• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Someone please buy this car before I do ... JH4NA21603T000017

Re: Someone please buy this car before I do ...

I personally knew the person who owned the car. I know he took off the supercharger and it does need a clutch. The RPS clutch went out and he never had it fixed.

Did he blow up the SC, the engine, and he burned the clutch on the track? How much does it cost, does anyone know, to put everything together and would it be considered a salvage title?

If my schedule permits it, I'll swing by this weekend and check out the car in person. Nothing beats having an identical NSX for comparision. :wink: Will report my findings.

Did he blow up the SC, the engine, and he burned the clutch on the track? How much does it cost, does anyone know, to put everything together and would it be considered a salvage title?

Block was replaced at least 2 years ago. It was repaired at Stevens Creek Acura in Santa Clara. The car wasn't tracked but he did burn up the clutch. It was thought that the rivets on the rps clutch was the culprit according to Shad @ driving ambition. All i can say is, don't believe carfax.

Guess what,guys. His car has been a hot topic all day. The seller edited his ad. and he decided to have it fixed by a NSX professional. The price will go up to above $50K or more maybe??

i was previously told that this car had some kind of wiring problems.

seems like a lot of stories.. which are true

a) front end repaint??? I was not aware of that
was this done and WHY?
b) replaced engine? i was not aware of that ... why?
c) blown clutch? i was not aware of that? why
d) wiring problems? I was told about this 3 months ago, but don't know why?
e) repo? was the car really a repo? why?

before i bought the car, i would have to know if each of the above actually happened or not and why

this is a mystery car.

i was previously told that this car had some kind of wiring problems.

seems like a lot of stories.. which are true

a) front end repaint??? I was not aware of that
was this done and WHY?
b) replaced engine? i was not aware of that ... why?
c) blown clutch? i was not aware of that? why
d) wiring problems? I was told about this 3 months ago, but don't know why?
e) repo? was the car really a repo? why?

before i bought the car, i would have to know if each of the above actually happened or not and why

this is a mystery car.

+1. There are tons of questions on this car that need to be answered.

The spoiler is clearly higher, espeically in the first picture, but if you look at the seam on the trunk with the fender it is very even and uniform as if the trunk is closed. If the trunk was open, the trunk lid should at least skew slightly away from the pivot point near the rear hatch, but from the picture it doesn't appear to. However, it's hard to see from the picture. That one could go either way.

However, I still think the bumper paint is significantly different than the rest of the car. In the first picture where the bumper interfaces with the rear fender and rear diffuser, it does share some common angles as other panels, yet the color is noticably different. However, this color variance does not occur on other parts as the rear diffuser to the rear quarter panel, or trunk lid with the rear quarter panel. I clearly think the rear bumper was re-painted.

Its hard to say on the trunk / spoiler alignment. I see your point though with your perspective. But the rear bumper may or may not be painted. My freind has a Imola and his car along with my car can play tricks with your eyes. Look at my bumper is this pic on this photo. This pic was taken when the car was 2 weeks old (bought it new). The bumper does not match the diffuser or the body. Its not real obvious but in other lighting it can be just as conspicuous as the Imola bumper in that ad.

picture.php

whoa....if this is the car I'm thinking about ~

(Owner was a real estate guy near Monterey, chrome hre's, lowered, supercharged, aftermarket stiff clutch, Imola Interior)

If this is the same car, I was ready to buy this car and made him an offer of $55k but he refused so I drove home. The car drove very nice and looked very solid at the time. The only issue I noted was the hood/passenger fender did not line up right due to a repaint. The fender liners were slightly rubbing and he had no front Acura badge as it was removed and re-painted for a very smooth look.

It's too bad if this is the same car I saw. The owner seemed like he was liquidating a lot of his assets at the time but claimed he did not need to sell (which I think every buyer pretends) but in reality he should have taken my offer. The Imola also had an Ipod adapter in the trunk and he has the OEM NSX wheels as part of the deal. It was definitely lowered but ran the stock exhaust with the Comptech supercharger.

rick

whoa....if this is the car I'm thinking about ~

(Owner was a real estate guy near Monterey, chrome hre's, lowered, supercharged, aftermarket stiff clutch, Imola Interior)

If this is the same car, I was ready to buy this car and made him an offer of $55k but he refused so I drove home. The car drove very nice and looked very solid at the time. The only issue I noted was the hood/passenger fender did not line up right due to a repaint. The fender liners were slightly rubbing and he had no front Acura badge as it was removed and re-painted for a very smooth look.

It's too bad if this is the same car I saw. The owner seemed like he was liquidating a lot of his assets at the time but claimed he did not need to sell (which I think every buyer pretends) but in reality he should have taken my offer. The Imola also had an Ipod adapter in the trunk and he has the OEM NSX wheels as part of the deal. It was definitely lowered but ran the stock exhaust with the Comptech supercharger.

rick

yes, this is the same car. I talked to the same previous owner.

yes, this is the same car. I talked to the same previous owner.

soooo sad.....:frown:

The car was really a beautiful car and I knew he was strapped for cash so I guess the car was REPO'd at some point. I bet he regret not taking my cash offer afterwards..........:rolleyes:

The car was really a beautiful car and I knew he was strapped for cash so I guess the car was REPO'd at some point. I bet he regret not taking my cash offer afterwards..........:rolleyes:

It is so sad indeed!!! I was looking at it as well, but I did not want to pull the trigger at the time.

