn't satisfying enough in the go fast department. A GT-R sure would be. It's a performer but if you want a track car and a DD and low maintenance it's a difficult quest. I have no answer for you on that - I believe however that your NSX is so modded that perhaps it doesn't fit the bill as a DD - do you feel like that. If not then why not use it more often - unless your work demands a different car but then would the GT-R fit that bill? Don't know.

I am finding that although I'd like to drive my NSX more I don't enjoy it in heavy traffic too much. But I believe I'm going to start forcing myself to drive it more on a daily basis. Maybe you could try that.

:redface:

Back