• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2019 F1 Thread

Word is that Toto wont let go of him only unless he has a super spot somewhere else.

Ocon was promissed a cockpit for 2020. For a Merc? For a car with a Merc engine?

toto has an ocon problem.......botas would have some options....kimi is still having fun at a lower tier team...

The boys are back this weekend, so let's see where the top teams will place.
Merc, as in the past few years, have always come back after the Summer break very strong. The next two tacks are high power tracks, I expect that Ferrari to do very well, at Monza for sure, and perhaps Spa. Red Bull...let's see what Honda have up their sleeves. Reports are that they will bring a SS to their home race.

Thoughts?

Bram

I didn't hear any news about Honda bringing a new specs engine to Spa. Maybe Monza and maybe another specs later this year (Suzuka special).

I understand why the move was made.
I understand they’re going to be pining for the old days when Mario crashes. Ka-Ching.
What I don’t understand is: What-da-hell is a “Scatching” explanation??????

I'm guessing it should read "scathing"...

Albon has had a great start this season, he must be feeling even better now! Gasly in comparison, just gastly.

Last edited:
News: Albon and Kwjat get the spec 4 engine from Honda in Spa, Verstappen and Gasly (now Toro Rosso) in Monza. Spa is a good track to compare the old to the new one.

Bottas 2020 at Merc confirmed. Ocon no cockpit so far.

Last edited:
News: Albon and Kwjat get the spec 4 engine from Honda in Spa, Verstappen and Gasly (now Toro Rosso) in Monza. Spa is a good track to compare the old to the new one.

Bottas 2020 at Merc confirmed. Ocon no cockpit so far.
Albon now riding shotgun with MAX

Sent from Samsung Note8

Hulk to Alfa, replacing Guitierrez?
Hülk more likely to Haas, replacing Grosjean. He would be driving with his beloved Magnussen though. :)

Honda changing engines, Merc too (without penalty), Renault too (with penalty).

Last edited:
Hülk more likely to Haas, replacing Grosjean. He would be driving with his beloved Magnussen though. :)

Honda changing engines, Merc too (without penalty), Renault too (with penalty).

Hulk threw away his best podium option last time out ... hope he finds a seat ... he seems very relaxed as if already has a contract in place and given Renault is not where it was targeting maybe he’s done what he can with what they can offer him ... Haas seems logical, but how about replacing Robert at Williams? Young George is quick and similar build to Nico so they could help each other, Williams could design more efficiently and who doesn’t want to see a resurgent Williams team ...

If there’s to be a change at Alfa I would suspect Ericsson has first option ...

Sounds like Honda are really pushing development and Spec5 seems confirmed for Suzuka

Last edited:
Kubica wont be replaced, even though he should be, due to the sponsorship money he brings with him.
Why? He's not the fastest driver as he's still a little bit handicapped I believe. But I like his funny answers in the (rare) interviews.

F2-driver Anthoine Hubert died after a horrific crash in the notorious eau rouge in the Spa today. No infos on Juan Manuel Correa yet, the other of the two drivers involved.
R.I.P.

So sad, Anthoine Hubert was so talented and had it all to have a great career. F4 champion, reigning F3 champion and has already won 2 races, Monaco and Paul Ricard, in his F2 Rookie season.
R.I.P Anthoine

Back