• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The NSX and dating

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
I myself have a no-nsx on the first date policy as well... To be honest; I pulled more ass in my old JEEP wrangler that i paid $700 for, than any other car Ive ever owned-NSX included :wink:

I don't really understand why you guys are trashing this guy. Who cares how you meet a hot chick? It's all about closing the deal. A car might help get the "Hello" but if you can't talk the talk, you won't score anyway.

I personally wouldn't drive the NSX on a first date but I wouldn't kick a chick to the curb because she saw my car before me.

they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, thats why i look in the mirror every morning, and realize how fly i am. :biggrin:

the nsx can definately help you pull some tail. but it totally depends on your game also. we all have a certain degree of shallowness, i aint gonna lie. but i didnt buy the nsx for pullin tail, i guess it comes with the territory. i bought the nsx for personal and sentimental reasons. but now that i think of it,..i was pulling on hot model chicks in my early teenage years, in a 87' accord w/ homemade wooden sky racks :eek: imagine in an nsx..... its over...

but those days are over for me.,,i gotta smokin hot girl by my side, drivin a smokin hot car, and tackling anything that comes my way. but if my girl left me,... the nsx would definatly help me get back on my feet. i love this car :smile:

Mirroredshades said:
I don't really understand why you guys are trashing this guy. Who cares how you meet a hot chick? It's all about closing the deal. A car might help get the "Hello" but if you can't talk the talk, you won't score anyway.

I personally wouldn't drive the NSX on a first date but I wouldn't kick a chick to the curb because she saw my car before me.
This is starting to be taken way out of the context of the original post. Yeah, if a conversation starts because of your car then that's great. If a hot girl/woman likes you and is attracted to you because of your car then that's okay too - doesn't mean that she's a keeper. If you won't let a girl/woman ride in your hot car because she isn't hot enough and you're worried what other people may think if they see you with her... then that's not cool... that's called cruel... but I guess, for some of you, that's acceptable... which is fine by me if you feel that way... I don't and I'll disagree with it when I hear it... but I'm getting tired of preaching... it makes me sound pompous... which I'm not... the original post just bugs me.

oh...this kind of thinking is outdated now.
the modern women are not going to be attracted by what "expensive" car you are driving.
they get smarter now.
they judge men by how much the men are willing to spend on the women

If you are shallow enough to use a car to get a girl then the NSX is a poor choice. I suggest someting like this...

s_humorbug_4a9632a2a1.jpg
:biggrin:

johnsylora said:
The first day I had my NSX in Rancho Cucamonga, CA I went to a Wendy's at the 210 Freeway and Daycreek to get lunch. There was a young girl hottie about 17 yo who took my money at the first drive up window. She looked at the car and seemed disinterested. But when I said something about the change her face lit up. She ignored what I said and asked excitedly "Is this your car?!" I was very proud at that point and I said "Yep." Then she exclaimed very loudly "Man, you're ride is tight!!" I really felt good at that point. I said something to the effect, "Thanks, I just need a hottie like you in here." She just ignored that and asked, "How fast the does it go?" I said, "About 180 mph." Again I felt very proud and excited about my car. We said our goodbyes then I went to the second window for the food.

A second incident the same day was when I went to the Ontario Auto Plaza Nissan dealership to show a salesman the car I chose instead of the 350Z. When I pulled the NSX up there there was an attractive blond receptionist/sales girl looking directly at the car through the large windows. I hopped out of the car and into the showroom looking for my friend who wasn't there. The salesman I talked to asked about the NSX and a few moments later 6 Nissan salesmen followed me to the car to check it out including the girl! The girl came right next to me standing at the driver's side and talked excitedly about how her friend races Civics and that the NSX is their favorite car!! Again I really felt good and proud of my car!

When I was leaving the Ontario Auto Mall two young girls pulled right next to me at the stoplight. When they saw the NSX they did a double take. Then they started giggling and smiling. I could read the words coming from their mouths through my closed window. They were saying something along the lines of "Wow, that's a hot car!" Again I just smiled inside at all the curiosity and attention the car was generating.

