• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SOS introduces K Tuner Flash for NC1 NSX Including the Type S (2017-2022)

Now... Who is gonna sell their JB4 dirt cheap

Not so fast, the JB4 still has some advantages over the K tuner (for various reasons why one wouldn't want to flash their ECU vs having a piggy back)

Last edited:
Talked to KTuner today - they confirmed map1 works with 93+ plus octane and that stage 2 is in development and will be more aggressive - I ordered the STAGE 1 MAP tune Friday - Will chime in with my opinion after installation and 72 hrs. comparing butt dyno with Jb4 and Ktuner - I Have Full Exhaust /Downpipes/ 100 Octane. Honestly, I can't tell too much of a difference from map 2 to map3 JB4 - Lower END TQ lacking in comparison to GTR, but feel safer to drive - GTR feels like you can lose it if you push it to HARD - NSX handles like a DREAM

Last edited:
Talked to KTuner today - they confirmed map1 works with 93+ plus octane and that stage 2 is in development and will be more aggressive - I ordered the STAGE 1 MAP tune Friday - Will chime in with opinion after install and 72 hrs. comparing butt dyno with Jb4 and Ktuner - I Have FUll Exhaust /Down pipes/ 100 Octane. Honestly, I can't tell too much a difference from map 2 to map3 JB4 - Lower END TQ definitely lacking in comparison to GTR, but definitely fell safer to drive

The K Tuner Stage 1 produces hp/torque compared to JB4 using lesser boost! PLUS the mid range is consistent and smoother. The car drives just much more better...

Another thing wort mentioning is that the K tuner really unleashes the torque, peaking at 620.

The K Tuner Stage 1 produces hp/torque compared to JB4 using lesser boost! PLUS the mid range is consistent and smoother. The car drives just much more better...

Another thing wort mentioning is that the K tuner really unleashes the torque, peaking at 620.
Honestly - after I adjusted some of the settings in the JB4 - I have no complaints about it - But IMO I have to push it to feel the difference it makes - Hopefully, the power band will give a little more ump down low in the below the speed limit driveable range

We have 100 RON in Europe, which is equivalent to about 96 at the pump in the US. Any chance of a tune for this?
I emailed them and asked do they have a HIGHER TUNE available - In all my cars minus jb4 cars ---I had to have a TUNE for each OCTANE 91, 93, 98 , ETC - They told me the MAP1 tune works with 93+ Octane and will adjust for more power and retard knock - I will do a 93 DYNO and 98plus DYNO to see if there is a measurable difference and post results - I do not want to waste money on BOOSTANE or RACE FUEL just for safety alone - A person on DRAGGY listed they had Ktuner Stage 2 running e40 with a 1/4 10.3x times

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231218_080941_dragy.jpg
    Screenshot_20231218_080941_dragy.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 15
Okay - Unbias Opinion - I have the JB4 and Ktuner now - The KTUNER feels more powerful then the MAP 3 98 Octane down low and until upper mid range - Top END power goes to the JB4 on the 98 MAP OCTANE -- After 110 the JB4 MAP 3 comes to life where the KTuner starts to lose some of its power that it has down low - The NSX now feels like MY GTR with smoother power delivery that you do not have to BABY like the GTR at some speeds and turn - GTR BOOST will come in when you do not want it to with a HARD SURGE - Which can be Scary - The NSX KTUNER and JB4 feels linear like a v8/v10 that revs higher - Going by how my now sold R8 v10 Felt ---- I am truly impressed with the TUNE - and Honestly so no need for a MAP2 with Race GAS or FLEX FUEL to add more power - I do have FBO - DP , Exhaust and HiFLOW Filters - The Ktuner has stepped up the game hear - One side note I have driven the car hard in 9o degree weather - I pushed it hard in 32 Degree Weather - and the Transmission is HOT message came on - Stating to PULL OVER - I have the NSX for 2 years now and NEVER EVER got that - SO the Internals definitely can tell something is different - If I get a chance I will do 3 DYNO PULLS - NO MAP - Ktuner - Jb4100 octane to show the difference - SOS or KTUNER if you read this - I am willing to be your TEST MULE for a STAGE 2 - LMAO - When I had an m4 - you could run an MHD/BEF tune running both to get the best of both worlds - Wishful thankful - I must say - EVen in QUIET mode you can tell the difference - Quiet Mode Feel like SPORT Mode - SPORT Mode - Feel like SPORT PLUS , etc,,,,,,

I emailed them and asked do they have a HIGHER TUNE available - In all my cars minus jb4 cars ---I had to have a TUNE for each OCTANE 91, 93, 98 , ETC - They told me the MAP1 tune works with 93+ Octane and will adjust for more power and retard knock - I will do a 93 DYNO and 98plus DYNO to see if there is a measurable difference and post results - I do not want to waste money on BOOSTANE or RACE FUEL just for safety alone - A person on DRAGGY listed they had Ktuner Stage 2 running e40 with a 1/4 10.3x times
So are you saying that the Ktuner will adapt to my 100 RON (96 octane) and produce more power? Didn't think that it can do that.

So are you saying that the Ktuner will adapt to my 100 RON (96 octane) and produce more power? Didn't think that it can do that.
That is not what I am saying - That is what KTUNER SAID- SOS said it would not give me that more of a performance increase with the Addtl Octane - Personally I have never had a TUNE adjust for more than 91 to 93 Without a custom map for flex Fuel ethanol or race - If you running 96 you would have the 93 and added safety with 96 - I am totally happy with the system as is with the 93 Pumped with Boostane added for 95/96 Octane - I cant really say I feel any difference when I added the BOOSTANE - But I added it for added Safety not more power - Without a DYNO I cant give you raw facts - just the BUTT DYNO that is impressed with what I feel and see - Sorry I could not be of more help

Does anyone have any info on when Stage 2 will be released? bigger turbos, DCT tune, electric motor tune, etc?

