• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SOS introduces K Tuner Flash for NC1 NSX Including the Type S (2017-2022)

From SOS website...

Youtube...

1712166416886.jpeg

Last edited:
Well well well!!! I love the map options based on mode selection! Hopefully more little things like that will be available. Betting this platform gets way more popular with tuners now...

The timing of this is ironic because we were just discussing in another thread how few tuning options there were for the NC1. So awesome that you guys have worked to make the ECU so easily flashed.

Like many I've been waiting for someone to crack the ecu. I have the JB4 with downpipes and compared the dyno figures of SOS new KFlash to what my car dyno'd with the JB4 and downpipes.
Looks like a 50-60 lbs fti increase in Torque from with the KFlash compared to my MAP2 JB4 (93 Oct). Remembering the old adage Torque is acceleration, HP is top speed it should be an incredible launch which isn't bad now. Will the torque affect the twin clutch transmission? I know Porsche builds 50%+ reliability into their engines and drivetrains. I don't know how much Acura gives you.

On the horsepower side, my car dyno'd 551 (SOS dyno sheet says 560) which is in the ballpark as it was 100 degree day we dyno'd. at the wheel with the JB4/downpipes. KTune shows about 560 Hp at 6000 rpm. All this is just bench racing.
But it seems that the Ktune would put the NC1 at solid 10.5 Et based upon the torque increase as it doesn't seem much change in HP. Maybe I'm reading the sheet wrong.

Chris said he's sold out of Ktunes so obviously it's a hot item. Please, would someone who has a Ktune do some real world numbers with a Draggy or 1/4 mile time.

Sleddriver

Like many I've been waiting for someone to crack the ecu. I have the JB4 with downpipes and compared the dyno figures of SOS new KFlash to what my car dyno'd with the JB4 and downpipes.
Looks like a 50-60 lbs fti increase in Torque from with the KFlash compared to my MAP2 JB4 (93 Oct). Remembering the old adage Torque is acceleration, HP is top speed it should be an incredible launch which isn't bad now. Will the torque affect the twin clutch transmission? I know Porsche builds 50%+ reliability into their engines and drivetrains. I don't know how much Acura gives you.

On the horsepower side, my car dyno'd 551 (SOS dyno sheet says 560) which is in the ballpark as it was 100 degree day we dyno'd. at the wheel with the JB4/downpipes. KTune shows about 560 Hp at 6000 rpm. All this is just bench racing.
But it seems that the Ktune would put the NC1 at solid 10.5 Et based upon the torque increase as it doesn't seem much change in HP. Maybe I'm reading the sheet wrong.

Chris said he's sold out of Ktunes so obviously it's a hot item. Please, would someone who has a Ktune do some real world numbers with a Draggy or 1/4 mile time.

Sleddriver
For sure torque is something you would feel. The type S already picked up torque and hp over the previous cars. As far as I understand the S has larger turbos and is tuned to take advantage Of same. Now by flashing the ECU, there is additional torque and hp. I don’t track my car like you do. Would there ever be an issue with bumping up the power of the engine and not balancing that with retuning the front motors? I guess they would keep up with the rear of the car pushing harder.

I just bought the JB4, as I finally felt comfortable that it seems not to impact the reliability of the car. Having said that, I hear issues with the downpipes losing their effectiveness and throwing codes. I wonder if this is the result of burning too much octane booster vs running race gas? What has been your experience?

Sleddriver

Someone shared this on Facebook. This was with tune only on otherwise stock car.

476E9835-D30E-44C5-994C-910F05207233.png

Not bad as another person responded they had a best of 10.5 with JB4, map 3, 100 octane, downpipes, exhaust and intercoolers. I’d love to see what a similarly equipped car with Ktune would do. Ktuner is going to release a free ethanol map at some point in the future as well.

Last edited:
Ordering mine today. Chris was telling me they were back in stock on everything but 2019's, and those would be back in about a week.

Ordering mine today. Chris was telling me they were back in stock on everything but 2019's, and those would be back in about a week.
They tested on every year prior to release but as it turns out there are two different ECU software versions for 2019 MY... This was unexpected and something they discovered after release but at least Ktuner caught this when attempting to flash. They need to add an additional vehicle profile.

Some people had trouble flashing the tune in general with the first batch. There was a firmware update released to fix this. New units are reportedly shipping with latest firmware so process should go smoothly.

I just recently purchased the JB4 and was thinking of installing. Now that the Ktune is available, I am wondering if that is a better way to go. Certainty from an install viewpoint, the software is quick. If I am being honest, the car is already fast enough. The SOS Downpipes deliver a wonderfully sounding exhaust.

I just recently purchased the JB4 and was thinking of installing. Now that the Ktune is available, I am wondering if that is a better way to go. Certainty from an install viewpoint, the software is quick. If I am being honest, the car is already fast enough. The SOS Downpipes deliver a wonderfully sounding exhaust.

Did you buy it from Science of Speed recently? If so, see if they might let you exchange. Used resale value on the JB4 plummeted post Ktuner release.

Ktuner is very easy to install compared to JB4 and well worth it IMO. With a simple flash it now feels faster than my GTR that had full exhaust, intakes, upgraded injectors and a tune. Everything else on my NSX is stock. It really wakes the car up and feels like it should have come this way from the factory. I have access to 93 octane but I see you're in California. Gains are even greater compared to JB4 on 91 octane. Race gas and ethanol maps will also be released for free in the future as they are developed.

I'm fine with stock...for now...

Lol If you drove with me on public roads...you would want me to have less power than stock:cool:o_O

Got my JB4 off and got the KTuner installed (post update). Had absolutely 0 issues with the tune flashing. After the learning drive, its an animal. The grunt that exists now below 4k is so much fun. So excited for what might come next.

Is the difference noticeable from the JB4 to the flash? If so, how?

Depends... The power delivery is slightly different... K Tuner mid-range is consistent and improved... PLUS K tuner uses LESS boost than the JB4 to make more power. The best part is that K tuner gets the peak Torque up to a whopping 620lb!

1691325639869.jpeg

Back