• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2020 F1 Thread

What a wierd race!!!

H-

Yeah I second that, weird race indeed....Racing incident between Hamilton and Albion. Amazing. 11 cars out of the race

Next week, another change for action.

Bram

I actually liked the race. Looks like Leclerc has psyched out Seb for good. I thought Lewis had a couple of opportunities to take Bottas but did not....The young guns should really entertain us this year.

Hamilton looked faster than Bottas but I think the 'damage' to the cars was a smokescreen, I got the impression that was a covert way to get Hamilton to hold position. It would have been better to let Hamilton pass and gain the extra time to allow them a 1 2 finish after Hamilton hit Albon (shame). It was Albons race if he did not get tagged.
Really nice to see the young talent of Albon, Russel, Leclerc and Norris coming through.

Alonso in Renault for 2021.

This should be good! It is a shame Ferrari hosed him with poor strategy despite a good car at the start, followed by diminishing returns as the car became less and less competitive. Then the fiasco with McLaren / Honda; a disaster from the start.

One thing about him that makes him one of the best, he rarely, if ever made a mistake inside the car while driving at the limit. Better than Hamilton, and certainly Vettel in this modern age. I remember seeing him hold Schumacher at bay lap after lap driving perfectly in a slower, but competitive car.

Bottas+new GF=win!........I thought letting Hamo get ahead of Bottas at the end to gap Norris would have had to happen as soon as they got the penalty..but not going in for new tires on the last safety car probably limited hammer time...Not the best track for exciting racing being such a quick lap...

Alonso, sell by date was about 5 years ago......alway complaining about something and blaming the team or the car

He will be in the mid pack with Renault next year

Bram

Lewis is something special in the wet. If Bottas thinks he can beat him, then he better match him in the wet. Sunday race looks dry at the moment, so Max will give Lewis a challenge.

Gets worse for Ferrari. I’m not sure they are better than Williams at the moment. The power unit is the least of all brands; the rules clarification on fuel flow last year really seemed to kill its output, and perhaps everybody else moved forward.

Gets worse for Ferrari. I’m not sure they are better than Williams at the moment. The power unit is the least of all brands; the rules clarification on fuel flow last year really seemed to kill its output, and perhaps everybody else moved forward.

Sadly better for them that thay finished race in first lap.

Merc is way ahead of rest.

Some rumours say that Checo next year to Alfa Romeo (Sauber) again. Pure speculation.

If there are no major issues Mercedes and Lewis will win another title. motoGP may have a new champion this year since Marc Marquez seems to have broken an arm in a huge crash today.

Humbling for Max he exceeded the limits on cold tires...but very impressive suspension swap on the grid....kudos for his mechanics...did anyone notice that F1 is still herding cats when it comes to a unified message on BLM and their drivers....

Pretty hard to believe someone who lives in Monaco or Switzerland and flying 1st class or driving an luxury car or whatever has to take a social issue stand before a F1 race. Someone has helped each driver to achieve a F1 seat and in some cases those drivers really didn't have the skills to drive.

<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman",serif; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Malgun Gothic"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}</style> <style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman",serif; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Malgun Gothic"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}</style> <style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman",serif; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Malgun Gothic"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}</style>

Back