• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Very Remote And Winding Hwy 25 Nsx Run - 3/29/08

I’ll bet not many of you have traveled this route before! They could have carved it out and then laid down asphalt with the NSX in mind. Back in those days, they were just looking for a way through. If you can find Hollister, you can find Highway 25. After heading south on Highway 25 we will be heading east on 198 to Coalinga and HARRIS RANCH FOR LUNCH Our return trip will head back on Coalinga Road towards Highway 25 and Hollister. Bring a passenger, this is not going to be a high speed run.

DATE: Saturday, March 29th (if bad weather, run will move to April 5th)

AREA START: Starbucks Coffee - LEAVING 8:30 A.M.
125 Bernal Road, Suite 20
San Jose, CA 95119

MAIN START: McDonald’s LEAVING 9:45 A.M.
1711 Airline Highway
Hollister, CA 95023

BRING: Camera and club radios

QUESTIONS: [email protected]

2386443590084140464S600x600Q85.jpg

Let others know if you’re going:
1) yojack1
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Last edited:
Great road, I'll try to make it. I hit 163 in my Z06 on that long patch. The road seems to get very narrow at that speed. Now I try to keep the really fast stuff for the track. The twisty bits on that road are the best.

Hi Yolanda and Jack,

Here is the last run we did down that way.
And the one before! This is a fun run for sure.
We got stuck behind a couple of big rigs on one part but not for too long luckily.
We need to use care and good sense, especially since the fatality(Ferrari) on that stretch of road last year.

1) yojack1
2)NSFRBLX (tentative)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

BTW...the NSXCA has Club Radios we use them on our runs. I have a couple of spares I can lend, if someone needs one.

Well, I'm always up for a drive down Hwy 25... Not sure what's going on 2 months out, but I'm in until I hear otherwise. :rolleyes:

1) yojack1
2) NSFRBLX (tentative)
3) bnesse
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Count me in too :smile: I've never been on that run.

1) yojack1
2) NSFRBLX (tentative)
3) bnesse
4) smooth
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

1) yojack1
2) NSFRBLX (tentative)
3) bnesse
4) smooth
5) LarryNSX
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Representing central cal, I anticipate on meeting up in Hollister, doing roughly half, then looping back onto 198 from the 101. Or if time permitting, the whole run.

1) yojack1
2) NSFRBLX (tentative)
3) bnesse
4) smooth
5) LarryNSX
6) Ashik
7) KooLaid *****once again will do my best to make it******
8)
9)
10)

KooLaid;954173]Representing central cal, I anticipate on meeting up in Hollister, doing roughly half, then looping back onto 198 from the 101. Or if time permitting, the whole run.

1) yojack1
2) NSFRBLX (tentative)
3) bnesse
4) smooth
5) LarryNSX
6) Ashik
8)peterm
9)
10)

If you troopers would like to end your journey thru 17 mile drive in Pebble Beach I would be happy to provide free passes for all. Let me know if there is any interest?

If you troopers would like to end your journey thru 17 mile drive in Pebble Beach I would be happy to provide free passes for all. Let me know if there is any interest?

Steve, that very kind of you.

Could someone let me know the approximate time/milage for the run? I would be driving down from San Francisco.

Thanks,

Doug

Steve, it sounds like a great idea, however it's just too much to add onto the end of the Highway 25 Run. Since you mentioned it, why don't you set up a separate event, you have the expertise in the area. You need a main starting point, ending up with a lunch somewhere. Try to allow a month or more for people to fit in their schedules. You more than likely will have a pretty good turnout. We would definitely be there!

Steve, that very kind of you.

Could someone let me know the approximate time/milage for the run? I would be driving down from San Francisco.

Thanks,

Doug

We're leading the run and we live in South San Francisco. It's 284 round trip from San Jose and back to San Jose. If your interested, you can hook up with us for the run! Hope to see you. Jack

PLEASE NOTE NEW TIME AND ROUTE FOR HIGHWAY 25 RUN

I’ll bet not many of you have traveled this route before! They could have carved it out and then laid down asphalt with the NSX in mind. Back in those days, they were just looking for a way through. If you can find Hollister, you can find Highway 25. After heading south on Highway 25 we will be heading east on 198 to Coalinga and HARRIS RANCH FOR LUNCH Our return trip will head back on Coalinga Road towards Highway 25 and Hollister. Bring a passenger, this is not going to be a high speed run.

DATE: Saturday, March 29th (if bad weather, run will move to April 5th)

AREA START: Starbucks Coffee - LEAVING 8:30 A.M.
125 Bernal Road, Suite 20
San Jose, CA 95119

MAIN START: McDonald’s LEAVING 9:45 A.M.
1711 Airline Highway
Hollister, CA 95023

BRING: Camera and club radios

QUESTIONS: [email protected]

2386443590084140464S600x600Q85.jpg

Let others know if you’re going:
1) yojack1
2) NSFRBLX (tentative)
3) bnesse
4) smooth
5) LarryNSX
6) Ashik
8)peterm
9)
10)

Last edited:
Steve, it sounds like a great idea, however it's just too much to add onto the end of the Highway 25 Run. Since you mentioned it, why don't you set up a separate event, you have the expertise in the area. You need a main starting point, ending up with a lunch somewhere. Try to allow a month or more for people to fit in their schedules. You more than likely will have a pretty good turnout. We would definitely be there!

I will give it some thought.

1) yojack1
2) NSFRBLX (tentative)
3) bnesse
4) smooth
5) LarryNSX
6) Ashik
8) peterm
9) 02#154
10)

We're leading the run and we live in South San Francisco. It's 284 round trip from San Jose and back to San Jose. If your interested, you can hook up with us for the run! Hope to see you. Jack

Thanks Jack. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Doug

Thanks Jack. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Doug

1) yojack1
2) NSFRBLX (tentative)
3) bnesse
4) smooth
5) LarryNSX
6) Ashik
8) peterm
9) 02#154
10)Dtrigg
11)emeraldtt

I'll catch up with you guys on the way down here like Hollister or some where along the way.

1) yojack1
2) NSFRBLX (tentative)
3) bnesse
4) smooth
5) LarryNSX
6) juejaimon
7) Ashik
8) KooLaid *****once again will do my best to make it******
9) peterm
10) 02#154
11) Dtrigg
12) emeraldtt