• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stock 2004 Acura NSX - 1,564 original one owner miles JH4NA216X4S000002

Forgive my ignorance, but what did a brand new NSX sell for in the final year of production?

84K + taxes and delivery, I believe

Oscar

Forgive my ignorance, but what did a brand new NSX sell for in the final year of production?

I have the window sticker from my '05, and the bottom line price was $89,795, including delivery :eek:

That sounds great but I wouldn't be hanging my hat on KBB if I were you - not in this economy. Gotta look at real life sales data. KBB isn't handing out checks for their prices I can tell you that.

Three years ago when I bought my NSX I was using KBB to argue prices of NSXs down. They valued them a lot lower than what people were actually willing to sell them for. Curious how in a bad economy they raised the values from a year ago. I found this true even of my 996tt that they say increased in value over $8k since I bought it 6 months ago. Maybe this is just the seasonal, summer, price increase as people are willing to pay more for sports cars or a pent up demand reaction. The used car asking prices have gone up, it is just hard to beleive that they are actually selling close to those asking prices in this economy.

Tytus

84K + taxes and delivery, I believe

Oscar

I have the window sticker from my '05, and the bottom line price was $89,795, including delivery :eek:

Same on my '04.

WindowSticker.JPG

I was at the dealer selling this car and took a look at it. Car is in excellent shape. Seats, rubber and interior all absolutely clean. Shifter action is smooth. Real nice mint condition NSX for someone who really wants it.

Here's a picture I took when I was there.

04NSX.jpg

Last edited:
I was at the dealer selling this car and took a look at it. Car is in excellent shape. Seats, rubber and interior all absolutely clean. Shifter action is smooth. Real nice mint condition NSX for someone who really wants it.

I think it would be awesome to get something like this, but for me, I'd want to actually drive my (potential) NSX. It's a Honda for Pete's sake... they'd go to Jupiter if you could build a road there. If I had something like this, I'd probably just build an altar, drive it up on there, and worship it.

The car is worth whatever someone is will to pay for it.....they don't make them anymore. If there was a car I wanted and there wasn't much choice to go around then I wouldn't mind paying more for something I want....you have to also remember that they made less than 285 a year to the US a year from 1998-2005 and these vary in some years with 171 brought to the us while others around the mid 200s.

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Production_Numbers

Wait 10-20 years from now and let's see how the prices will be.

Last edited:
This one is so rare with the mileage that it is out of the realm of any "standard" pricing. You have virtually none to choose from - it's like buying a new car in 2010 almost.

But remember, they cost a lot when new - does that mean they shouldn't be driven - HELL no....that's all this one needs is a guy with the cash and a desire to experience the NSX and drive it. Let someone else, like the Honda museum, collect the NSX.

You want a new car - buy it at a discount....that's what this is really.

why are the valve covers red? are they like that on newer cars?

Good collection piece but as we all know, the price is insane. New you could have bought one for $72k or so back in 04/05. I should have bought one or two and put them in storage alongside the Zanardi:redface:

Supra2NV has his low mile 2005 for sale for a reasonable price...unlike this one.

^I dunno why you guys keep saying its UNREASONABLE???? :rolleyes:

It's reasonable to anyone who wants it AND has the ability to write the check. Judging by the other cars in the background, this dealer deals with high end cars so $92k is cheap among the realm of $200k+ cars.

Just because you won't pay it doesn't mean others won't. Plenty of rich people around that think $92k is cheap. My friend's 18 and her dad got her a new Lambo - to her this is probably cheap....:cool:

^I dunno why you guys keep saying its UNREASONABLE???? :rolleyes:

It's reasonable to anyone who wants it AND has the ability to write the check. Judging by the other cars in the background, this dealer deals with high end cars so $92k is cheap among the realm of $200k+ cars.

Just because you won't pay it doesn't mean others won't. Plenty of rich people around that think $92k is cheap. My friend's 18 and her dad got her a new Lambo - to her this is probably cheap....:cool:

Is she single?

Is she single?

Now that is funny! We need more comic relief.

BTW: I'm glad I'm not the one this time getting flamed for even suggesting a price like 92k is high. I don't know about some that think 92k on a lot full of 200k cars is a bargain but how many people looking for high end cars are ready to by an NSX? It's not whether on a lot of 200k cars there's the "cheap" one over there in the corner - naaaaaa. It takes a special guy looking for an NSX that is also willing to let a salesman convince him that instead of the Lambo or this Ferrari - you could just as well do the NSX for less than a 100k .....sounds good doesn't it. :rolleyes:

A guy looking for Ferrari and Lambo isn't looking to save and get the NSX. I don't think so but I could be wrong; this is my tiny little opinion and I'm not trying to single handedly lower or have a "negative' impact on the "market value" for hot (rare) hondas.....not me, not this time, oohhhhhh no.

Asbestos britches ON......harharhar...:biggrin:

So Big D you mention someone selling an 05 for a reasonalbe amount - is it on Prime - don't tell me it's on prime - in the market - no way.....

Ok, back from the market - yes way. It's being advertised to Primers in one of his ads for 74k, with 4k on the clock that's pretty new and some nice little goodies to go along with it. Not bad - it's yellow and not the most popular color but I'm sure it's nice and it's rare as you can find em - miles etc. So this is not cheap and it shouldn't be but it's not totally unreasonable. Good luck to him!

Last edited:
Sure, there are people with more money than brains. If they want to pay more than MSRP for a used car, then thats fine with me. I think its overpriced but hey, that is my opinion.