After having the car for several months I really tried to pick up a girl with the NSX. I was eating at a restaurant in Arcadia with my friend when 3 attractive girls walked in. One was especially attractive!! The girls were seated right behind me in the next table. My friend and I wrote a note to the effect "We think you 3 girls are hot! Would you like to ride in a supercar! We could wait until you're done eating. My phone number is ... and email ... PS The supercar is a brand new Acura NSX!" We turned around and my friend gave the note to the one I was most attracted to. All 3 girls just gave us a surprised look when we tried to talk to them. They were courteous but they declined our invitation and pointed to the empty seats next to them awaiting more of their friends. We said "OK, then we left." We went to the NSX in the parking lot and drove by the restaurant but the girls appeared to be engaged in their conversation and didn't notice the car go by the window. We went to Old Town Pasadena for another small snack and drink and drove around a bit. An hour later we returned to the Arcadia restaurant to bring my friend back to his car. I asked my friend if he thought the girls were still there and he said, "No way, it's already been an hour." So I dropped him off and drove into the U shaped parking lot to exit. When I turned the corner I couldn't believe it the 3 girls were there talking with their 2 male friends on the sidewalk! The attractive girl we gave the note to had her back to the driveway. But one of her male friends immediately pointed to the NSX when he saw it then all 5 of them were looking directly at the car and me! I waved to the girl through the low windshield and she had a look of complete disbelief and embarassment. She quickly turned around and put her 2 hands around the sides of her eyes shielding herself from viewing the car! All the rest of the group burst out in laughter. I was a bit embarassed so I stopped waving and just let it pass. It just so happens a small traffic jam developed in the small parking lot. So I was awkwardly stuck there looking at the girl's back and her friends for several minutes. Finally, the traffic jam cleared and I slowly moved out of the parking lot. When my rear was finally to the group I looked in the rear view mirror so see all of them including the attractive girl were staring at the NSX leaving the parking lot! Somehow I just smiled inside because it was fun, and I felt in the end they really admired the car! Of course, I never got a call or email. But that's OK. I'm still having fun with my NSX.

Ok, I was just going to enjoy this thread on my own without comment, but this reply was so funny and patheric that I just couldn't resist. I hate to break it to you dude, but your NSX doesn't do 180mph. I could just picture this guy writing this thread as he was beatboxing ta mayk shure da flo wuz jus rite :biggrin: :biggrin: .

MiamiMermaid said:
LMBO !*~*~

But in all seriousness, I've found it a bit more difficult as many men seem to be intimidated or by thinking I'm as shallow and snotty as this thread :tongue: :wink: :biggrin:

p.s. It's wonderful to see that the majority of the men on this board show character and maturity. Mike sans, good luck digging up your gold! :tongue:

BLING !!! BLING!!!!!!!!!!

redshift said:
I think that it was the way that he said it that makes it bad. Some guys might get better looking women because of their cars as a nice vehicle portrays success. To say that a woman has to be at a certain level to win access to sit in the passenger seat is just pathetic. I've dated girls/women that society would rate a 9-10... I let them in my car. I also have friends [that are girls] that society would probably rate a 4-5... I let them in my car. I have no problems either way and I don't care if somebody mistakes the less attractive girl for my girlfriend. Just put yourself in that less attractive girl's shoes and see how that makes you feel.

I'm insecure, but you're the one that needed to emphazise that the 4-5's are "just friends"!!! What kept them from becoming more than friends huh ???

Yellow Rose said:
You are an immature snob. :mad: If I were a woman, knew your attitude about this and you invited me to sit in your NSX, I would gladly poot and pee in the passenger seat. The former will catch you off guard while the latter seeps through the leather seam of the seat to the carpet below. Enjoy, you shallow person, enjoy.

