• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Starcraft 2 - not too sure if this will excite you...

I'm a huge Warcraft 3 fan but I still can't get over the idea of having Warcraft in space (just doesn't sound right to me). I guess the game is more geared towards the sci fi fans out there:redface:

in a few of those videos, the protos character (i believe) is speaking korean! :eek:

I hope it doesn't come out until I graduate or I'll fail :frown:

All of South Korea will call in sick during release day and North Korea will invade. Stupid Blizzard :mad:

THATS AWESOME.... its on...... lets see how many marriages are broken up over Starcraft 2.... i know tons of cute girlfriends got kicked to the curb in college when starcraft 1 came out... LOL

sahtt

Does your screen name stand for a frat in Austin?

Oh and yes, the Koreans love Starcraft. I remember when I was there working and people would live in the PC rooms and play non-stop.

No, I actually did not play in college. My first screen name was something along the lines of Nl)_tl-le(rU$hEr [nd_thecrusher]. It was erased after not playing for a while and I switched to omega for some reason. If there was an omega sn with illegal characters, it was not me. My "clan" aXis. was pretty well known when I finally quit. Odd talking about this for some reason.

I'm one of the fortunate few who played quite a bit of C&C and WarCraft 2, but changed jobs and got so damned busy that I didn't really get a chance to play StarCraft (I think I only played the first training mission). Ironically, StarCraft excited me far more than any RTS previously had (probably because of its sci-fi theme).

StarCraft 2 is looking mighty fine, but I really haven't had any time to invest in PC games since Half-Life 2. Also helping matters, I haven't upgraded my PC since then (my PC can't even handle Half-Life 2 Episode 1)...

Uh oh, was I playing too rough?

The unhappy face wasn't about your skill in starcraft, more likely about the text you wrote, it pretty much expressed exactly what I was thinking when I heard about Starcraft 2. I'm afraid it can ruin my education progress, I don't know if I can resist.

If you are the omega I played against some times, years ago, you might remember Chaosknight[ger].

Love Starcraft and Broodwar expansion pack. Even my 7 and 8 y/o nephews are playing it.

*Bump

ONLY 5 MORE DAYS!!!!

If you see me all of a sudden disappear from Prime for the next few weeks, I'm not dead and I didn't sell my NSX. :wink:

Wow, I played the first game but not as religiously as you guys did. This is nuts. The internet is killing us now.

Geez the memories of starcraft

had friends that failed out of college classes because of that game lol

right before starcraft, I remember burning the midnight hours playing Warcraft at the local computer lab (UGL @ UT).

Man these requirements are staggering: :eek:

PC Minimum System Requirements*:

• Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Updated with the latest Service Packs) with DirectX® 9.0c
  • 2.6 GHz Pentium® IV or equivalent AMD Athlon® processor
  • 128 MB PCIe NVIDIA® GeForce® 6600 GT or ATI Radeon® 9800 PRO video card or better
  • 12 GB available HD space
  • 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 users)
  • DVD-ROM drive
  • Broadband Internet connection
  • 1024X720 minimum display resolution
PC Recommended Specifications:

• Windows Vista®/Windows® 7
  • Dual Core 2.4Ghz Processor
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 512 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon® HD 3870 or better
*Note: Due to potential programming changes, the Minimum System Requirements for this game may change over time.

Picked up my copy from Fry's today. Can't wait to play it tonight :)

Any other Prime members up for a game on BN? The last time I was in to gaming was the original SC :D

as a note, K-mart has a in-store only deal for the game 59.99 (regular price) but it comes with a 20.00 in-store credit. Its K-mart, but I'm sure most of us could find something worthwhile there for 20 bucks.

just picked it up and got this spoiler for Level 4. warning spoiler!
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9wI44TLSr40&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9wI44TLSr40&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
It's out already? I'll have to get new PC. I'll get one when I'm in UK this October.

Uuuugggghhhh my copy came earlier than expected... was hoping to hold out until the weekend. Sooooooooo tired. Don't know how I made it to work this morning. :redface::tongue:

Just got my StarCraft 2 in from UPS. Been waiting like forever for this. Built a new PC mainly for this. haha. Currently installing it. Nuclear Launch Detected:cool:

Last edited:
who's down for a LAN party? Damn those were the days...gonna get my copy next week sometime. Can't wait to play on BN and see the new gameplay. *Dragoons FTW!:smile:

HAHA installed it last night and figured bring a veteran of SC1 my skills would carry over after a decade break. So I tried the single player campaign in Hard setting to get my feet wet. WRONG!! Yeah that lasted 4 missions with lots of cursing. My GF just walked by and rolled her eyes. :tongue::biggrin: Back to normal setting I go.

Fought the urge though...went to bed before midnight! (then took a nap in my car during lunch) LOL :biggrin:

Not going to touch it if at all possible. With this new consulting job and my side work this would put me in my grave from insomnia; that or an asylum.

Back