• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The highly controversial STANCED/HELLAFLUSH NSX (warning- HUGE PICS)

I'm a car guy so I appreciate all types of styling choices and "fads". Although hella flush isn't my style choice. I'm more interested in the condition someone keeps their car then whatever their style is...does he show it the love it deserves. You can obviously tell he has put thought into his look and he seems to keep the car in very nice condition. I feel nothing is worse than having a "supercar" and driving it around dirty, scraped wheels, dings etc.... <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I've been to a few local car meets with a lot of these "hella flush" cars. Most of them are young but when they see my NSX or Arista5's.<o:p></o:p>
It's like they just saw Santa for the first time....thier eyes open wide,<o:p></o:p>
thier jaw drops and they are knowledgeable about these cars and always respectful of my style(which is basically stock with some wheels and Blis).

<o:p> </o:p>

I think some of us (okay, maybe just me) are struggling to understand the point of this car.

I mean, I understand cosmetic mods. I get the allure of a big wing that's of no use on the street. I get the attraction of widebody kits and even radical kits like the Veilside. They don't necessarily make it perform better, in fact in some cases they probably hurt performance, but they mimic race cars and/or hypercars so the mods have a connection to the real world and it's still a great car.

Crazy paint jobs (skulls, chameleon colors, and designer handbags, etc) aren't my cup of tea, but I also understand why people do them. Someone was proud of it and it's still a great car.

Even NSXs with the top chopped off to make a convertible make a bit of sense to me. Despite the adverse effect on performance, it's still a useful car if perhaps not quite as great as before.

But this business with the tires stretched to the limit and the camber set so as to make the axles look broken, I don't get at all. It's not intended to mimic a race car or some super exotic and the car is, for all intents and purposes, completely useless in that trim. Am I wrong that it would be dangerous to drive, even on the smoothest of roads, at any appreciable speed with the tires and camber set up like that? Is the whole point of this setup simply that it makes the car look like a cartoon drawing?

Anyway, as I'd said before, I'd like to understand but I suspect it's just something I'll never "get". To each their own.

Last edited:
since we are trying to rationalize this phenom....I think the whole reason or purpose is to exactly find the right combo of wheel offset/ tire size/ -camber/ to achieve the closest aproximation of tire-fender and still "roll".......simple....Its like archery/darts/bacce:biggrin:

I think some of us (okay, maybe just me) are struggling to understand the point of this car.

I mean, I understand cosmetic mods. I get the allure of a big wing that's of no use on the street. I get the attraction of widebody kits and even radical kits like the Veilside. They don't necessarily make it perform better, in fact in some cases they probably hurt performance, but they mimic race cars and/or hypercars so the mods have a connection to the real world and it's still a great car.

Crazy paint jobs (skulls, chameleon colors, and designer handbags, etc) aren't my cup of tea, but I also understand why people do them. Someone was proud of it and it's still a great car.

Even NSXs with the top chopped off to make a convertible make a bit of sense to me. Despite the adverse effect on performance, it's still a useful car if perhaps not quite as great as before.

But this business with the tires stretched to the limit and the camber set so as to make the axles look broken, I don't get at all. It's not intended to mimic a race car or some super exotic and the car is, for all intents and purposes, completely useless in that trim. Am I wrong that it would be dangerous to drive, even on the smoothest of roads, at any appreciable speed with the tires and camber set up like that? Is the whole point of this setup simply that it makes the car look like a cartoon drawing?

Anyway, as I'd said before, I'd like to understand but I suspect it's just something I'll never "get". To each their own.

Isn't the point of this car to roll huge wheels with crazy offsets and be STANCED/HELLAFLUSH/COOL? :biggrin:

Wow an actually logical post that says "I don't get it, can someone explain it" and doesn't descend into disrespectful, condescending and immature BS. Bravo! I didn't think it would happen.

I have the same questions, is this an offshoot of VIP style, taking wheel fitment to the extremes, real life usability be damned, or something else entirely?

I want to see a quick and dirty video of it going over a speed bump, into a driveway, etc... you know, the usual day to day things regular cars undertake. Not asking to see it on a racetrack or anything out of the ordinary. Curiousity has got the best of me.
Anyone else?

needs more cow bell. that NSX would get the proper respect at a wekfest event. IMO, looks clean but definitely not functional as a proper street car.

