• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sorry But I Had To Do It

Easy... I had single turbo supra that would smoke bikes all day long. You have to remember, most of the 'speed' advantage on a bike is from the power/weight ratio and rate of acceleration, once you reach 80-100mph, aerodynamics comes into play big time, and we all know, bikes are NOT very aerodynamic. In you case you didnt know, the horsepower required to move an object through air rises exponentially with speed.

For a Supra (MKIV) anyways, ~500rwhp ish, and you can take most stock bikes, especially from a roll and if you take it up to 140-150mph.

And like it says on the back of our Honda Challenge race car:
l_ca863aae930453ef7a49e87fe8e2c162.jpg

"Race at the track, not on the street."

I have no doubt that a modified car and some stock cars could beat some bikes (600, 750, 900cc) from a roll...never the less a 500hp supra. You should be able to.....without a doubt. But I was wondering about the MODS done to the NSX car of the poster I replied too.... Not trying to encourage racing at all. I just couldn't see that happening with 500hp any car---Against a HAYBUSSA, zx12, etc.... with a crazy determined bike rider. I don't know if you have driven any of the above bikes I mentioned , but they pull hard at every rpm every gear-------70 - 150 comes so fast in any bikes over 900cc....................

Let me stop before I get flamed for asking.... LOL... I don't doubt any story, but I was wondering what power someone was pushing in the X to do that. At the track other day I saw a 600hp Auto Supra walk a r6 down, but then a gsxr13 with chip, headers, wheelie bars and intake---Give the supra 2 car lengths and walked him down easy..........Supra Didn't Hook right but still 2 cars....He said he be back in a month with 1000hp to see what the bike can do then.....

I am far from a 1000 GSX-R..
Not too far I hope. That's my goal is to take out a 1kGXS-R
This year.. Aerodynamics plays a big roll.
I got a T-4 Turbo I believe the A/R is 70 hot and 80 something on the Compressor. water to air intercooler with a Ice box that helps tremendously.
Comtech headers, 750 injectors, AEM and like 4 months of fine tuning.
This is my first NSX and I am pretty happy with her. I dont know how much power I got, We have just been mainly street tuning the car. This year at nopi I plan to get her dynoed.

LOL.basically, we dont give any respond to any street racing. i guess snaky just wanna see some differences between 2 cars. if we never speed up with nsx,it will not be true. but not street racing at all. dangerous. it may kill others, and ourselves.

i only did 130 miles one time at 3:00 a.m. since there is almost no car on highway at all. :biggrin:

I got a T-4 Turbo I believe the A/R is 70 hot and 80 something on the Compressor. water to air intercooler with a Ice box that helps tremendously.
This is my first NSX and I am pretty happy with her. I dont know how much power I got, We have just been mainly street tuning the car. This year at nopi I plan to get her dynoed.

Nice Mods....I would love to make my car feel and drive like a bike. Accelerate that is.....Good Luck........my 92 ctsc is about the closet I will get.....

had an rx7 with over 500hp.....But sold her and miss her...

i don't know much about forced induction but from what I have read on this site and others how on earth can you tune a turbo nsx properly without using a dyno/air fuel ratio rpm graph and such:confused:

i don't know much about forced induction but from what I have read on this site and others how on earth can you tune a turbo nsx properly without using a dyno/air fuel ratio rpm graph and such:confused:

he did say he did not use the AR graph...just not from a dyno, the AEM give you all the same things, you are just driving on pavement instead of rollers....

some people beleive this is the better method anyway

Street tunning is actually more acurate to me than on the dyno.
plug in the lab top and do a couple of pulls. you can also log your runs.
recalibrate every rpm and until thestune it to your liking.
We usually tune our going in a dead end road.

I could dyno the NSX tomorrow and let you know what I'm making stock. I think it'll be probably be 260ish.. Stock 05 NSX 6spd..

I think his 2005 NSX is gonna put downaround 270 rwhp SAE on a dynojet with a good kool down..Probally 25x rwhp SAE on a hot pull...

Ive got around 50 rwhp more than him in the higher rpm's ( 6000-8000 rpm's)

But down low I think he has around 10 more rwhp than me..During the races from 3000-6000 rpm's we were dead even or he was inching me out..Then around 6000 rpm's when boost kicked in VS just his Vtec kicking in it was lights out...

Cant wait to see his dyno results..

op said 270-290rwhp.... nsx has 270-290bhp

Dont worry about factory HP numbers....My 1999 Viper was rated 450 crank factory HP but actually put down 410 rwhp on the dyno jet...

According to the factory HP of 450 crank and a 15% drive train loss I should have only been around 383 rwhp SAE...

But I only lost 9% through the drive train at 410 rwhp...

LS1 98-2002 camaros were rated at 300 crank HP....They often dynoed 290-310 rwhp SAE..

why does everyone feel the need to pile on the OP? If you don't approve another thread is a click away.

Considering the newer gsxr1000's run high 9's in a quarter mile with a decent rider, then i too wish you good luck. shouldn't cost too much:rolleyes:

i actually enjoy the read, i'm glad that he represented what a slow nsx can do to a 375whp vette.

also i laugh at the exotic code of conduct because every single one of you hypocrites here have violated that rule.

"I will obey all traffic laws or local traffic customs. Especially, I will pass other cars only in marked, safe passing zones, and I will always respect traffic speeds and noise ordinances within city limits. I will always drive in a defensive manner to protect myself and my vehicle. I will not initiate nor will I respond to challenges to race my cars on open public roads. When asked to race, I will simply refuse. "

every single one here is guilty of that and don't sit on your high horses saying no and actually agree with that b.s. rule 100%.

everyone here has passed someone on the right lane, and if your saying no you are lying.

everyone here has done 26 mph in a 25 mph zone, 55mph in a 50 zone, driven 60mph in a 45 mph construction zone. If you said you didn't, then you are lying.

to the people that have exhaust, headers or test pipes, you also fail to comply to that rule for not violating noise pollution.

give me a break. I do not endorse street racing because I really really need my license for job, but don't lynch the guy for posting up an amusing story and pretending your the second coming of jesus/mahamid/budda/vishnu/judas ( if i missed any other religious figure i'm sorry ) following your "exotic rule of conduct" down to the T.

Back