• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The NSX Regret thread

The 996 is the just awful...sorry.

Cam,

I think your nuts :tongue: I'm in LOVE with the 996! I love the looks (obviously) and the drive of a 996 is amazing. Hands down, other than an NSX it is possibly the best driving car.

Well you can't put a gt2 next to a base 996 to compare the overall look of the car. But damn the early 996 headlights was uglier than I remembered.

after 15 years of owning my 93 I have one major regret. I wish I had not got the Berlina Black.......

maybe one other minor regret......cheaping out on some of the C/F goodies......just buy the good stuff right off.....

Sorry folks, gotta disagree. IMHO, the 996 looks very dated. Call me crazy, but the 996 headlight design ruined the front end of the 911. A design can either be timeless or dated- the nsx falls into the former, whereas the 996 falls into the latter. Porsche made a wise decision bringing back the OG timeless/classic headlight design in the 997.

This

Well you can't put a gt2 next to a base 996 to compare the overall look of the car. But damn the early 996 headlights was uglier than I remembered.

well i mean the headlight shape really. I had an 02 turbo, 01 carrera 2 and a 95 Carrera 2... the lights of the 02+ really do make the car look A LOT newer. As for driving experience, you cant beat a 993. But, lets face it...the 996 is a better car in every aspect...

now back to the original topic... i also regret cheaping out on tires sometimes..

I regret getting the NSX because i can't stop myself from spending all my money modding it. I keep saying, "I'll just do this and I'll stop..." and a week later I get something else. Right now I am saying to myself once I get my wheels on and lower it, I'll be good for a while, but I also have a shopping cart full of stuff on SoS just waiting for me to check out.

Great thread:

I regret
-not driving the nsx as much as i should

-not doing my research on the different types of nsx-r spoilers available (purchased 3 different spoilers)

-not installing my aftermarket parts because it does enhance the performance of the nsx

As for the 996, the TT is a bad @ss ride. May not feel as exotic, but the performance is incredible and the looks are very modern as compared to the 91-01 NSX which seem dated to me both inside & out. I get a few more looks in the NSX, but everyone knows what a Porsche is all about.

I regret getting the NSX because i can't stop myself from spending all my money modding it. I keep saying, "I'll just do this and I'll stop..." and a week later I get something else. Right now I am saying to myself once I get my wheels on and lower it, I'll be good for a while, but I also have a shopping cart full of stuff on SoS just waiting for me to check out.

+1

I regret spending all my money on mods. The car is already great stock. My wish list of parts is 100+ and growing.

Oh well. :redface:

+1

I regret spending all my money on mods. The car is already great stock. My wish list of parts is 100+ and growing.

Oh well. :redface:

the car is better when well modded though. :smile:

my gripe isn't with the mods, but the loss of money. :biggrin:

I regret not throwing a fit to get Honda to send over the NSX-R. Either NA1 or NA2. Furthermore, I kinda regret not absolutely hammering an R around Suzuka when I had the chance. :(

Both are excellent drivers.

Great thread:

I regret
-not driving the nsx as much as i should

-not doing my research on the different types of nsx-r spoilers available (purchased 3 different spoilers)

-not installing my aftermarket parts because it does enhance the performance of the nsx

As for the 996, the TT is a bad @ss ride. May not feel as exotic, but the performance is incredible and the looks are very modern as compared to the 91-01 NSX which seem dated to me both inside & out. I get a few more looks in the NSX, but everyone knows what a Porsche is all about.

You are a brave man to pack things around your cars like that. Funny but we get more looks in the Porsche than in the NSX. Young males check out the NSX but everyone looks over te Porsche. Only issue with the Porsche, change out the orange bulbs in the headlights to silvered bulbs. I guess the NSX would be the ultimate Cougar car.:biggrin:

In reference to the 993 vs 996 vs 997 styling-wise, yeah the 996 front headlights may look dated, but Porsche had to do something. It was the first foray out of their traditional styling ( 993 is a gorgeous car, but mostly bodywork modified from earlier 911s and you can tell ) and the first water-cooled 911.

Porsche was working themselves into a styling corner, and still are honestly. As a car of many firsts for Porsche, I think the 996 is a great car and a great bargain today aside from the RMS issues of which the 996TT isn't subject.

I still very much prefer the NSX's hideaway headlamps, even if they are a hallmark of the 90s. They preserve the hoodline while retracted, and they look like they "fit" when extended. Handsome. You can also turn on the parking lights/ hazards without extending them.

I'm regretting not making this thread earlier... LOL... 5 pages already. All interesting stories.

I'm not even sure what I "regret" -- but have this odd feeling that I want a late model NSX -- even though I have a perfect model 91 with 54k miles on her - and I only put about 2k miles on her per year. And yet I think (again, for some unkonwn reason) I want to replace her with a later model NSX. What the hell is wrong with me??? :eek: Its all good though ! :smile: Jay

I'm regretting not making this thread earlier... LOL... 5 pages already. All interesting stories.

I regret not realizing the comic talent on this forum and creating this thread in the firat place.

As a matter of fact I regret not creating prime.

I regret that OyATL modified (had to?) his avatar. I looked forward to his posts just so I could spend a few moments admiring the fit of that shirt!!

Peter

i regret reading page 5 of this thread... it's all about 911s...

Well, people prefer their 911's and they are fine cars... personally I prefer a Ferrari to a Porsche, but I do not regret getting an NSX over one.

Lesson learned rather than regret, sending my car out to shops I ended up doing work myself I paid shops to do, while away. Money waisted!!! Regret was putting the car through the turmoil. She is on par now. THANK GOD!!!

Dealing with the same Prime member that Synergy dealt with, among others. It amazes me how many people in this industry are simply out to steal your $$$.

My only regret is buying a 996TT while still owning my NSX. Now my NSX rarely gets driven because it feels dated compared to a newer Porsche. Damm you Porsche...Why do you have to make such a fast car straight out of the box.

But Rob, your NSX is so much COOLER than the Porsche. :D

Back