S4play, you should have offered him at $56k.:biggrin:

i know the guy he lives in sac. Arab dude he paid 34k for the car from the auction. i have not seen the car in person but me personally have delt with the Arab car dealer in the past and i will never due business with an Arab Dealer be screwed over way to many times.. but the car is scheduled to go to chad at driving ambition for the repair keep you guys posted

i know the guy he lives in sac. Arab dude he paid 34k for the car from the auction. i have not seen the car in person but me personally have delt with the Arab car dealer in the past and i will never due business with an Arab Dealer be screwed over way to many times.. but the car is scheduled to go to chad at driving ambition for the repair keep you guys posted

This guy is the 2nd owner after I saw the car. The previous owner had a house in a gated community in Monterey. He seemed to take good care of the car but was in a financial situation to sell. When I drove it everything was perfect and complete. He even had two sets of rims! It's sad to see it stripped down and in it's current state. Is this car on CL locally in the bay area?

Prejudge much? Post like yours are not needed!

All you needed to say was a dealer bought the car that didn't treat you right previously and you would never deal with him again. Whether he was Arab or not makes no difference, would you of said the same thing if he was black?

Too bad. It would be nice if you got it. It is sad to see it in this condition and situation.

prejudge much? Post like yours are not needed!

All you needed to say was a dealer bought the car that didn't treat you right previously and you would never deal with him again. Whether he was arab or not makes no difference, would you of said the same thing if he was black?

+ 1

Prejudge much? Post like yours are not needed!

All you needed to say was a dealer bought the car that didn't treat you right previously and you would never deal with him again. Whether he was Arab or not makes no difference, would you of said the same thing if he was black?

I can't believe people make such ignorant comments on a public forum. :rolleyes:

oh let me add:

The RPS clutch was REALLY REALLY heavy! Perhaps that's why the owner blew it up. I've had race clutches in past cars but this one was really hard to drive. The pressure it takes to hold it down was ridiculous IMO.

My Porsche GT3 felt like a Civic in comparison. I love my Compteh PG2 clutch on the s2000 but would never use this RPS in an NSX.....

Front bumper was definitely repainted (he had it de-badged and was smoothed out). Whether it was due to accident or not is still anyone's guess.

rick

oh let me add:

The RPS clutch was REALLY REALLY heavy! Perhaps that's why the owner blew it up. I've had race clutches in past cars but this one was really hard to drive. The pressure it takes to hold it down was ridiculous IMO.

My Porsche GT3 felt like a Civic in comparison. I love my Compteh PG2 clutch on the s2000 but would never use this RPS in an NSX.....

Front bumper was definitely repainted (he had it de-badged and was smoothed out). Whether it was due to accident or not is still anyone's guess.

rick

Rick,

Did you not ask the previous owner about these issues (THE PUMPER AND HOOD/PASSENGER)?

Last edited:

Rick,

Did you not ask the previous owner about these issues (THE PUMPER AND HOOD/PASSENGER)?

what's a pumper? haha

No since we did not agree on the price the rest didn't matter to me. From my research the RPS clutch is known to be heavy so that is an inherent characteristic of this clutch so I said no way.

rick

Too bad about that Imola. I met the owner and saw the car at the first ALMS / NSXCA event at Laguna Seca. That was a couple of years ago and the car was very clean at that time. So sad to see an Imola (the best color of them all), in such bad shape.

thank you for all of you who posted all the messages about the Imola Orange NSX , and thank you for all of you who stood up for me about the racial comments , there is no place for that anywhere , i don't know why that guy posted those remarks about me , i have never dealed with him ,and i have never sold a car to him ,i think he was trying to score some points on my expense , i have been a licenced dealer for almost 10 years , had not even one complaint about me and the way i do business , i was very honest on my posting , that is the way i bought it and i tryed to sell it like that , maybe someone already have the supercharger and they get a good deal on a beautiful car , i did buy this car at a dealer auction not for $34k like that guy said , i never tell anyone how much i pay for my cars , it was a repo and it was missing the intake , the car is super clean the front bumper is missing the caps and the tow hitch cover because the towing guy removed them to pull the car with the winch to put in on the flat bed to bring it from the auction , when i took the pictures , the rear trunk was open that is why people think that it does not aligned , the rear bumper is the original and it was not repainted , it is just the way the light reflect on the imola pearl , the car is already at driving ambitions , what ever it will need it will get , it will come out of there as perfect as it can get , beside that i dont know what else to add , what i dont understand is why people judge me and judge the car and they have never seen me or dealed with me and have never seen the car in my possession ,this NSX is the car that some of you have seen in Montery CA when the previous owner was trying to sell it , but i tell you it is the exact beautiful car minus the supercharger and the after market wheels , the NSX will be up for sale again after all the work is done .
thank you MR BEL

Its hard to say on the trunk / spoiler alignment. I see your point though with your perspective. But the rear bumper may or may not be painted. My freind has a Imola and his car along with my car can play tricks with your eyes. Look at my bumper is this pic on this photo. This pic was taken when the car was 2 weeks old (bought it new). The bumper does not match the diffuser or the body. Its not real obvious but in other lighting it can be just as conspicuous as the Imola bumper in that ad.

picture.php

Sorry :redface: I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. The color mismatch in the yellow car is not nearly as egregious as what I saw in the Imola Orange. In fact, if you showed me the yellow car, I wouldn’t think there are any color mismatch issues at all. However, I’ve looked at tons of “color matched” body panels and have developed a bit of an eye for spotting them and in my opinion that’s still a repainted rear bumper in that Imola Orange. Just my opinion from the pictures… I think if I saw it up close in person I would be able to tell instantly.

Back