VIP: Just as dumb as stance/hellaflush, lets take a really comfortable nice riding luxury car and make it ride like crap, scrape everywhere, etc.

Not sure which VIP cars you've experienced first hand, but the majority of them run air bags which are more comfortable than any stock suspension. Plus, being fully height adjustable at the flip of a switch mean no scraping.

This sure is a serious thread full of passionate opinions. I'm not a "racer-boy" so I can't vouch for the million racing parts stickers, I'm not a purist, I'm not a ricer, and I'm not really a fan of the HellaFlush movement. I'm going to go ahead and assume though that it's another group of people doing everything they can to separate themselves from the boring day to day of stock cars.

Is it interesting? Of course it is or we wouldn't be talking about it.
Is it logical? No, but it brings someone else pleasure.

No matter what people do to their cars, someone's going to like it, and someone else is going to think it's absolutely disgusting and disrespectful to the car. All in all it really doesn't matter. I think Rat Rods are amazing, but I'm not going to rat an NSX. I think all of the different groups of car customizations are cool or horrible, but I respect that it makes them happy and that they're willing to put the work in to modify their car. If HellaFlush people want to replace tires every 2k miles, good for them. At least they'll get good at it.

I'm a track junkie and a minimalist, so even some of the "popular" mods to NSX's don't thrill me, but I would never tell someone their body kit doesn't make sense and you've pissed away money, because it's not a waste of money. We're all gonna die some day. This spinning ball of sh**'s gonna stop turning and we'll all be decomposing piles of gunk left here to rot some more. Happiness is really all that matters. If it makes you happy, do it. Doesn't matter to me. I'm just glad you're furthering your mechanical knowledge and putting effort into something you're passionate about.

So even if it isn't your thing, at least appreciate that it's what floats their boat and they put time and money into it. Am I wrong?

This sure is a serious thread full of passionate opinions. I'm not a "racer-boy" so I can't vouch for the million racing parts stickers, I'm not a purist, I'm not a ricer, and I'm not really a fan of the HellaFlush movement. I'm going to go ahead and assume though that it's another group of people doing everything they can to separate themselves from the boring day to day of stock cars.

No matter what people do to their cars, someone's going to like it, and someone else is going to think it's absolutely disgusting and disrespectful to the car. All in all it really doesn't matter. I think Rat Rods are amazing, but I'm not going to rat an NSX. I think all of the different groups of car customizations are cool or horrible, but I respect that it makes them happy and that they're willing to put the work in to modify their car. If HellaFlush people want to replace tires every 2k miles, good for them. At least they'll get good at it.

I'm a track junkie and a minimalist, so even some of the "popular" mods to NSX's don't thrill me, but I would never tell someone their body kit doesn't make sense and you've pissed away money, because it's not a waste of money. We're all gonna die some day. This spinning ball of sh**'s gonna stop turning and we'll all be decomposing piles of gunk left here to rot some more. Happiness is really all that matters. If it makes you happy, do it. Doesn't matter to me. I'm just glad you're furthering your mechanical knowledge and putting effort into something you're passionate about.

So even if it isn't your thing, at least appreciate that it's what floats their boat and they put time and money into it. Am I wrong?

Amen.

Double Amen...

Lol...those are some sick whips. Thanks for the link:biggrin:

Just like all different niches (I find the word "fads" kind of offensive to people), there are things there that I like and things I don't. That 280z is pretty bad though. There's a lot of blood, sweat, and tears in there and believe me I know. I've got an '80 280 and it needs a lot of TLC. Whoever did that deserves a pat on the back.

Well, the automatic NSXs weren't. :cool:

Well, I'm happy that I don't track my NSX or even try to track it.At least it still looks like an NSX and at least I'm not trying to make it look like a plane,bird,jet or who know what you are trying to make your car look like,Captain!It looks like your "NSX" can fly.Can it?Lol!Don't try to hard you might hurt yourself.We here wouldn't want to see are hear that happen.Right,Captain?

It's a bird,It's a plane,Oh nah it's just Captain! :wink:

I don't like the whole hellaflush thing. But that's just my opinion.

To each his own. But kudos to the owner throwing down the $$$$ to put some ADV1 wheels on it. It's too bad this is the only NSX I've personally seen with ADV1s.

It's also too bad that he couldn't afford to buy a damn town hook cover. I mean, come on! Can't we all agree on that?

Back