• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2019 F1 Thread

Same here. Their understatement regarding their race speed and how others are said to be faster in race trim is disturbing/annoying

The Merc Strategy Guys are probably some of the smartest people on the Grid, they know when to push their cars to get the best out of the package for any given race, and thereby not putting undue stress on the power unit. Ask yourself, when was the last time a Merc car or power uint failed?

They are always, thinking and use this to win races.....Lewis is particularly good at this, he would always only put enough space ie 1.5 seconds to the car behind him......all he has to do is win, as points win championships.

Bram

Bram

The news is that Vettel had to safe fuel and had the Merc to let go.
The other news is that Verstappen couldn't warm up his tires after VSC and had Vettel to let go.

Racing dediced a fuel limit and the tires. Boring.

The race (overall) was better than recent. Thankfully nobody crashed so no safety car.

The Ferrari debacle continues. So much for the new guy (Mattia) being a genius technical director. Granted, he is new, but the team doesn't seem to be getting better.

I wonder if FCA could lure 1) Jean Todt out of "retirement" or 2) Toto Wolfe from Merc?

who was the older dude hanging with toto in the garage?

what happened to Lauda?

wow.....:eek:

so I took a look at some reporting of his surgery...sounds like he got a bad pneumonia or had a mass in the lung...most every older person in this country would either get better with medical therapy or die...as many do from complications from copd/emphysema and pneumonia.....but he having means and being in Europe got a lung transplant...amazing they found a match....so quick...

so I took a look at some reporting of his surgery...sounds like he got a bad pneumonia or had a mass in the lung...most every older person in this country would either get better with medical therapy or die...as many do from complications from copd/emphysema and pneumonia.....but he having means and being in Europe got a lung transplant...amazing they found a match....so quick...

I would think his lungs were damaged in the fire.

yes but that was so many years ago...his lungs would have chronic disease..so less likely to heal well after infection...my point is he got what very few would get esp in the US.

The tires are difficult to understand and get them working. They have too much influence, it's tire tech, not racing. Merc profitted years ago from a batch with thinner tire walls n some races. Back then, the thicker ones were overheating on the Merc while they worked for many other teams. This season Merc is fine with the thinner tires and the rest of the field tries to find out who to get them working. It's not only Ferrari, all other teams do. Haas esp. So I'd call this season the boring 'Merc favored by the tires season'.

Mercedes F1 is one of the best ryn racing shops ever. If you remember their woes from 2010-13, then you understand how much they have improved. People keep saying they sand bag testing, but they also brought 2 different cars from week 1 to week 2. Bottas just maybe the 2019 World Champion. MBAMGF1.

Back