• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

the new king of the road

NSXFreak00 said:
cmon guys!

the guy is getting a new car is excited, so don't rain on his parade.

but for the record, i can't see myself buying a vette...

If i posted pics of a GJ turbo'd NSX on a vette, viper or any other car thread i'd get blasted! They used to call the ZR1 the king of the road. Vettes are fast and all but seems like i see just as many for sale in the nsx classifieds.

Very impressive automobile!!!! Sadly and truely, after 30k miles they are worth about 2 dead fly wings. Theres a prime member with 333k miles on his nsx. I bet it would bring more (looks and money) than a comparable year vette. JMO

That car really does look nice!!! I can't believe all the haters out there... It seems to me that this car is a wake up call for the super-car market, just as the NSX was in the nighties. Don't get me wrong, I don't generally like ANYTHING GM, but I think the Corvette does have a rich history and is in a league of it's own (in terms of GM cars). The body styling on the new C6 is as much of an improvement as the C5 was over the C4... IMO.

I bought my NSX for mostly emotional reasons. When I saw one 14 years ago (I was just a little kid), I thought it was the replacement for the F40... somebody let me on to the fact that it was an NSX (which I had never heard of). It just looked so exotic and amazing too me. It still looks exotic - so rare. It was also one of the biggest engineering achievements of the nighties. Yes, it has very good performance, but NOT Z06 performance. Yes, the NSX has unsurpassed quality... maybe the C6 will be better than the C5 in that regard... we don't know yet.

For me, I really don't care about the Z06, but I give it credit for what it is. The C6 is already becoming very common, thus the Z06 will never be considered exotic and will never be the car for me. But c'mon, I don't think anybody can deny that it is one amazing vehicle!

I don't care about this inferior Dyno Sheet, I repeat. Bring this car down my road.....:biggrin: I will be gentle with it....

NetViper said:
There are pictures of one on the dyno floating around. Here are the numbers:

Baseline (red) and with headers (blue).

:eek:

after%20header%20install.JPG

ahaha ok len just cuz you have like 900 horsepower doesnt mean you can pick on the GM... well.... actually i guess it does... bWUAHAHAHAH

khappucino said:
ahaha ok len just cuz you have like 900 horsepower doesnt mean you can pick on the GM... well.... actually i guess it does... bWUAHAHAHAH

Dave, when are you going the FI route? I want to see what my old car can really do? :biggrin: :biggrin: I had better be the first one that gets a ride though.

nsxmofo said:
taken yesterday at the frankfurt auto show in germany by one of my best friends on travel there. my yellow one should be arriving in time for spring "nsx hunting season" :biggrin: after i make some virgin sacrifices apparently (ehemmmm you know who i'm talking about).

enjoy!
Congrats!

But why did you have to be a fool and put your foot in your mouth about the NSX?

Most of us on NSX Prime could afford to buy a C6 Z06 if we really felt so envious. You don't see us dashing to our GM dealers to line up to buy the Z06.

I appreciate the Z06, I really do. But if I felt it was superior to my NSX, I'd have one on order.

Instead I'm saving my money for the HSC.

What does that tell you? It should tell you that I don't think the Z06 is worth MY money.

Enjoy your Z06, but don't pretend like you're lording over us or something.

The Z06 may go really fast but I would still rather have an NSX..the NSX is just a better car if you look at quality and long term ownership..I really see no need for 500hp on the street either..so why buy a Z06? I guess if you have to have the latest, fastest thing on the road.....

zahntech said:
The Z06 may go really fast but I would still rather have an NSX..

I believe the man said he was keeping his NSX, so he is going to have both...

Honda will always be a first love for me, but I don't think it is a horrible stretch to pay homage to cars made by someone else.

I guess you guys might say the only taste I have is in my mouth, but I like the new Z06, just as I am liking several cars rolling off American assembly lines lately.

If I were asked to choose, I would choose a used NSX all day, but it doesn't appear that Mofo has to choose- he has cake, and he will eat it too...

Congrats on your order! Keep us aware of what you think as you spend more time with it.

