• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SOS introduces K Tuner Flash for NC1 NSX Including the Type S (2017-2022)

KTUNER/SOS gave me the opportunity to get the KTUNER e85 Sensor /app and the stage 2 e40 MAP - One word - WOW ---

Messages sent to them BOTH

Installed the KTUNER APP / e85 Sensor and MAP 2 e40 - One word wow - I will just copy the response that I sent to SOS/KTUNER - "
Chris / Ktuner - I am thoroughly impressed with the e40 TUNE so far - The car has power all the way up to redline now in any gear - it just seems like it wants to keep pulling - MANUAL shifting is a waste of time for you hit the REV limit so quick that it's the only thing that slows you up. I felt like I had to relearn the car again due to the power and how to brake it . After this update you have me wondering if I need to change my brakes sooner vs later - Having tuned m4, tune Gtr , tuned 911 and Tesla Plaid ---- I am use to power - The m4 is scary fast in a bad way due to RWD --- The GTR is scary fast and the others are just BEASTs ---- Now the NSX feel scary fast like the GTR does but with better handling and take off - The BUTT DYNO says what a difference - My 16 year old son drove it and said - Daddy what the heck did you do to the car . Sport mode feels More like Sport Plus Track mode - I have a KOOL AID Grin on my face --- Also the PRE-SOAK HEAT is almost nonexistence with the e85 cooling Thank you for allowing me to test this pre-release TUNE - Can I post my thoughts or should I be hush hush about this ?

FYI - Lucky me all e85 Gas Stations near me has e80 to e 85plus when I tested each independently - This was a pain when I had e30 m4 so I went to full e85 TUNE - Bad choice - Spark Plugs kept getting FOULED ----- The KTUNER APP and e85 Sensor was a breeze to install and gives you that ADDED feeling of Safety - Thanks Again

KTUNER/SOS gave me the opportunity to get the KTUNER e85 Sensor /app and the stage 2 e40 MAP - One word - WOW ---

Messages sent to them BOTH

Installed the KTUNER APP / e85 Sensor and MAP 2 e40 - One word wow - I will just copy the response that I sent to SOS/KTUNER - "
Chris / Ktuner - I am thoroughly impressed with the e40 TUNE so far - The car has power all the way up to redline now in any gear - it just seems like it wants to keep pulling - MANUAL shifting is a waste of time for you hit the REV limit so quick that it's the only thing that slows you up. I felt like I had to relearn the car again due to the power and how to brake it . After this update you have me wondering if I need to change my brakes sooner vs later - Having tuned m4, tune Gtr , tuned 911 and Tesla Plaid ---- I am use to power - The m4 is scary fast in a bad way due to RWD --- The GTR is scary fast and the others are just BEASTs ---- Now the NSX feel scary fast like the GTR does but with better handling and take off - The BUTT DYNO says what a difference - My 16 year old son drove it and said - Daddy what the heck did you do to the car . Sport mode feels More like Sport Plus Track mode - I have a KOOL AID Grin on my face --- Also the PRE-SOAK HEAT is almost nonexistence with the e85 cooling Thank you for allowing me to test this pre-release TUNE - Can I post my thoughts or should I be hush hush about this ?

FYI - Lucky me all e85 Gas Stations near me has e80 to e 85plus when I tested each independently - This was a pain when I had e30 m4 so I went to full e85 TUNE - Bad choice - Spark Plugs kept getting FOULED ----- The KTUNER APP and e85 Sensor was a breeze to install and gives you that ADDED feeling of Safety - Thanks Again

Great to finally hear about some ethanol tuning! Any idea on if they will upgrade the fuel system for full E85? E40 is about the limit right now I take it?

Great to finally hear about some ethanol tuning! Any idea on if they will upgrade the fuel system for full E85? E40 is about the limit right now I take it?
Casually talking to SOS/KTuner - e40 prob will be the max and a RACE FUEL MAP with our current setup. A dyno should be coming with the e40 soon - All casual conversation nothing concrete to share.

