• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2020 F1 Thread

Formula1.com is still down! But as BBoxer said, the app still works. I’ve been enjoying the “replay” races for years ago. The 97 European GP brought back faded memories of Schumacher. He, like Senna was willing to use the car as a weapon. Watching the 80 something GP where Nigel Mansel just needed to finish the race reminded me that nobody gave more effort than Red 5!

A shame that he is leaving the team. Sadly Ferrari doesn’t have a clue most of the time. Without the Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Micheal Schumacher years, the team has been underachieving for the last 40 years. In my opinion what made Schumacher so successful was having a team all going in the same direction. Alonso ran into the same chaos as Vettel; woulda, coulda, shoulda.
His 4 WCs were in part his ability, part Red Bull.
Whatever happens this season, if there is a WC, Ferrari will move on, LeClerc will be the lead next season and then after a few years move on.

But I’m not bitter!

Today is the 70th anniversary of F1

The first race was held at Silverstone and was won by Giuseppe Farina driving an Alfa Romeo.

H-

wife and kids don't make driving on the edge in F1 responsible....GF"s are very much encouraged....

Will the season start in July? F1 has been very quiet lately.
NASCAR is racing close to home base, and I believe Indy car will try to get underway in June! As F1 is much more international, it is more complex, but would be nice to see the cars run.

Gotta be brutal for a company like Williams that doesn’t have a product other than its race car. At least Gene Haas has a corporation behind his effort. Thinking about it, even the Red Bull team(s) don’t have any other product to help offset the rolling billboards. If only Claire Williams was a few years younger (and single), Racing point could marry off Lance Stroll to Claire and an old fashioned business / family merger would create Racing Williams, or Williams Point!

Nice link, Roman!

Gotta be brutal for a company like Williams that doesn’t have a product other than its race car. At least Gene Haas has a corporation behind his effort. Thinking about it, even the Red Bull team(s) don’t have any other product to help offset the rolling billboards. If only Claire Williams was a few years younger (and single), Racing point could marry off Lance Stroll to Claire and an old fashioned business / family merger would create Racing Williams, or Williams Point!
Hahaha.

Vettel to ?.
Sainz to Ferrari.
Ricciardo to McLaren.

Silly season in more ways than one.

I sort of wish Sainz was staying with McLaren, I feel like they had something really good going with Sainz and Norris and the progress they had been making.
But I understand the draw of racing in Red (and McLaren probably favors Norris as their future), but hopefully that doesn't bite him in the butt.

Ricciardo at McLaren with Norris is definitely gonna produce entertainment, at least.

Lots of happenings in the world of F1 right now.
Rumors of Toto's retirement and/or Mercedes leaving F1.
New budget capt and sliding scale aero development.
F1 is rather dynamic/turbulent at the moment.

More on Williams -> https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...ck-financial-news.3jtmzE7GixI3a1DGwiwv3I.html "They had also sold a majority stake in their profitable Williams Advanced Engineering business. This has helped free funds and shore up their status this season, with Deputy Team Principal Claire Williams confirming the team are fully funded “throughout the remainder of this year to continue racing as and when we can go back to the circuit”."

1ts race of the season, plus no fans and mask. The results aren't that surprising. Looks like Vettle's F1 days are numbered. It didn't seem Hamilton tried to tangle with Albon, that's racing.

Back