• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thanks "whiteNSXs" for the HID's kit and bulbs!

I met a few of the local bay area NSX'ers this weekend at the JDM theory show, saw some REALLY nice cars and one hideous white nsx...haha

Anyways, I purchased a 9006 6000k hid kit and some D2S 6k bulbs from Stephen (whiteNSXs) and since he just happens to be here locally in SF, we met up during the car show. He came highly referred on this forum to get HID kits and everything arrived as promised :)

I got an unexpected ride in his car since he couldn't find parking and WOW that thing is both fast and crazy sounding! I did not know his was CTSC until he told me while we were blasting down Geary Ave. Great guy and this just makes waiting to my own NSX even harder!

here is my picture thread, some NSX's in there too!

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=12&t=558273

ttyl
rick

here is where the "goods" went....was replacing the D2S bulbs in the GT3 with the 6k bulbs :)

Gotta luv the Porsche engineering since the entire headlight is one modular unit with it sliding out once unclipped with the Porsche factory tool. No bumper removal or even a screwdriver needed!

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

BEFORE the swap with OEM 4300k bulbs:
IMG_0107.jpg

AFTER the swap with 6000k bulbs:
IMG_0108.jpg

The light is quite noticeable in the bluer light output and really looks nice on the white exterior color. Now the m3 and gt3 matches :)

Rick

Would I be able to swap my lower k bulbs on my 2003 NSX for the 6k ones? Does anyone know if it's plug and play? Gabe, wanna help me out?:)

Would I be able to swap my lower k bulbs on my 2003 NSX for the 6k ones? Does anyone know if it's plug and play? Gabe, wanna help me out?:)

Sure, this is exactly what I did for the GT3 from 4300k I think stock to 6000k :)

If you are local I can give you a hand....I think the nSX uses D2s on the 02+ xenon headlights so should be easy.

rick

Rick,
Thanks a million for your business and kind words. I am just drooling all over your GT3. One of these days, you got to give me a ride in that beauty. I am also a fellow Porschephile and have had 4 Carreras so far.
Steve

Maximus,
The D2s on the NSX is also very easy to change out. A few 02+ NSX have my 6000k bulbs. One is in Daly City owned by Ariel aka AMGNSX.
Steve

Ahh, that's great to know Steve! Rick, thanks for the offer. I just might hit you up someday.:) What does the stock 02+ NSX come with?
4300's?

I wonder why it is so low. It seems like the s2000's have a higher kelvin hid? Would I just need to order the bulbs? Can you pm me a price? Thanks Steve.

Sang,

That's the same one's I put on my car with the 6K HID's. I got it from Steve (whiteNSXs). You've seen them at your house, there awesome. If you can get a set, do it. It will be alot brighter at night.

Not that you ever drive at night anyways.

Rick,
Thanks a million for your business and kind words. I am just drooling all over your GT3. One of these days, you got to give me a ride in that beauty. I am also a fellow Porschephile and have had 4 Carreras so far.
Steve

Maximus,
The D2s on the NSX is also very easy to change out. A few 02+ NSX have my 6000k bulbs. One is in Daly City owned by Ariel aka AMGNSX.
Steve

yup i got them and they look great. :cool:

Sang,

That's the same one's I put on my car with the 6K HID's. I got it from Steve (whiteNSXs). You've seen them at your house, there awesome. If you can get a set, do it. It will be alot brighter at night.

Gabe,
I think you have the 4300k which is brighter than the 6000k. Have you lowered your car yet?
Steve

Ahh, that's great to know Steve! Rick, thanks for the offer. I just might hit you up someday.:) What does the stock 02+ NSX come with?
4300's?

Seems like at 4300k, you get the MAXIMUM light output for visible light (whatever that means...haha) but at my age my eyesight is just fine and 6000k or even 8000k is not that much of a decrease in light :)

All BMW's also come stock with 4300k and s2000's are also 4300k. The reason Audi's and some Mercedes have such a blue color is not from the bulb but their actual projector is tinted hence the blue color. At least this is from what I heard.

My e46 m3 uses 8000k D2S headlight bulbs and Steve's 6000k 9006 HID kit for the fogs.

My s2000 uses 6000k D2S bulbs and now my GT3 also has Steve's 6000k D2S bulbs.

I figured I should get to know the NSX community since one day I'll be joining your ranks with my own white nsx. Right now there just isn't any available so will just be a lurker if it's ok with you guys.

rick

here is where the "goods" went....was replacing the D2S bulbs in the GT3 with the 6k bulbs :)

Gotta luv the Porsche engineering since the entire headlight is one modular unit with it sliding out once unclipped with the Porsche factory tool. No bumper removal or even a screwdriver needed!

Rick

Rick,

Glad you met Steve.. he's a great guy and he'll go out of his way to help you out.

Yeah... Porsche engineering is pretty solid... I was tinkering with the daytime running lights on my wife's CayenneS and the whole headlight slide out the same way.

Hrm... i never thought of changing her HID bulbs to a different temperature... hrm.....:smile:

Steve

Gabe,
I think you have the 4300k which is brighter than the 6000k. Have you lowered your car yet?
Steve
Here she is pre-lowered:

DSC00900.JPG

Here she is lowered:

DSC00975.JPG

Only went down about 1"+., but the real difference is in the Koni's & H/R springs. Handles and corners like a champ with no body roll.

Thanks again Steve.

Gabe

Last edited:
Sang,

LOL so true. I can't remember the last time I drove my car at night.:( I really have to drive her more.

Back