So if you drove a rusty truck, you would lower your standards? :rolleyes:

Nnnnnnnnn.......................Yes

MiamiMermaid said:

p.s. I guess I shouldn't let my grandma ride in the car with me. Gosh, what would people think ?? lol :tongue:

I'm telling your grandma you said she is fat and ugly and would look bad in your NSX! Sheesh mermaid I didn't realize you were so shallow! :tongue: :biggrin: :tongue:

johnsylora said:
The first day I had my NSX in Rancho Cucamonga, CA I went to a Wendy's at the 210 Freeway and Daycreek to get lunch. There was a young girl hottie about 17 yo who took my money at the first drive up window. She looked at the car and seemed disinterested. But when I said something about the change her face lit up. She ignored what I said and asked excitedly "Is this your car?!" I was very proud at that point and I said "Yep." Then she exclaimed very loudly "Man, you're ride is tight!!" I really felt good at that point. I said something to the effect, "Thanks, I just need a hottie like you in here." She just ignored that and asked, "How fast the does it go?" I said, "About 180 mph." Again I felt very proud and excited about my car. We said our goodbyes then I went to the second window for the food.

A second incident the same day was when I went to the Ontario Auto Plaza Nissan dealership to show a salesman the car I chose instead of the 350Z. When I pulled the NSX up there there was an attractive blond receptionist/sales girl looking directly at the car through the large windows. I hopped out of the car and into the showroom looking for my friend who wasn't there. The salesman I talked to asked about the NSX and a few moments later 6 Nissan salesmen followed me to the car to check it out including the girl! The girl came right next to me standing at the driver's side and talked excitedly about how her friend races Civics and that the NSX is their favorite car!! Again I really felt good and proud of my car!

When I was leaving the Ontario Auto Mall two young girls pulled right next to me at the stoplight. When they saw the NSX they did a double take. Then they started giggling and smiling. I could read the words coming from their mouths through my closed window. They were saying something along the lines of "Wow, that's a hot car!" Again I just smiled inside at all the curiosity and attention the car was generating.

After having the car for several months I really tried to pick up a girl with the NSX. I was eating at a restaurant in Arcadia with my friend when 3 attractive girls walked in. One was especially attractive!! The girls were seated right behind me in the next table. My friend and I wrote a note to the effect "We think you 3 girls are hot! Would you like to ride in a supercar! We could wait until you're done eating. My phone number is ... and email ... PS The supercar is a brand new Acura NSX!" We turned around and my friend gave the note to the one I was most attracted to. All 3 girls just gave us a surprised look when we tried to talk to them. They were courteous but they declined our invitation and pointed to the empty seats next to them awaiting more of their friends. We said "OK, then we left." We went to the NSX in the parking lot and drove by the restaurant but the girls appeared to be engaged in their conversation and didn't notice the car go by the window. We went to Old Town Pasadena for another small snack and drink and drove around a bit. An hour later we returned to the Arcadia restaurant to bring my friend back to his car. I asked my friend if he thought the girls were still there and he said, "No way, it's already been an hour." So I dropped him off and drove into the U shaped parking lot to exit. When I turned the corner I couldn't believe it the 3 girls were there talking with their 2 male friends on the sidewalk! The attractive girl we gave the note to had her back to the driveway. But one of her male friends immediately pointed to the NSX when he saw it then all 5 of them were looking directly at the car and me! I waved to the girl through the low windshield and she had a look of complete disbelief and embarassment. She quickly turned around and put her 2 hands around the sides of her eyes shielding herself from viewing the car! All the rest of the group burst out in laughter. I was a bit embarassed so I stopped waving and just let it pass. It just so happens a small traffic jam developed in the small parking lot. So I was awkwardly stuck there looking at the girl's back and her friends for several minutes. Finally, the traffic jam cleared and I slowly moved out of the parking lot. When my rear was finally to the group I looked in the rear view mirror so see all of them including the attractive girl were staring at the NSX leaving the parking lot! Somehow I just smiled inside because it was fun, and I felt in the end they really admired the car! Of course, I never got a call or email. But that's OK. I'm still having fun with my NSX.

