• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stock 05 wheels or upgrade?

Keep or ditch the OEM wheels?

• Total voters
+1 excellent advise regarding keeping the OEM wheels, it will cost a hell of a lot more than $1800-$2000 to find a set of 02+ wheels in the future when the car needs to go back to stock for one reason or another.

The Advan RS are cast wheels but relatively light IIRC (have as set for my P-car). Plenty of caliper clearance for a BBK, one thing to remember is that for any track work a 235 front tire will work best so need to keep that in mind when choosing offsets for the front wheel.

Problem is that to clear stoptechs you need an offset of +37. But to clear a 235 front tire, you need closer to +45. But then you may not clear the caliper. At least this is what the SOS site implies. Unless someone knows different, this is certainly a quandary.

Don't ever sell your OEM wheels. You will regret it if you decide to sell your car one day. If you are debating on changing out wheels make me think you can do without them. I would do this- Keep your OEM wheels in storage and get some RS's 17/18in gunmetallic. It will look ridiculously awesome.

DONE.

Don't make this anymore complicated. I don't want to see anymore threads/polls/requests for photochops.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Keep OEM's because you'll never find them again (same I'm going to do with my NSX-R Jacksports Reps with brand new Yokohamas)

and 100% go with a set of Advans. Not worth messing with your oem wheels if you can find Advans so cheap, they'll transform your entire car and look 100% better.

The 02+ Oem wheels (or even my 02+ R Reps) will forever look good, in OEM sizing and when I'm 45 and still want to drive my car and not feel like its modded to hell I'll be EXTREMELY pleased I still have them.

If you've spent 15g's on suspension dropping 2-3k for a new set of wheels shouldn't set you back. Definitely not worth moving your OEM's. You'll never replace them people scoop them up in a heartbeat.

I'm also for swapping wheels, but keeping your (unmodified) stock wheels. I am pretty sure at some point I'll be over the look that my aftermarket wheels give and want to go back to a classic, factory look, and wouldn't even consider selling my stock wheels.

also, +1 for the advan RS2.

Are the RSII even available yet? I cannot seem to find them anywhere. They are not on Yokahama's website. And everywhere else that I look I only see the standard RS. Okay, I will keep my stock ones. You guys always make me spend more money.

And what's with four center caps for $220? WTF! You buy new wheels, they should come with center caps.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat with my 03' Silverstone. I've changed the OEM wheels on virtually every car I've ever owned, and the RS is the only wheel option I'd consider in place of my nsx OEMs.

However I don't think dark gunmetal wheels look that great because the Silverstone paint is a pretty dark gray color, and not really a silver color as the name would imply. Therefore I think the lighter silver RS would look better IMHO.

But, considering you're going to put on carbon side scoops, I would definitely swap out the OEM wheels because you car is now beyond looking OEM in general.

I don't think you necessarily have to keep your OEMs. The RS' are so popular, that I'm sure you could find someone that would trade their OEMs for your RS if you ever wanted to go back.

I love my 02's.

NSXR_Wheels3.JPG

I have a question. Why wouldn't I go 17/17 and save the weight? Are they not available in the right offsets? Are there better tire choices going 17/18 than 17/17? I think it might be worse! I don't want the cheesy tires. I don't care about wear. Will the car look bad with 17/17 unstaggered?

I'm loving this bronze, would it look funny on silverstone?

7250715214_c55f6d536d_b.jpg

they dont make bronze in rs lol. those are rz, so do you want rz now?:wink:

they dont make bronze in rs lol. those are rz, so do you want rz now?:wink:

No. LOL. I just need to know 17/18 or 17/17 and wait for the RSII.

2hwohao.jpg

1492w7a.jpg

33bguih.jpg

9gjc3t.jpg

bronze on silverstone :smile:, esp rz lol

I have a question. Why wouldn't I go 17/17 and save the weight? Are they not available in the right offsets? Are there better tire choices going 17/18 than 17/17? I think it might be worse! I don't want the cheesy tires. I don't care about wear. Will the car look bad with 17/17 unstaggered?

I'm loving this bronze, would it look funny on silverstone?

Because 17/18 LOOK better. Do the right thing!

Those bronze RZ's must be 18/19 right?

I'd keep it just like this. So clean and so stock :wink:

nsx7.jpg

I know, I just love it. The thing is aftermarket wheel styles change all the time, like fads, but OEM always keeps it classic. I have some thinking to do. If I get the RS it'll be the RSII so I have to wait anyway.

I know, I just love it. The thing is aftermarket wheel styles change all the time, like fads, but OEM always keeps it classic. I have some thinking to do. If I get the RS it'll be the RSII so I have to wait anyway.

I think RS' have been around for like 10 years. Classic designs never go out of style... TE's? How long have they been around? 20 years?

Back