STAGE II ─ Is only for Flex Fuel with higher octane support (equivalent to JB4 Map3). Anticipated release date is Q1 2024

STAGE III ─ Will support larger turbos, (which will require an upgraded performance clutch) as it will be pushing power exceeding 700hp, currently being developed in collaboration with DODSON, as confirmed by SOS during NSXPO23. The prospect of STAGE III seems uncertain for the near future, considering multiple variables; however, there is a possibility it might materialize next year if luck is on our side.

On a side note, IF Stage III becomes a reality, I am confident that, equipped with appropriate drag radials and Stage III, the NSX will be a 9-second car.

Last edited:
Amazing the 2022 Stage 2 is out and available and the Stage 2 for 2017 to 2021 is still on the shelf in development.

Amazing the 2022 Stage 2 is out and available and the Stage 2 for 2017 to 2021 is still on the shelf in development.
Thats because the ECU for 17/18 is different from the 19 (apparently 2 versions of the 19 as ACURA had to comply with some EPA shit regulations)

Thats because the ECU for 17/18 is different from the 19 (apparently 2 versions of the 19 as ACURA had to comply with some EPA shit regulations)
Understand - it just seems like due to years and QUANTITY a STAGE 2 would be available on an older model before a new one based on BRO Science

Understand - it just seems like due to years and QUANTITY a STAGE 2 would be available on an older model before a new one based on BRO Science
Yes, however, managing the availability of specific car models and BETA testers becomes increasingly challenging, especially when it's a solo effort and there are multiple platforms to support besides the NSX.

Yes, however, managing the availability of specific car models and BETA testers becomes increasingly challenging, especially when it's a solo effort and there are multiple platforms to support besides the NSX.
Totally get it - Ironically I am taking Delivery of 2022 NSX and CYBERTRUCK on the same DAY - I like the fact with the KTUNER I can tune BOTH cars without buying it all over - I will let the 2022 break in for 1000 miles before I tune - thanks for the meaningful dialect - FYI I disabled my JB4 by putting on MAP0 - finally removed it - It appears that it was restricting the ECU tune some even on MAP0 - Car is a BEAST now - but it is 4 degrees here also right now - that cold air doesn't hurt

Its my understanding that it was not shared with the public yet ...0ne tester on draggy reported e40 tune 10.38 qtr ....when I asked ...no one would share much ...honestly , if it wakes the car up more than stage 1 ....it will be very impressive ...the car feels more like my tuned gtr but with better handling ...sometimes you feel at the apex you can lose control with the Gtr ...my 16 year old could handle the linear power curve it delivers down low it keeps you smiling

I’d like to se the NC1 be able to utilize E85. Wonder if it will require fuel pump or injector upgrades. Had an E40 tune on my 2013 S4 and it had to be pushing 200 to 300 horsepower over stock.

I’d like to se the NC1 be able to utilize E85. Wonder if it will require fuel pump or injector upgrades. Had an E40 tune on my 2013 S4 and it had to be pushing 200 to 300 horsepower over stock.
I had the same on my 2016 m4 --- TOO much power for RWD car - made me sell it for I had to baby it too much which was a pain- If we lucky its like the m4 and will not need either other than different spark plugs

From what I heard stock fuel pumps can’t handle flow rate required for full E85 as higher flow rate is required for same energy output as ethanol content goes up. NSX has plenty of injector, but fuel pumps are limiting.

Also, it is unlikely to be true flex fuel so you will have to fill up on race fuel or 40% Ethanol then load stage 2 map. Still not clear how we are supposed to monitor E content.

Ideally, I’d like to see upgraded fuel pumps and CANBUS flex fuel sensor but not sure how likely this development would be due to limited market. I suspect fuel pump replacement would be more involved on NSX but there is a recall on OEM fuel pump that dealer will cover. This would be a great opportunity to hand them upgraded pump to install instead if dealer is cool.

although more power is attractive I can't bring myself to mucking with the S as I have liberally with the 96 bee. Lol I must be getting old.

although more power is attractive I can't bring myself to mucking with the S as I have liberally with the 96 bee. Lol I must be getting old.
I know what you mean. I’ve ruined cars with too much modification but at the very least consider the stage 1 Ktune. I have this on my otherwise stock 2017 and it acts / drives like an OEM vehicle that came this way from the factory but it’s now a mid 10 sec quarter mile car rather than low 11. Definitely feels a lot more lively around town. It was super easy to flash, and unlike JB4 very easy to remove.

Stage 1 tune only is plenty of power for me but I will likely add downpipes / exhaust just for sound.

I know what you mean. I’ve ruined cars with too much modification but at the very least consider the stage 1 Ktune. I have this on my otherwise stock 2017 and it acts / drives like an OEM vehicle that came this way from the factory but it’s now a mid 10 sec quarter mile car rather than low 11. Definitely feels a lot more lively around town. It was super easy to flash, and unlike JB4 very easy to remove.

Stage 1 tune only is plenty of power for me but I will likely add downpipes / exhaust just for sound.
I agree stage 1 is plenty ....jb4 map3 98 octane felt like it had more power on the upper rpm range .....a 98 octane or higher will satisfy my itch on 2018

Back