dude that sh!t is shallow and lame as hell.
you need to spend more time worrying about driving your car than watching everyones reactions around it!
I never look at people when Im at a stop light, thats just arrogant as hell to try and look at people gauking at your car, especially to be able to read their lips.
And trying to pick up chicks with a "super car" is just pathetic. BTW the NSX is no supercar, its an exoctic

johnsylora said:

you should seriously try borrowing a friend's 80's civic and learn some game player :biggrin: j/k

nuccaJB said:
I'm telling your grandma you said she is fat and ugly and would look bad in your NSX!
My grandma is beautiful but she's no young hottie trottie. I personally thinks she adds EXTREME VALUE to my car. But, geesh, what would others think? Is that all she could get , someone 4 times her age? LOL, I could give a rat's bootie what others think of the passenger in my car. I'm the one driving and smiling :biggrin:

Very interesting thread.

I purchased my used NSX because I wanted to enjoy driving a fast car...at the limit (at the track)...by myself.

I gave absolutely no thought to what members of either sex would think about the car. Hind sight being what it is...I wish that I had.

I've spent more time than I care to remember dodging testosterone poisoned males while I'm driving the car...and sometimes while it is parked!

I haven't noticed any ladies giving the car the once over...or me because I'm in it...because I'm having too much fun...driving the car! :wink:

I still think some of you are more into attacking than trying to "read between the lines" of my post. Look, my feelings about all this were not preplaned. I always liked NSX's and I was always on the lookout for one to buy, but my thinking was not "I gotta get one ASAP in order to increase my confidence". I found mine and it was such a great deal, I couldn't pass it up. Almost immediatley, I noticed the car's effect on women. They all loved it. I've worked hard all my life, but I went through a divorce that made me nickel and dime it for a few years. After I got the car, I said F#@k it !!! I'm going to start treating myself better in other areas as well, hence the higher standards in the women I'll date. I could be Brad Pitt, but if I ask out a woman out to have a meal w/ me or something like that, and then show up in a piece of junk rust bucket, I'll feel like S%$t and she will probably be angry that she spent so much time getting ready ( hair, makeup, clothes ) just to be seen getting out of a jalopy in front of the restaurant. Like it or not, a car is part of the total visual package we present to the world. Why do you think people rent Limos for weddings and proms ? Go ahead and call me insecure and shallow, but at least I had the confidence to share my true feelings on this board , instead of the self rightous B.S. aimed in my direction. It's real easy to say the right things just because they're what society says is right, but I just get a feeling that a lot of you think the same way I do, you'll just never admit it. P.S. Mermaid-you seem like a nice person, but your cheerleader on the sidelines act is starting to get old....

Mike-san said:
I still think some of you are more into attacking than trying to "read between the lines" of my post. Look, my feelings about all this were not preplaned. I always liked NSX's and I was always on the lookout for one to buy, but my thinking was not "I gotta get one ASAP in order to increase my confidence". I found mine and it was such a great deal, I couldn't pass it up. Almost immediatley, I noticed the car's effect on women. They all loved it. I've worked hard all my life, but I went through a divorce that made me nickel and dime it for a few years. After I got the car, I said F#@k it !!! I'm going to start treating myself better in other areas as well, hence the higher standards in the women I'll date. I could be Brad Pitt, but if I ask out a woman out to have a meal w/ me or something like that, and then show up in a piece of junk rust bucket, I'll feel like S%$t and she will probably be angry that she spent so much time getting ready ( hair, makeup, clothes ) just to be seen getting out of a jalopy in front of the restaurant. Like it or not, a car is part of the total visual package we present to the world. Why do you think people rent Limos for weddings and proms ? Go ahead and call me insecure and shallow, but at least I had the confidence to share my true feelings on this board , instead of the self rightous B.S. aimed in my direction. It's real easy to say the right things just because they're what society says is right, but I just get a feeling that a lot of you think the same way I do, you'll just never admit it. P.S. Mermaid-you seem like a nice person, but your cheerleader on the sidelines act is starting to get old....

Your opinion of me means about as much as how others' view the passengers in my car so......... just for you :::

!!! RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH !!!

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

MiamiMermaid said:

Your opinion of me means about as much as how others' view the passengers in my car so......... just for you :::

!!! RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH !!!

