• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The C5 is gone. Long live the NSX!

Ponce Inlet, FL, a block from "the world's most fa
We were the previous owners of the ill-fated JH4NA2167VT000020 blue 1997 NSX or NSXT, depending on the description at any given time. Guess we've lived through that experience! Finally, last weekend, we decided to sell our 2004 C5 and purchase a 2004 NSXT with vin # JH4NA21614T000111. It's a beauty! Silver with onyx, mint, and 12,000 miles.

Years ago we owned a 1991 NSX that we named Sylvester (it was black and it purrrred). Does that mean we have to name this one TweetyBird?????

Thanks to all the forum members who have contributed to the various threads on the Blue car. Special thanks, of course, to Lud!

Now, if we can just figure out why they deleted that passenger-side lock switch!

Congrats on the car!

Great color combo btw :tongue:

Congrats on the new purchase and it's amazing that you endure the nightmare of the ill '97 blue NSX. I honestly thought you threw in your towels and just walked away from the NSX all together.

Please provide pictures of your new car. I guess you played it safe and just got a nearly new NSX ;]

Well, yes, we did get nearly new. Being a financial analyst, it wasn't a hard decision, because prices on 2002s and 2003s aren't far off what we paid plus we got a full warranty. We didn't steal it, but we did get a good deal--$67,500. The man who owned it leased vehicles as a business and he had his detail guy work on his NSXT. Looked new. We had it checked with a local mechanic we trust, then we had it checked by an Acura dealer (where it had been serviced--we'll use them too). My husband and I really, really, like it! Silverstone is awesome--we saw a 2005 red one on the floor of the dealership and agreed that we had made the right decision for us. Suprised both of us!

We've had one Ferrari (308 fiberglass named Lola who LOVED her mechanic), a couple of P cars and too many Corvettes to count. Local service on Corvettes is slip shod so we just decided to go with an awesome car and excellent service. We also have a 2004 RL (sliver, of course) that we bought new at the end of the year and its been great. Well, maybe its not that simple. We live in a small community that has enough Corvette to form our own Corvette club. These people wanted to caravan to attract attention. Time to change cars! At least it gave us an excuse to quit dittering and make a decision.

This end of our block is a little wierd. We have 2 silver cars and the neighbor across the street has 2 silver Mercedes and a silver Toyota truck. You can get blinded on the way home!

I'll admit it. We don't have shareware on our computer. No pictures!

We were the previous owners of the ill-fated JH4NA2167VT000020 blue 1997 NSX or NSXT, depending on the description at any given time. Guess we've lived through that experience! Finally, last weekend, we decided to sell our 2004 C5 and purchase a 2004 NSXT with vin # JH4NA21614T000111. It's a beauty! Silver with onyx, mint, and 12,000 miles.

Years ago we owned a 1991 NSX that we named Sylvester (it was black and it purrrred). Does that mean we have to name this one TweetyBird?????

Thanks to all the forum members who have contributed to the various threads on the Blue car. Special thanks, of course, to Lud!

Now, if we can just figure out why they deleted that passenger-side lock switch!

Is this your car? Seems it back up for sale at a dealer

Back