• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So Confused...

Why is it so hard for me to pick a color NSX I want to buy...

On one hand I want a White NSX because its rarer, love the type R look, is it as nice looking as Red...depends on my mood for that day.

Then again, Red looks amazing (if not equal or more amazing than white) It is a more exotic color espeically with the black roof, but there are more Red NSX's than any other color.

Driving me crazy, I am in the market for one and have been for a few months, but I don't want to buy red and wish I got white later on, or vise versa.

No problem. Go Emola Orange! :biggrin:
Gary

On one hand I want a White NSX because its rarer, love the type R look, is it as nice looking as Red...depends on my mood for that day.

Then again, Red looks amazing (if not equal or more amazing than white) It is a more exotic color espeically with the black roof, but there are more Red NSX's than any other color.

Driving me crazy, I am in the market for one and have been for a few months, but I don't want to buy red and wish I got white later on, or vise versa.

Find the right car with the right owner and the right records, miles, condition and let the color be last on the list. Take the best car, best example with the best history and you'll be happy you bought a good car - that's the most important part. Buy the best car, the latest model in the best condition your budget will allow - you can't go wrong with that advice ever.:wink:

No problem. Go Emola Orange! :biggrin:
Gary

That color is Ebola orange ,named for the color your urine becomes if you touch the paint too long:tongue:

In my mind color is very important versus rarity of color, although some would argue on bragging rights and resale value. For me red was #1 then followed by silver. Red is a little faster than silver which is well documented on this forum. :biggrin::wink::wink: Good luck finding a car....remember the rule of thumb, the rarer the car, the harder the find, the more patience you'll need.

I guess I'm confused too....are you finding so many whites and reds out there to choose from??

This car looks remarkable in white and very few cars do. IMHO the NSX-R look with the unique NSX styling makes GPW the color of choice. Add a CTSC and well..... you have something VERY special.

This car looks remarkable in white and very few cars do. IMHO the NSX-R look with the unique NSX styling makes GPW the color of choice. Add a CTSC and well..... you have something VERY special.

Agreed, white is the rarest of rare and the most sought after....however you will most definitely pay more for a mint white one (assuming you can even find one).

Buy red if money is an issue or if you are on a budget :wink:

Agreed, white is the rarest of rare and the most sought after....however you will most definitely pay more for a mint white one (assuming you can even find one).

Not entirely true....It all depends on who's buying. The 05 white/camel (1/240) was sold for 67k last November, and the 05 red/red (3/240) was sold for 68.5k this week. White had 9k miles and red had 5k with questionable odometer issues. It took over a year for the white one to find a buyer, and it did, in Hong Kong. I was really, REALLY surprised that nobody in the US want it.

Link for white: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96566
Link for red: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135390

For anyone who cannot decide between colors, he or she should go to a NSX meet and see them side by side, in person.

Actually, not quite. Not everyone thinks it's the most rare or even most sought after.

There were nearly 10X more white NSXs produced than Imola Orange.

I can assure you, based on what I've seen on Prime over the years, you will pay more for a mint Imola Orange NSX than a mint white one.

So really, Imola Orange is more rare, even more sought after and even less likely to be found for sale than a white NSX.

Also, color does make a difference in price, but by only a few thousand dollars - it's not like color on an NSX makes a difference by $10K - like it does with other exotic makes, so the "if you are on a budget" concept doesn't really apply when the determining factor is color on an NSX.

Condition means more than color. For example, a white NSX that has paint and body work will likely be worth less than a red one without a story.

Last edited:
I agree with Tim -- this unique automobile looks great in ANY color, and what is most important is finding one that has been really cared for (and loved :redface:) at the right price. Having said that, I have never owned a white car, but in my search, if the right white NSX came along, I'd bought her in a hearbeat :wink:. Best looking car in white I've ever seen.

Good luck with your search. But I'm guessing, whatever color you find you will be out-of-your-mind happy with. Jay

Single malt [preferably Balvenie Double Portwood] or Hendricks Gin... rocks or tonic. One glass, at the end of the day, should sort out your colour preferences.........

I agree almost every NSX is red but how often will you be driving with most nsx's around. To me exotic and speed=RED

Plus...white is the fastest color! :D Go white and take flight!

Of course, I might be a little biased!

I agree almost every NSX is red but how often will you be driving with most nsx's around.

My thoughts exactly. Unless the only time you drive your car is to meet up at an NSX gathering.

Red is the most common color and there's a reason why...because red really suits the NSX style and lines well.

Either Red or white (or the elegance of black:smile:)...you can't go wrong with any color choice.

I agree completely... Color is the least important thing from an investment point of view. Another idea is to buy both... one for red days and one for white days. DUH

PS. Seems like SOME red ones kinda fade badly... white seems to hold its color better.

Find the right car with the right owner and the right records, miles, condition and let the color be last on the list. Take the best car, best example with the best history and you'll be happy you bought a good car - that's the most important part. Buy the best car, the latest model in the best condition your budget will allow - you can't go wrong with that advice ever.:wink:

You guys are right that color should be the least important thing, and for the most part it is, I am leaning more towards white(Red Owners don't hate me or TP my car if/when I get it)I am looking at well maintained and cared for. Things like is it stock, if not are the mods something I would do myself? But to help narrow down that search and play the waiting game, I have to pick a color too :wink: Funny yesterday I was leaning towards red...I guess I am a poor indecisive guy...LoL

I focused more on finding a car in superb condition and good maintanence records. Luckily, I found it less than 100 miles from my house and it happened to be silver.

I focused more on finding a car in superb condition and good maintanence records. Luckily, I found it less than 100 miles from my house and it happened to be silver.

And as everyone knows, SILVER is the fastest color for NSXs!!!

No one has ever hear of a WHITE BULLET:biggrin:

SILVER BULLET is the way to go! :tongue::tongue::tongue:

red… it's the best color for the NSX. :tongue:
1) it was drawn by Pininfarina (Pininfarina likes the red):cool:
2) it's the fastest painting (light painting):biggrin:
3) the red it's too not dirtying (not need; to wipe the body every 30 minutes)
4) stripe and " nuage" less visible than dark painting (black):wink:
5) the red is very visible on the road (accident risk):smile:

If car is orange or blue interior must be orange or blue, otherwise those colors lose their flavor. White or red are the two best colors, interior color irrelevant if car is white or red. Silverstone NSX's are too conservative, and hides the car among othrer vehicles. Of course that may be your goal.

Back