• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sports Coupe for Wife?

Hello,

My wife has been driving her Audi A6 station wagon for quite a long time. It's time for her to get something fun! What would you recommend? She is not really interested in a brand new car. Also, she does not know how to drive a stick and I do not know whether she will ever feel comfortable driving a manual car. BTW, we are keeping the Audi.

We have so far considered

E46 M3
996 Carrera 2 or 4
993 Carrera 2 or 4
Mercedez CLK 55 (older style 2000-2002)
Mercedez SL 500 (older style)

She does not like small coupes like S2000, SLK or Boxster.

never had any of those cars, so I shouldn't really comment.
BUT, I would say 993 C4 Tiptronic.
Lots of power. Get some snow or all season tires and she can safely drive it all year long.

guys driving Porsches = assholes.
women driving Porsches = dead sexy. :biggrin:

For the price of some of those used cars you could get a brand new G35 Coupe. Go take a look at one. They are very well appointed and have a great sporty feel to them.

DocL said:
For the price of some of those used cars you could get a brand new G35 Coupe. Go take a look at one. They are very well appointed and have a great sporty feel to them.

Not to mention a great "sound" as well, the only problem would be that you need 4 snows for winter driving!!!

I like the G35 Coupe idea as well. Or you could always by a nice used CL Type S. You probably want to grab a few spare trannies as well. :biggrin:

DocL said:

I was gonna recommend this car, too. I had a loaner 6MN while my FX was getting serviced. I gotta tell you, that car was amazing.....Basically a 350Z streched 11". The car had EVERYTHING!!!! In fact, I'm considering trading my new FX in on a G35 Coupe....

I guess it depends on if you want more luxury or more sport. My wife (who also can't drive manual) has been interested in the Jaguar XK8 as a possible replacement for her Prelude. I drove a coupe, and it had OK power, was quiet, and was loaded to the gills with options. Not too expensive either, at least in the few-year-old market. I'm doing more research to see how reliable they are though. :rolleyes:

I also like the G35 coupe.

G35 Coupe new or used, probably a better daily driver for her. More reliable, cheaper to maintain.

uh sure, i'll consider trading my wife for a sports coupe, but it's gotta be new and if i get to choose the color, i prefer metallic blue. let me know when the exchange is convenient for you.

(did i say this outloud?! ;)

G35 Coupe....cause I have one also and the stock exhaust sounds awsome.... :cool:

the only downside is....damn it eats a lot of fuel... :frown:

G35 is fantastic choice. If she would like more of a touring taste and not so much sport, I could recommend the Lexus SC430 as well. The retractable hardtop works great. It rides good, has a silky smooth V8 with 300HP. It's not a barn burner, but it does okay. Plus, it's quiet, and the interior quality is unrivaled. Also, the Mark Levinson stereo is better than my home stereo. I had one before my NSX. It has a big trunk with the top up and my wife liked it because she could see out of it well. There are some decent aftermarket stuff for it now as well. It does have a backseat for luggage etc. when the top is down. Just my $.02.
PS: on clublexus.com there are rumors about a larger V8 and 400+ HP for 2006 model. Just rumors, but at least Lexus is a little better about Honda at dropping hints for future models.

White92 said:
I like the G35 Coupe idea as well. Or you could always by a nice used CL Type S. You probably want to grab a few spare trannies as well. :biggrin:

G35 is great as well....

agreed...CL type S has too many tranny probs.

djskyy said:
G35 Coupe....cause I have one also and the stock exhaust sounds awsome.... :cool:

the only downside is....damn it eats a lot of fuel... :frown:
I totally agree with your comment about the sound of the exhaust. It has a classy yet agressive tone.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

A lot of you recommended G35 coupe or SC430, but unfortunately, she is not really interested in them. I think that she has always liked German cars. :rolleyes:

As a side note, I wonder if 993 or 996 is something that she can easily drive around (go to work, park at the shopping mall, occassional "small" grocery shopping and etc.)? We just have not seen that many female drivers driving these cars.

I think that she may really like CLK or SL...

If the G35 is out, then I would recommend a CLK. The new styles with 3.5L and 7 spd auto are very quick, sporty, and have great styling.

I don't think that your wife would enjoy a M3. It has a lot of road noise, bumpy ride and most likely will come with creaks and rattles that might/probably make her :mad: .

just my 0.02 :biggrin:

I say G35 sport coupe as well...luxury and performance - can't get much better than that!

I think CLK for the ladies are a great choice.

AutoEuphoria said:
I say G35 sport coupe as well...luxury and performance - can't get much better than that!

Back