• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The PERFECT NSX Dash setup, who's got it?

Here's a couple pics of it in the day and night. The day pic shows my front/back recorder plus backup that I'm using in the rear view mirror. Still much more work to go before I'll be happy with everything.

20181113_161345.jpg20181113_173609.jpg

[MENTION=22736]JRZ[/MENTION]

That's pretty cool.

I've been looking for a nice rearview mirror with camera integration and parking protection to replace my old cloudy OEM mirror. What kind do you have please, or what would you recommend? Thanks.

Here's a couple pics of it in the day and night. The day pic shows my front/back recorder plus backup that I'm using in the rear view mirror. Still much more work to go before I'll be happy with everything.

View attachment 157088View attachment 157089

Which Navigation unit is that?

Also do you have the part number for that NavPod with the Honda Navigation lettering? What else would I need to install a screen like you have?

Last edited:
The camera recorder selection is plentiful now. They range from $30 -$200+. Once in a while you'll get a bad one as you know where they're made. The more important thing is the SD card you use. After having issues and doing research, you will have the least problems if you buy a Transcend brand high quality card. They are best for the constant writing over old recordings. They will all wear out but, seems that brand hold up the best. My camera cost about $70.

The GPS is just an 7" Garmin unit glued to the back of the Nav pod and the mounting bracket you can get from SOS. My android unit has an offline GPS built in as well.

[MENTION=22736]JRZ[/MENTION], Can your garmin unit be used for backup camera.

Im looking for a solution where the backup camera turns on as soon as the car is put into reverse

Yes, the Garmin has an option for backup camera if you buy the one with it. I could have hooked up backup to all three units that is installed but, decided on the rear view mirror because of the minimal boot up time. I'd say the Android takes about 15-25 seconds, the Garmin about 10 seconds, and the rear view mirror takes about 3-5 seconds. If you don't mind waiting on the initial boot up time, the other options have a way bigger picture. It's pretty much instant on all of them if you were already running the car. Hope that helps.

Hi,

JRZ, do you have any detail photo of the work you did to the dash and center console, so that that large screen
could fit?

Thanks,
Nuno

I have some. It's not pretty. The last pic shows the climate control behind the ash tray and how it used to mount just on top before I "flushed" it. 90% of the work was for moving the climate control down. You can save all that head ache if you move it to the glove box. Plus, you'll lose a lot of rigidity to the console. I like it where I have it so it's a personal choice. Hope it helps.20180111_145406.jpg20180129_125704.jpg20180201_160849.jpg20180120_161103.jpg

This is my setup:

DSC01557.jpg

I went with this as I wanted something simple, all in one and clean lines with a slight NSX-R twist. I had my console done in Black alcantara/suede which matches other items I have had re-done in alcantara/suede

The system itself is touch screen & push button, it has CD/DVD/TV/USB/Memory Card plus the option for nav and camera if needed.

That suede looks pretty nice. Was it difficult to do?

This is one of the rare interiors we did for a NSX owner in Matte Carbon finish, since the car is a true race car the Matte CF really pulls the entire interior together. Everything was stitched with black Alcantara from the door panels to the seats for a matching finish!

I honestly think the matte carbon looks better than the gloss on the interior. Looks really good.

I honestly think the matte carbon looks better than the gloss on the interior. Looks really good.

thanks - this owner loves the "race" look and really gives it a nice finished scheme!

There are some really amazing creative installations here and all of them are great work. It's good to see so many options as NSX owners are some of the more creative in the group!

When we think of modified cars, some want a flashy setup, others want functional setups that retain the stock look. This owner wanted improved sound and modern Bluetooth as most cars have nowadays. With the Willman upgrade and our CF dash panel upgrade + interior this owner got both with a super clean setup:

^ is that a CF layover or actual CF?

this is an OEM dash panel fully stripped and Carbon Fiber applied over the carbon with UV clear coat to guarantee it will never yellow. We no longer make the dash panel from scratch due to the ashtray hole being very difficult to make.

Do you make the panels without the ashtray piece from scratch still? Also are the door inserts overlays or built from scratch?

Do you make the panels without the ashtray piece from scratch still? Also are the door inserts overlays or built from scratch?

PM us please - we are in process of re-building our molds. We offer the door panel inserts in both methods depending on each owner's requirements. Both door options are in stock!

thanks!

NC Auto USA/myself currently offer the only from scratch items for door bezels and center consoles made in the USA and never outsourced. Follow us on Instagram at NCautousa or my personal page sduff_composites for projects. If you send me a message or a number I’ll send pictures over also.

Also available over 20 other full carbon interior items. No overlays, no stock parts being reused.