Philip

OK let me rephrase that, I would rather drive an NSX, I have driven the C5 and the visibility is horrible,and the hood is way too long, I felt like I was driving around a giant hood all over town, and the C6 doesn't look like its any better..also the car had so much power that if you put your foot in it in the first three gears the tires would immediately break loose and start spinning...smoke show anyone?...if you push the car anywhere near its limits you will very likely end up in jail, unless you are the type that goes to the track....I don't, and most sports car owners do not...so why have 500hp on the street?....I don't get it.....I also have a major problem with GM as they have built the worst cars on the planet (with the exception of the treben)and still do..just my opinion of course :wink:

However this is the good old USA and anyone car buy whatever they like and if someone wants a Z06 than go for it. :smile:

zahntech said:
OK let me rephrase that, I would rather drive an NSX, I have driven the C5 and the visibility is horrible,and the hood is way too long, I felt like I was driving around a giant hood all over town, and the C6 doesn't look like its any better..also the car had so much power that if you put your foot in it in the first three gears the tires would immediately break loose and start spinning...smoke show anyone?...if you push the car anywhere near its limits you will very likely end up in jail, unless you are the type that goes to the track....I don't, and most sports car owners do not...so why have 500hp on the street?....I don't get it.....I also have a major problem with GM as they have built the worst cars on the planet (with the exception of the treben)and still do..just my opinion of course :wink:

However this is the good old USA and anyone car buy whatever they like and if someone wants a Z06 than go for it. :smile:

Sorry, but I kind of found this post a little silly. I'm sure the Miata guys are saying the same thing about our NSX. Why would you need 290 HP?!! :rolleyes: Push just about ANY car to the limit on the streets and you'll end up in jail.

steveny said:
For those times when two lanes merge into one and you don't want to be stuck behind traffic.

Or when your one eyed willy is feeling especially small. :smile:

steveny said:
Well you can have your own reasons. Me I drive a chevette, no worries.

haha! :biggrin: Well, I wasn't referring to me, but I guess I walked into that one. :smile:

This car is going to be the best track car for the next 5 years, also the aftermarket support is going to be huge. I may get one because of the power and support. Keep your 10 year old NSX and keep telling yourself how good it is when I fly past you on the track.

White92 said:
Or when your one eyed willy is feeling especially small. :smile:

Ryanmcd2 said:
This car is going to be the best track car for the next 5 years, also the aftermarket support is going to be huge. I may get one because of the power and support. Keep your 10 year old NSX and keep telling yourself how good it is when I fly past you on the track.

Probably because 5 years will be the lifespan of the car. And when the cheap plastic dash cracks, you can just go to the junkyard and pick up one from a Cavalier for cheap.

Ryanmcd2 said:

The track is not the street, If your concerned about track performance than go buy a 5 year old GTP car and go kick butt at the track, a friend of mine has a ferrari 333sp, that car would kick Z06 ass all day long at the track...but GM is selling 500hp cars to drive on the street to any yahoo that can get 60-70k financing...

Oh and miatas are cool! :wink:

Last edited:
Wow, so heated. I think that the Z06 is a pretty fierce car and looks pretty sharp. Do I like it or does it build the desire in me to own one? No, but that is just me. It does not bruise my NSX ego. If I really wanted a beast of a car that kicked ass on the track I would by a Noble. If you seriously try to tell me about how the Z06 is such a track beast and that it is better, go drive the noble and come back. This is an apples to oranges debate and is ego vs ego. Get over it. Now that I think of it, if you are so serious about going to the track, just import an Ariel Atom. Sheesh there are so many panties getting bunched up over the release of a new car. I am sure that GM's main pursuit in producing this car was to beat the NSX. :rolleyes:

haha could always go with a Can-Am with a 427 :biggrin:

Seems most folks can't get past the zo6's looks/interior,but praise the drivetrain,,so just petition superperformance or other boutique fabricater to put a nice cobra type roadster body on it :eek:

H-carWizKid said:
I believe the man said he was keeping his NSX, so he is going to have both...

If I were asked to choose, I would choose a used NSX all day, but it doesn't appear that Mofo has to choose- he has cake, and he will eat it too...

Philip

Werd

Back