• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The highly controversial STANCED/HELLAFLUSH NSX (warning- HUGE PICS)

I think this nsx looks pretty clean and pretty for a hellaflush car if you just look past the functional aspect of the car. The stance movement is not meant to be functional. The car is beautiful in a ridiculous way.

In my experience, people who claim to open minded are the most closed minded people I've known.

Exactly...Unfortunately this forum is inundated with these "open-minded" "Nsx was built for the track" mentality.
People are open minded to new things, as long as they fit exactly into their old mentality..

I like race cars, not poseurs.

Lol...at this comment. When is the last time someone saw an NSX and said "Wow ma...look at that race car!!" Even if they did, the NSX wouldn't belong to 99% of the "open minded" folks that belong on this forum. Just sayin...:biggrin:

Exactly...Unfortunately this forum is inundated with these "open-minded" "Nsx was built for the track" mentality.
People are open minded to new things, as long as they fit exactly into their old mentality..

The NSX was built to be a great handling, reliable, useable supercar, or in the case of the NSX-R, a track car. (hell they tested it at Suzuka and whatnot, plus Senna's involvement) But regardless of what the NSX was built to do, cars are made to be driven. They’re transportation, whether that be to work, the store, around a race track, etc. This stance nonsense is purely cosmetic, at the expense of any kind of driveability, usablility, or practicality. The cars look "cool" and "aggressive" when they’re parked, but it’s a facade. They aren’t aggressive, aren’t allowed on any self-respecting racetracks, have troubles getting down the road, and if where you're driving has any kind of a slope, bump, pothole, or speedbump, you're screwed. In essense all you have is a pile of metal that resembles a car, but ceases to function as one.

This "movement" is just the next thing down the line from the show car "movement" of the late 90's and early 00's. Both are idiotic in the same, undriveable, pointless ways.

Last edited:
resembles a car, but ceases to function as one.

I coulda swore I saw that red sexy NSX cruisin down the freeway functioning like 99.9% of the cars on the road...hmmm, I guess if it's not taking G's around turns, it's not functional. Got it! Thanks for the enlightnment bro..

Last edited:
Controversy always get more than 2 pages of thread:biggrin:

The stance is nice and camber is nothing like those guys up above-that's insane:eek:

I'm 36 and say that 31 is young.

Like the stance, not the stretch. But I always will fail to see the point in this. I like race cars, not poseurs. This is quintessential poseur. I don't care how cool it looks (and it does look "cool"), it is still a form of being a douche. looks-function/practicality=douche:biggrin:

But at the end of the day, he has a NSX. Still cooler than a lot of cats out there. :cool:

Getting an S430 with the amg package and buying S55 AMG badgings off ebay or 5 series with the //M package while rebadging it to an //M is a poseur=douchery:frown:

Because scraping everywhere, rubbing tire when you turn, not being able to go up steep inclines or over speed bumps is totally functional and useful :rolleyes:

Some of us are doing that on normal lowered nsx already:biggrin:

that was cool back in the 80's......on mini trucks:cool:

$hit looks "hella gay" on an NSX though...:redface:

different strokes for different folks I guess..:confused:

Wouldn't do it to my car but most of the NSXs on this forum (probably including mine) all look the same anyway, so something different is ok with me. Some of the very narrow viewpoints and ridiculous arguments in this thread are at least entertaining, as stupid as they may be.

This reminds me of when you see and size zero woman with 40FFF boobs. You stare at her because you're intrigued by the ( o Y o ) but you know it's all for show and she probably has an IQ in double digits.

This is nothing like that, your "funny" gas must been leaking in your office,and or you have been hanging around Hugh to long.

armando

looks cool if were a model on your bookshelf
but to drive it faster than 7 MPH it probably smells like burnt rubber.
the fenders would glow red from the friction and hit a pot hole and OFF snaps your upper control arm.

after you get done re-painting it every weekend you would sell it on ebay.

looks cool but to actually drive it would be a nightmare

so thats a NO in my book

looks cool if were a model on your bookshelf
but to drive it faster than 7 MPH it probably smells like burnt rubber.
the fenders would glow red from the friction and hit a pot hole and OFF snaps your upper control arm.

after you get done re-painting it every weekend you would sell it on ebay.

looks cool but to actually drive it would be a nightmare

so thats a NO in my book

In that video I posted it seemed to drive quite fine, I didnt notice any of thoses problems you listed...

Last edited:
In that video I posted it seemed to drive quite fine, I didnt notice any of thoses problems you listed...

Uhh yeah on a perfectly smooth road I'm sure it's fine. What happen when they go faster than 30 mph and the tires expand or god forbid hit a bump in the road. The suspension is either incredibly stiff or the fenders and tires will be destroyed at the first road imperfection. Nevermind the fact that the inside edge of the rear tires won't last much more than a few hundred miles at best.

Can somebody give this man a cookie?

Uhh yeah on a perfectly smooth road I'm sure it's fine. What happen when they go faster than 30 mph and the tires expand or god forbid hit a bump in the road. The suspension is either incredibly stiff or the fenders and tires will be destroyed at the first road imperfection. Nevermind the fact that the inside edge of the rear tires won't last much more than a few hundred miles at best.

Exactly, a 30 second video that's so shaky it rivals the blair witch of it driving down a smooth highway is hardly indicative of how "fine" it drives.

Sure anything with no suspension will be fine on a perfectly smooth road, but that doesn't exist in the real world, especially in the US.

FzMb5.jpg

Last edited:
You're getting old and bitter. Honestly, you sound like an old man who needs to take a nap.

Do we even know how old the owner is? What if he's from your generation, or even older than you?

I'm from your generation (I'm 34) and I don't understand all the immature criticisms of this car and why it upsets people so much. I used to be on the Miata forums and it was the same thing when someone rat rodded their Miata, lots of people got really worked up. It wasn't my thing but whatever.

There are lots of cars out there modified by people of all generations that look terrible to me, but I don't think it really has much to do with how old you are. Look at the "barn find" culture: Older enthusiasts for sure, refuse to even remove the dirt off of some of the cars they find and tow them into a show, and it baffles me, but I just say "Ok, I don't get it but maybe I will someday" and move on.

I hope you don't really follow cars, otherwise you'll find lots of other things/styles that will raise your blood pressure and make you take your medication: lowriders, rat rods, bosozoku, VIP (bippu), drifting, cafe racer style (yes on cars), desert racer/pre-runner, donks, db drag racing, Lemons/Chump Car, vintage racing, hardcore autocross, etc. It's the variety that makes cars so exciting.

Exactly, a 30 second video that's so shaky it rivals the blair witch of it driving down a smooth highway is hardly indicative of how "fine" it drives.

Sure anything with no suspension will be fine on a perfectly smooth road, but that doesn't exist in the real world, especially in the US.

FzMb5.jpg

Back