Actually I think he wants $77K

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122183

Last edited:
Well the first ad of his says 77k obo ==> 74k - didn't quite understand that but it sounded like he might be willing to take that. I would actually think that to be a fair price at 74k. That's just me. Yellow is not the most sought after color - but I like it and it's a black interior. If I had my choice of any NSX it would be Imola on black. I like the blue too but that Imola really is just wild!

Anyway, good luck to those selling - hope your dreams come true and that they find a car they will drive. Never understood having cars you don't drive. So then these people end up selling them cause they don't drive em - makes you wonder why they buy them. To each his own. At least they keep them safe for the next guy. I'm always wondering who "they" are saving them for???

Does anyone here realize what a great thing this KBB pricing is for insurance purposes? NSX's were notoriously undervalued by KBB before, now at least if you wreck your car, you can get some decent money for it!! My 05 is now listed at $81K with its milage. That is a lot more fair than whatever it was before, which was way below real market.

As far as the 91K goes, I hope he gets close to it. We should all be cheering for him not calling him crazy. When you have the only one of something (that low a milage car), then it's value is what the owner/buyer make it to be. There are no other ones.

This to me is just a sign that the value of this car may well have collector status in the future. It is very limited production guys.

Last edited:
Well, I just looked at KBB and it came up a bit different for suggested retail for an 05 with 22k miles (don't know what the actual miles are on your car)- said 78,685 - for my 91 for a private party sale with 46,500k miles - 33,085. Not bad - it's nice to know that's what I'd get if someone totaled my car - but as we all know KBB is rarely what you get for you car when you go to sell. I'm just being honest, based on my own experience.

You know there is some idea going on around here that because certain individuals may look at sales, let us say more "realistically" than others, we are doing the community a disservice. I don't believe that to be the case. A realistic value or opinion of what a car is worth is seldomly reflected in KBB, you really have to look at all of them, like NADA, and Edmunds too - compare and see what's what. The dealer likes the one that reflects the highest price, the insurance company likes the one that reflects the lowest price and then there is the one that comes somewhere in the middle and then there is what a car actually sells for.

We'd all like to think our cars are worth a lot and it is always hoped that an individual gets his asking price but an objective or subjective opinion is just that - an opinion and that my friends rarely dictates "market price". Someone may not care to share what that "market price" is - go out and buy one , go find one .....is the reply - fine if someone's in the market for one - he'll surely find out what the market price is when he buys won't they. Right - that is true. We are all conjecturing here as to what something is worth - some hang on the low side possibly and others on the high side - does that make anyone a bad person for hanging where he/she thinks the market is - I don't think so.

There is an old saying - "hope for the best and expect the worst", that way you're never too disappointed. I fall somewhere in the middle - I never expect the worst but I expect things to turn out a little less than hoped for - sometimes I"m happy about the outcome when it's better than I thought and soimetimes I'm a little less than happy with the outcome but I'm never completely caught with an unrealistic opinion of things and crushed cause it doesn't work out. Others have their own way of dealing with things - that's what makes the world an interesting place isn't it. It would be mighty boring if everyone thought the same way and acted the same and had the same expectations now wouldn't it. :wink:

Once a material object is no longer made its value is purely determined by collector interest and the market.

Lots of people like to make judgements, but I think its silly. I can say that someone who spends $100,000 on a watch has "more money than brains", but I never would. Why? Because the one person I know who did that is worth about $120,000,000. So saying he has no brains would just make me look like an envious loser. To him $100,000 is piss money.

Similarly, while the average person, and ironically the average primer, feels "no rich guy is looking for an NSX", I would argue that nearly *any* hardcore collector is. All it takes is a single Jay Leno who wants to add the historic, yes historic, NSX to his collection and that car is gone. An 04 with 1500 miles isnt "almost the same" as an 03 with 19k miles or whatever.

A true collector will want the *lowest* mile example they can get as *stock* and clean as possible. They wont care about timing belts and water pumps because the thing is going into a museum, effectively.

The same exact kind of thread is happening *right now* on Ferrari chat about an F348 going up on the auction block with 300 miles on it (original) and the same kind of comments are coming out since the auction expects it will sell for 90-125k. People are saying "only an idiot..." "you can buy a F360"... etc.

Why is it so hard to comprehend? If Im a collector with a $100M+ net worth and I want a *specific* model and I want it *virgin* to add to my collection, an extra $50-$100k to aquire one never soiled by a real owner is nothing.

Once a material object is no longer made its value is purely determined by collector interest and the market.

Lots of people like to make judgements, but I think its silly. I can say that someone who spends $100,000 on a watch has "more money than brains", but I never would. Why? Because the one person I know who did that is worth about $120,000,000. So saying he has no brains would just make me look like an envious loser. To him $100,000 is piss money.

Similarly, while the average person, and ironically the average primer, feels "no rich guy is looking for an NSX", I would argue that nearly *any* hardcore collector is. All it takes is a single Jay Leno who wants to add the historic, yes historic, NSX to his collection and that car is gone. An 04 with 1500 miles isnt "almost the same" as an 03 with 19k miles or whatever.

A true collector will want the *lowest* mile example they can get as *stock* and clean as possible. They wont care about timing belts and water pumps because the thing is going into a museum, effectively.

The same exact kind of thread is happening *right now* on Ferrari chat about an F348 going up on the auction block with 300 miles on it (original) and the same kind of comments are coming out since the auction expects it will sell for 90-125k. People are saying "only an idiot..." "you can buy a F360"... etc.

Why is it so hard to comprehend? If Im a collector with a $100M+ net worth and I want a *specific* model and I want it *virgin* to add to my collection, an extra $50-$100k to aquire one never soiled by a real owner is nothing.

Agreed.

I'm obviously an "envious loser"...

Back