• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2019 F1 Thread

All 4 RedBull cars (RD and TR) will use Spec 4 engines at Monza
In the race? Not sure about that as it would make more sense in the following races.

Good news is that it could be raining during the race. At least there's plenty on rain to be expected from Saturday to Sunday.

IMO qualifying has become a mess of a circus, with drafting, traffic, drs etc. They should rethink the setup perhaps some of what we did many years ago in my formula days. Send one driver out (soft tires, just enough fuel) for a warmup lap followed by a single qualifying lap. Send driver2 out as soon as driver1 passes the start line on his hot lap.
3 total FP sessions for the weekend before a single Quali session. With about 20 cars it may take a little over an hour but it will be fair and exciting. The order for going out would be the reverse of the previous race’s finish order.

The conditions are not constant during the qualifying sessions.

AFAIK nobody got a penalty. The Renault, McLaren and Force India should be placed to the end of the grid. Two of them were driving side by side, nobody could overtake. Wolff called the 'completely idiots', that's what they are.

lucky the stewards found that Vettel didn't completely leave the track limits on the final corner of his only Q3 run, when he ran wide with all 4 wheels over the white line......

and Bottas having his time deleted and reinstated after going over the line after Icemans red flag incident.....

hmmmmmm

Great to see a sea of red at the winner's circle.

Leclerc raced well, with his elbows out and nearly perfect. The Ferrari's were fast.

A shame for Vettel. The last couple of seasons he has been terrible after the summer break. This year continues the string.

lucky the stewards found that Vettel didn't completely leave the track limits on the final corner of his only Q3 run, when he ran wide with all 4 wheels over the white line......

and Bottas having his time deleted and reinstated after going over the line after Icemans red flag incident.....

hmmmmmm

Vettel was definitely guilty, until you read the rules which only mention the wheel, not the tyre... !!!

Bottas was reinstated because he didn't pass a lit red flag indicator (ignoring the one on the start/finish line) before finishing the lap - the others did.

Yeah, it looks like Sab is checked out from F1.

Love that Charles won the Big race for Ferrari.....a bit of nasty driving, but he got the job done

Bram

Agree, but

cue more nasty driving and possible accidents in the coming weeks - the black and white flag is no punishment at all for breaking the rules and preventing your opponent from mounting possibly their only chance for an opportunity to overtake.

Even if Lewis had managed to overtake, he would have been re-passed by Leclerc soon after - he was on the wrong rubber - as borne out by Hamilton failing to get close enough even when he had DRS and the Ferrari didn't.

Yeah, it looks like Sab is checked out from F1.

Love that Charles won the Big race for Ferrari.....a bit of nasty driving, but he got the job done

Bram

Yes. Leclerc raced really hard.

I struggle with the rules, and the sometimes uneven enforcement.

I think about Verstappen and Raikonen at Spa last week. Verstappen said Raikonen didn't give him room, but he wasn't completely along side and couldn't see him, right? As a viewer from outside the car, we see things from a different perspective.

I'm not saying anybody is right or wrong. Like instant replay in the NFL, sometimes all the angles just muddy the rules.

I wonder if max looks at leclerc wondering what he could do in a red car...

What a boring race, kind of a bustour at the front row. More action in the middlefield but not enough to compensate. I hope next race will be better.

Back