• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Steve Gooding /PRE update.......

It has been a tough past 1.5 years....... I am not one to offer information but felt that the people in this community deserved an up-date. This is not an excuse just information.

Between the economy, going back to OTR (over the road )trucking, and all the personal things this year. My dad has been ill but doing much better. Some personal health issues My daughter getting married (1st of three). And the loss of a close friend.....(Who was working in his small shop out back when a car fell on him and was found several hours later)

It has been very hard to make the time needed for the NSX community. I am trying to get more organized and find more hours in the day, Just have not found the right combo yet.

I will say that I am learning what is important in life and I am not getting worked up and spending the time with the family that needs to be spent.

I hope those who read this and know me understand and as I get better at the balancing act of several companies and personal life, I will find more time and look forward to playing with the NSX's again.

Thanks

Steve

Hey Steve,

Most of us in the local area understand the issues you have confronted recently. I think we all appreciate the tremendous resource we have with your experience and knowledge of our cars. We also appreciate the passion you have for the NSX and hope that as things improve that you can devote more time to serving the community of owners in the Carolinas. Hope you will be in town more often and we can see you at some of the local car shows.

I know Alan is especially anxious to have you put his NSX back together!

Regards, John Komar

Steve,
I've never met you but I feel for your loss and the tough times... I was in new construction building material sales for 19 years and lost a family member in the year past and now I have been recently diagnosed with type II diabetes, but if were not for one person in my life I don't know how much more I could take. That person was... of coarse, GOD.
I'm not some kind of Jesus freak but a true man, I feel your loss. :cool:

A good friend of mine is an OTR and OO and when he didn't show up to pick up his load the company didn't even look for him, they just called another driver and moved on. He spent 3 days in ICU before he could call his company and let them know he had a potentially deadly virus and that he would return to driving as soon as he could. They showed no love and said OK. Although still driving OTR he is a lot closer to his family now, they know where he is and where he should be going at all time, he checks in either through Facebook or email with his kids or calls his parents often from the road.

Life is short, very short, and although you have to work you do not have to be apart from the ones you love. Technology let's us stay connected as if we were there...

Keep on trucking and I hope to meet you at an NSX rally someday! :smile:

Hey Steve,

Good hearing from you. Hang in there...that balance will come. If you are ever trucking in the Northern Virginia area and need a pit stop there is always cold beer and a room at the farm!

Dave (John's brother with the good looking red NSX)

Hi Steve,
Just want to say again how much Don and I appreciated your very timely assistance last fall with our NSX when it broke a clutch spring when on our honeymoon at VIR. You were very gracious and worked us into your schedule. We always tell people how lucky we were to find such a knowledgeable NSX mechanic when over 400 miles from home.

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties and understand at times life can be a hell of a lot different than you expect. All the best and again, thank you for helping us when we were really in a tough spot.

Carla (Sebring Silver '91) and Don Lebentritt (Imola Orange)

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1; COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title -->hi steve,
thank you for this update,and i wish you the best in this difficult time.my mom is on hospice,so i have also had tough things in the family.we appreciate you as a person,and are truly lucky to have a person of your knowledge,experience and judgment to work on our cars.you were especially helpful to me when i had a broken collarbone and a dead battery.i have learned a lot about the car from you,and you have helped me avoid some expensive and unnecessary mods i was thinking of doing.it is always fun talking about cars with someone who really knows them,and it's a comfort to know your car is being worked on right.

it was really nice of you to take the time to post this with all that's going on.you will find the balance that you seek,i am sure.family and friends are the most important thing.

it's good to hear from you.all of us in the local nsx community have a lot of loyalty to you and stand behind you.

all the best,
robbie smith

Last edited:
Steve,

Thank you for the update.

I am so sorry to hear about all your "struggles" as of late. Thank you for the countless help over the phone with regards to my NSX and issues I have had durring my travels ... and everytime you diagnosed the issue through my expalnations of the symptoms. Not to mention the time you "rolled" through New Bern on your bike to help me out .... once again!

I have learned so much about my car through you and cannot thank you enough! If there is anything I can help you with or do to return all the favors you have provided to me, please call me anytime during the day or night.

We look forward to having you available to us once again (with open arms)when you are ready. In the meantime, please enjoy your family close friends as much as you can. Your NSX friends & community will always be here for you!

Go SHARKS!

Darrin Paley
New Bern, NC

Steve, Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear about your friend. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Mike H.

Steve it sucks to hear your going through all this. If you happen to need anything you know the number.

Steve,

You are a great person and a great asset to the community.
We're pulling for you and your family.
If there is something I can help with, please don't hesitate to ask.
"Kate" - 91 Blk/Ivory and our clan out here in Vegas are pulling for you.

Cheers,
Max

Steve if you need anything ...just let me know. You really helped me out. So whatever you need..

Charles

Steve,

It really is good to hear from you and that you are doing well with so many hurdles thrown at you. It says a lot about you that you are worried about us. I am just sorry that you are having to reinvent at this stage, you have done it before but who would think that you would have to do it again. I admire your resilience and ability to pick yourself up and do what you have to do to make it. A lot can be learned from it.

Luckily for me you did such a good job on my NSX that she is still running like a top 2 years out. When you are ready we will be ready and both we and our cars miss you. Can't tell you how many times I have wanted to fix something little that is just bugging me but can't seem to pull the trigger to just let anyone have a crack at it!

Let me know if I can do anything!

Michael

Mr Steve, I heard many good reviews about you. Hope everything goes well and would love to meet you for some great service. :wink:

I know this is an old thread but still relevant to the region. Steve installed a clutch/flywheel in my car last week. It was a pleasure finally meeting you and the car is absolutely phenomenal now. Can't say thanks enough and I'm glad that you still squeeze time in your crazy schedule.

seeya.gif

Hope things are getting better for you Steve.

:cool:

Back