• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stupid Rich

Ok, went to drag races this weekend with a distant family member, who as a hobby, had 2 top fuel cars in the race, that cost at least 3 million each to run a year. He just bought a McLaren P1, and 2 months ago bought a 12 passenger jet, with a private pilot on stand by 12 months a year......I know I am white trash on the food chain, but damn, are the rich becoming the new Stupid level rich? Not hating at all, he's a very humble, genorous person, just curious......Oh and he has a 2 million dollar motor home and a 24 car garage, here's the kicker, he never finished high school., and did not win the lottery or inherit the money....He has worked-working for every dime he has.. Don't ask what he does or his name, going to give him his privacy....Do any of you fit in this category or have friends who do? ..........

Last edited:
Brent

Must be something with Texas, I actually have a close buddy that fits the description you posted. Same boat, all he does is write books, trades cars out of his rediculous pebble beach collection, does not utilize his 35k sq ft home but does relax in his 10k sq ft garage space. Drinks a wine glass while staring at his cars in his yellow painted garage while his wife complains all day.

:( wish I had this problem lol

I guess I'll just have stay comfortable in Stupid Middle Class. Not complaining though, I'm better off than most in the world.

My old boss.

Because a normal size Challenger wasn't big enough..... CRJ200 converted to a private jet. AKA a Challenger 850.

850.jpg

WU_Billy.jpg

He was a drag racer too..... NHRA Funny Car driver from the 80s.

Attachments

• crj200gls-1.jpg
    crj200gls-1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
My old boss.

Because a normal size Challenger wasn't big enough..... CRJ200 converted to a private jet. AKA a Challenger 850.

View attachment 116884

View attachment 116885

He was a drag racer too..... NHRA Funny Car driver from the 80s.

Wow that is a beautiful jet....must have been great flying that

- - - Updated - - -

Brent

Must be something with Texas, I actually have a close buddy that fits the description you posted. Same boat, all he does is write books, trades cars out of his rediculous pebble beach collection, does not utilize his 35k sq ft home but does relax in his 10k sq ft garage space. Drinks a wine glass while staring at his cars in his yellow painted garage while his wife complains all day.

:( wish I had this problem lol

All sounds great except the wife......

I have the luxury of knowing people with Veryons, houses all over, private jets and all... I have worked with Billionaires and see the lifestyle with house staff living with them, security always with them. CONSTANTLY worried about the kids and someone trying to abduct them.

Something to be said for just being able to go out of your house, and being able to go for a walk, go to a park or just sit on the porch (if you have one) ... I kinda like my life. I am not "Rich" But do OK, I have toys like the rest of us and know i dont have to look over my shoulder constantly NOR do I have every person in the world asking me for money just because they think i have it to share.

Last edited:
I fit that category..............................................................................The poor white trash one that is.:wink:

My next door neighbor had this level of wealth. However he owns one modest house, drives a 14 year old audi and wears a timex and old ratty gym clothes when we run. He is one of the nicest, friendliest guys I know and you would never know how well off he is. He is the CEO of an almost billion $ company that everybody here has heard of and his past two jobs has been CEO of two much larger (today) companies that are even more well known and likely most here own products from both. Last company he sold he bought out of bankruptcy, turned it around and sold it for $300m. I rent a half duplex and I can see in his windows from my couch. Gives you an idea of how meager he lives compared to how he could be living. He very much values his privacy and likes the anonymity he has. He shared some horror stories from his past about irate people... One example where someone shot up his car after he had to lay off thousands (he wasn't in it)

Last edited:
Back