ICYMI:

Video 1 is more of a tease than anything.

Sounds so complicated to Dyno a NC1. That explains why no one else has been able to successfully dyno one.

What kind of "supporting mods" does everyone think will be required?

What kind of "supporting mods" does everyone think will be required?

Just down pipes mostly... Exhaust really doesnt do much other than save weight.

E40 tune uploaded to K Tuner. Awaiting E monitoring kit before uploading to NSX. Definitely going to need new tires now.

Fellow K Tuner users - After flashing a tune, does the option to flash another tune / factory tune disappear from your unit? I didn't pay attention to it before when flashing Stage 1 originally but now after flashing the 'new' stage 1 with clutch improvements I noticed the option to flash tunes was gone - only gauges and errors.

Fellow K Tuner users - After flashing a tune, does the option to flash another tune / factory tune disappear from your unit? I didn't pay attention to it before when flashing Stage 1 originally but now after flashing the 'new' stage 1 with clutch improvements I noticed the option to flash tunes was gone - only gauges and errors.
Just wanted to give an update. At least for my unit the tunes do disappear post tune (when clearing errors) but return after the next time you reconnect the unit to the OBD port.

I rewatched the SoS guide and the tune is present when they go to clear errors.

KTUNER STAGE 2/E40 Tune Review

Having just installed the K tuner Stage 2/E40 map, let me tell you, the difference is staggering! The car seems like a BAT out of hell! The NC1 now roars, especially when pushing those higher RPMs. You can practically sense its power across.

What stands out the most is the seamless power delivery across the entire RPM range, coupled with significantly improved shifting. The best feature I like is the downshifts – they now hit at higher RPMs, ensuring the car remains at the power band at all times.

See below video on how to mix fuels and how the app provides real-time updates on the Ethanol content.

Last edited:
I got to test the stage 2 tune against a C8 Z06 yesterday. He was approximately half a car length ahead of me, and hit the gas first, I followed, and we both were neck and neck. Neither of us could gain a lead; he couldn’t pull away, and I couldn’t pass him. The stage 2 tune makes comparable comparable to a Z06 now. I’m sure results against an eRay would be similar if not better.

From @Ignition_Key 's video:
Ethanol Testing Kit - https://a.co/d/4Sy6LiK

My SoS kit comes tomorrow - if you're mixing in the tank is it detrimental while getting the mixture right for too much ethanol to be floating through the components, even just momentarily?

From @Ignition_Key 's video:
Ethanol Testing Kit - https://a.co/d/4Sy6LiK

My SoS kit comes tomorrow - if you're mixing in the tank is it detrimental while getting the mixture right for too much ethanol to be floating through the components, even just momentarily?

Not in my experience. If concerned add 91/93 to tank first.

I stopped by GT Japanese today to drop off some parts and was thrown the keys to the owner Kun's 2021 with the SOS exhaust/downpipes and K Tune Stage 1. OMG! That K Tune is next level insane. Traction light was flicking in 2nd and 3rd gear and it felt night/day difference from my Type S. Blown away.

You're only a flash away at this point @The Kid !

LOL, I'm done and happy but truly wish I never drove it. I said no at first, zero willpower. Drove home in my S2000, felt like it was broken.

I stopped by GT Japanese today to drop off some parts and was thrown the keys to the owner Kun's 2021 with the SOS exhaust/downpipes and K Tune Stage 1. OMG! That K Tune is next level insane. Traction light was flicking in 2nd and 3rd gear and it felt night/day difference from my Type S. Blown away.
Wow! Was this just the Stage 1 K Tune running 93 octane then? I run 93-94 octane using Boostane on all my cars as is, so the K Tuner with Stage 1 might be a no-brainer for me.

Wow! Was this just the Stage 1 K Tune running 93 octane then? I run 93-94 octane using Boostane on all my cars as is, so the K Tuner with Stage 1 might be a no-brainer for me.

Stage 1, was blown away TBH.

Back