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Did I tell you I drive an NSX ?

Mike-san said:
In the spirit of several threads in the OFF Topic forum, I would like to start a serious discussion regarding the NSX's effect on the opposite sex. Have any of you experienced a significant difference regarding the attention you receive as a result of your car ( as in sex life before/after NSX ) ? In my case, the NSX has elevated my standards to where a woman has to have a certain degree of hotness in order to grace the passenger seat of such a wonderful car. I realize that this attitude is somewhat childish, but I'm trying to sincerely share my feelings w/ you all.

Well....I can honestly say that the amount of 'pimp game' that I am lacking is so huge that nothing short of a McLaren F1 or Ferrari F40 could help my ability to attract the opposite sex. :D

Drive it Like You Mean IT

Mike-san said:
Did I tell you I drive an NSX ?

.....and? ..... So do I !

We're both VERY VERY Lucky People *~

Now, quit worrying about what others think, and go drive and enjoy !!!!
:biggrin:

I don't drive it, I just trailer it to the front of nightclubs where I proceed to stand in front of it wearing a sign saying that I own it !!!

Mike-san said:
I'm insecure, but you're the one that needed to emphazise that the 4-5's are "just friends"!!! What kept them from becoming more than friends huh ???
I'm not even going to take the time to follow this up with an intelligent response. Just know that we all have certain standards of physical attraction... my confidence and self assurance were never bolstered by a car. I never required any person to be at a certain level of "hotness" be seen with me (in my car or otherwise).

redshift said:
When did anybody ever say that they didn't get an ego boost out of driving the car. I'm not pretending like I bought my car JUST for pure driving enjoyment... I like hot cars and I've always liked the NSX. Maybe some people get an ego boost out of it and maybe some don't, but the "ripping on you" was largely due to your comment: "In my case, the NSX has elevated my standards to where a woman has to have a certain degree of hotness in order to grace the passenger seat..."
You were saying.....

redshift said:
So what if it was on your own admission? BTK admitted to being a bad guy... does that make him good because he was honest about it? Okay, that's VERY extreme, but just because you know you're being childish doesn't mean that you are not childish.

Yes, I definitely still would. Like I said, just because he knows that he's being an idiot does not excuse it. He wouldn't be my friend if he didn't "share how he feels."

Hey man, I'm nowhere near perfect either. It is my sense that you are insecure because you are now more confident, and thus have greater self worth, with a nicer car. If your confidence is swayed by material possessions or what others perceive your material wealth to be, I would say that you are insecure. While you were mature enough to recognize and admit to your own childishness, you still made immature comments.

I really do apologize for the emotional response. I shouldn't have been so aggressive... I really don't think that poorly of you. Like I alluded to, any one of my buddies could have said something like that and it would have pissed me off, but I'd still go on being friends with them. It's just a debate, albeit a heated one.

Understood, but whether you do or do not date "mediocre" should not hinge on the vehicle you drive.

Agreed, Mike does have a very good sense of humor. :smile:
Look at things this way. I think that everyone's confidence varies depending on the situation. We don't go out clubbing w/ morning breath and homeless clothes. We want to look our best in order to increase our confidence in presenting ourselves to the opposite sex. If your buddies kidnapped you in the morning and put you in a social situation, you would probably shrink due to the fact that you felt self concious about your smell and appearence. So, everyone's confidence varies depending on the situation. I had confidence before, but the car increased it. No lie. It adds to the image I present. It's not everything of course, but it IS something. The responses made me sound like a kid who has just put on a cowboy suit. That's unfair. I do have new standards, but they basically just apply to the potential women who may or may not date me. I'm a nice person...really. Redshift, I'm tired of fighting. On paper, I'm wrong and your'e right regarding a car determining a person's worth. I'm just defending myself against accousations that I'm totally immature and shallow and insecure in ALL areas of my life.

I'm leaving my computer now w/ this final item for today...The ironic thing is that the first female in my passenger seat was my 73 year old Godmother :smile:

Back