• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sports Coupe for Wife?

My wife doesn't know anymore and asks me to pick whichever I would like to drive (She will take anything but another NSX, S2000, SLK, Boxster and etc.). So, I don't know anymore.. :tongue:

TigerNSX said:
My wife doesn't know anymore and asks me to pick whichever I would like to drive (She will take anything but another NSX, S2000, SLK, Boxster and etc.). So, I don't know anymore.. :tongue:

VW Golf R32 200+hp AWD, Nice to look at and fun.

Also My brother's wife loves her Scion TC.

Hey tiger,

in case you are in the market for one of these. I have one that is somewhat for sale ( its kinda hard for me to part with it! ) Thinking of picking up a 2003 E55.

2000 CLK 430 ( debadged ) AMG Body and wheels (factory)
Only 29k miles mercedes Starmarked till 06
White / gray
every option including orthopedic air seats!
Interior has DVD, MP3, XM custom sub and amp in trunk floor

4965CLK_pic.jpg

4965clk_in.jpg

Last edited:
TigerNSX said:

LOL.... Oh PLEASE tell me you got that on tape!!!

You will need it for future reference to defend yourself... :biggrin:

i know some people can be anti-ferrari, some love em, but what about a Maserati coupe?

615006_1.jpg

Can be had for around 10K miles, $65,000 ish. Semi-automatic for her, paddle shifters for you, could be fun :)

400HP Ferrari V-8 :):)

thought I'd shout out something different.

What is it like to maintain a Maserati? Is it the same as a Ferrari? I'm talking about cost wise? I haven't never really looked at these cars so I don't know.

im not terribly sure, i would imagine comparaboe to ferrari as it shares engines and usuallly shares a dealership... maybe a downfall :(

*edit*
sorry didn't realize the age... it's a little old to reply for no reason... my bad.

rickysals said:
im not terribly sure, i would imagine comparaboe to ferrari as it shares engines and usuallly shares a dealership... maybe a downfall :(

*edit*
sorry didn't realize the age... it's a little old to reply for no reason... my bad.

Here in Minnesota, our local Maserati dealership is shared with Mazda!!!

i say you get your wife one of the following nice Cars

Mustang GT Auto
M3 with SMG
Scion tC (but put along of things in it to make it really go VAROOM)
S4 Cabrio
Any 2000+ Porshe with an Auto
TT
NSX auto
TT Supra with an Auto

those are what i think are some nice ideas to use here...

It's a little cheaper than a Ferrari b/c the engine doesn't have to be removed for routine maintenance. But it's still pricey. I didn't have mine long enough to find out but I think it was about $3k per year on average.

Fun car to drive. Wasn't super reliable. You can get great deals on them. In 2003, I sold my 02 for $48.5k with 5k miles on it (perfect condition). Considering the sticker was $95k, I wouldn't say it holds its value terribly well. That said, I would seriously consider buying another used one.

Not sure what will happen with Ferrari passes Maserati back to Fiat. Might be a good opportunity to get a 400hp Ferrari engine cheap.

Back