• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The most beautiful car in the world?

Personally, I think that car looks better in blue!!!

Ha, I am pretty sure you think yellow is the top no matter what! Though I am a bit blue focused.

image.jpg

Lambo LP is sick... But that's a kit on regular one

That pic was actually a SV which is a lighter weight LP640. The 640 is a higher displacement regular one with a body kit that does not improve upon the original IMHO.

I like white, with 3 pedals and the smaller wing. I do like the subdued decal vs. the larger version.

3 pedal is key in that car!

Old school..... something classic and beautiful about this car.

1960_Ferrari_250GT_California_Spyder1.jpg

Last edited:
How about the original CCR. #2 on my list all time, not counting all the evolutions of the car with associated name changes.

image.jpg

I don't have any detailed pictures (but I can take one if you desire).
NASA sticker is the yellow sticker under my Dept. of Defense, Naval Air Station Patuxent River, MD sticker...both circled in red.

Great looking NSX, where was it originally photographed?

For a car that was produced in the '60s, this does not get near enough cred. Pictures don't do it justice. If you have ever actually seen one with your own eyes you know what I mean.

I agree...the Mangusta is cool!

- - - Updated - - -

Great looking NSX, where was it originally photographed?

This photo was taken by a professional photographer who comes to the Cars and Coffee gathering in the rain in Greensboro, NC. 3rd Saturday of each month.

Is that a Lightning in the background of your avatar?
When I was working with Pittards Leather I got a tour of a local Harrier base near Yoevil, Sommerset.

Re the Orochi from Japan, I thought the poster would have mentioned............

Development and design

The Orochi was originally unveiled at the 2001 Tokyo Motor Show as a concept car based on the Honda NSX platform.

I dont think its as nice as the donor car, anyone know of any other NSX based cars apart from NSX V2 in the movies.

Read all about it http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsuoka_Orochi

nsx appears to have little japanese competition in this discussion. i would agree that the nsx might be the most beautiful japanese car ever followed by the datsun Z.

nsx appears to have little japanese competition in this discussion. i would agree that the nsx might be the most beautiful japanese car ever followed by the datsun Z.

I don't know - the Toyota 2000GT is a stunning. Especially in person.

sstp_1010_01_o%2Btoyota_owners_and_restorers_club_car_show%2Btoyota_2000gt.jpg

Dave, I agree. On the rare occasion I do see one down here in L.A. I stare at it, as if I still yearn to someday own one ... despite being an owner myself.

When I see one "in the wild" (which is extremely rare in North Carolina), I say to my wife (or just to myself)..."If I didn't own one, I'd go out and buy one!"

I don't know - the Toyota 2000GT is a stunning. Especially in person.
I agree Ponyboy, the Toyota is lovely, we have real original one here in town that comes out to some of the car runs. Your photo reminded me .... who knows what that large panel is on the left side fender?? Battery access?

Other contenders Ferrari 250 GTO, any Bugatti, Mclaren F1, 917/30 and the orig GT40. NSX is still pretty good!

You almost need separate categories for front and rear/mid engine cars.

If you want to go Old School:

attachment.php

'Merika has produced one post-war design that holds up nicely:

attachment.php

Of course all beautiful cars look best in black...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Delahaye Comp#ACE26C.jpg
    Delahaye Comp#ACE26C.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 737
  • Continental Mark II 1956.jpg
    Continental Mark II 1956.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 738
  • 3872.jpg
    3872.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 736
Last edited:
The link in the previous post should be marked NSFW...

...Not for the content. But for the woodie you get looking at the content.

Remember when Maserati built beautiful cars? Seems now all they make are nice sounding Buicks?

1. Shelby Cobra 427
2. Mercedes 300 SL
3. Mclaren F1
4. Pagani Huayra

Last edited:
I think the Lamborghini Diablo SV probably the best looking car I've seen in person so far.

- - - Updated - - -

But Jeff's NSX is the most amazing car in the world!!! lol

Your photo reminded me .... who knows what that large panel is on the left side fender?? Battery access?

IIRC, I think one side is access to the battery and the other for the air cleaner.

Well, I think the R8 is damn sexy, so is the old McLaren F1, the Shelby Cobra, Shaguar Etype and of course, the NSX (w/ tan interior :p )

Can't say which TR is better as I haven't seen the older one in person. I have however spent some time with the newer TR and it is a great car to see in person. Photos just don't quite capture it.

Back