This is another NSX owner we did the complete radio upgrade with dash panel along with a nice upgraded steering wheel.

No carbon in this car, so went with a custom painted dash trim piece along with matching upper center vent. The special reduced glare design of the DD is our custom design to allow you to see the LCD better than having it flat up against the panel. We delete the ashtray in this design for a cleaner look.

Last edited:
Below are some interior shots and dash shot. Some say this is the perfect setup and really updates the interior. Some say it’s overkill and prefer a more modest look. Regardless of what if it’s carbon you want the only option should be full carbon or nothing. Like wood flooring, solid wood is always desired more than laminate, overlay, or vinyl ��. Everything in the picture is made of 100% carbon no fiberglass, and full replacement. All very key factors when considering.

CED529F5-E0EA-4ED5-8890-5E0B5EE9853B.jpg

53181435-D41F-407D-BBD3-27C4EBB11C5D.jpg

56CB2379-FA13-4F7D-8708-52A7B9444100.jpg

NC Auto USA/myself currently offer the only from scratch items for door bezels and center consoles made in the USA and never outsourced. Follow us on Instagram at NCautousa or my personal page sduff_composites for projects. If you send me a message or a number I’ll send pictures over also.

Also available over 20 other full carbon interior items. No overlays, no stock parts being reused.

Dude I didn't know you were selling console and door pieces. It'll go great with my headliner and pillars, do you have the door and console trims available? Text me if you still have my number, I lost yours.

For those who do not want carbon fiber, we also offer OEM dash panels modified for glare reduction with ashtray deletes. Each of these panels are hand made to order once you let us know which model double DIN you want to use.

Keep in mind a double DIN radio is like a flat panel TV. Not all 50" TV's are the same size just like not all DD units have the same exterior dimensions. By letting us know what radio you will be using, we can custom tailor something to fit your car perfectly.

This one below is an OEM dash panel modified by us and then custom painted to match:

We are one of the few companies to offer a Carbon OEM dash panel with ashtray option if you wish to retain the ashtray. We do need your ashtray assembly / door sent over to ensure the carbon is all matching.

thanks
EB staff

NSX dash 3.jpg

Here is my perfect dash setup. The new Pioneer NEX2500 component system. Screen installed in the Honda pod and head unit installed between the seats where the center speaker was. Note the Pioneer round remote mounted where the coin tray was. This system allowed me to connect the original Acura stereo into the Aux Input of the new Pioneer unit, which allows me to continue to use not only the original stereo but more importantly the original trunk-mounted Acura 6 disk CD changer!! 600 W amp in the trunk and 10" subwoofer under the passenger side floormat, all from Science of Speed. Happy to send more photos to anyone interested.

Here is my perfect dash setup. The new Pioneer NEX2500 component system. Screen installed in the Honda pod and head unit installed between the seats where the center speaker was. Note the Pioneer round remote mounted where the coin tray was. This system allowed me to connect the original Acura stereo into the Aux Input of the new Pioneer unit, which allows me to continue to use not only the original stereo but more importantly the original trunk-mounted Acura 6 disk CD changer!! 600 W amp in the trunk and 10" subwoofer under the passenger side floormat, all from Science of Speed. Happy to send more photos to anyone interested.

Do you use a Navpod bracket with that setup? I currently use a Willmans conversion, but could see myself changing to your setup. It looks like that model also had a rear camera connection, so I could finally hardwire one.

Yes it is a standard navpod with the bracket provided by SOS. The dual component Pioneer screen is only about 1" deep so it fits nicely in the pod. And the head unit fits perfectly in place of the center rear speaker. The rear speaker grill also serves to provide ventilation to the head unit which has a small cooling fan on it. And yes the Pioneer NEX2500 has rear camera input (which I love now that my NSX has the same technology as all of my other cars!). It also has wired Apple Carplay (the USB connection was installed in the console). I particularly love the wired Pioneer remote, and the subwoofer volume control next to it. With that remote control at my fingertips, I rarely have to use the touchscreen! And of course the Pioneer has Bluetooth so I get full streaming functionality along with full utilization of all stock components. With this setup I can even still play my '80's cassette's!!

One more thing that makes this setup work so well: The Pioneer unit has preamp outputs. These are necessary if you want to connect the new Pioneer to your existing Bose speakers (since these speakers have their own amps). While my existing Bose speakers are definitely the "weak link" to my system, they still work and sound decent. I decided I will wait for something to fail inside my doors, either the Bose speaker amps or the window regulator (both well known problem areas), before I tear into the door panels and at that time with the door panels off I will install new door speakers. For now my 600W amp is only being used for the new 10" subwoofer, but we ran the wires through the engine firewall for the future door speakers.

Last edited:
Back