• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

This is how I want my "ish" build thread 1997 NSX

The 1:43 scale model is a GO!! So all those who ordered made it possible. I’m curious how many were NSX fans and how many were just random fans of the anime in which my car is designed to pay homage to.

I have also decided to keep my wrap on a little longer, at least until the 1:43 version arrives in October. However I have started to normalize my interior a bit but still haven’t pulled the trigger on selling my seats. The gadgety electronics are being replaced by a ncautousa center console and the 3D Printed Ejection sear panels are permanently retired.

So far I’ve sold the WB short hub and WB rapid fix flip up, my harness bar and harnesses. I’ll rock the carbon doors a bit longer but in the process of replacing my aftermarket carpet with oem red (finally), I am going to add additional sound proof to help quiet the cabin.

In a couple weeks the car goes into SOS for an Infinity ECU w/Flex Fuel so I can run my boost proper for once.

This is a prototype, the final will have a metal plate instead of this printed out version.

a0f21a9e88ddb7d7e7ff1170c3c83ffd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Recently I finally pulled the trigger on some oem red carpet. Going back to the beginning of this build, I’ve always wanted oem but at that time in my life, it was just too expensive for me.

I also wanted to see about soundproofing and insulating my interior and carbon doors a lot better as my long road trip to Texas really exposed to me how loud and hot things had gotten over time due to the doors, old seals, and the Tillett carbon seats. There was just nothing left to absorb any vibration / road noise.

In fact I discovered that my passenger door AC venting had even warped under the heat of the car sitting outside for a week last summer in Phoenix.
664357c93183d28636912dff2ccfcca1.jpg
ea304f03fa5825811c5f7ee5dd5f5f73.jpg

I was hoping the install of the oem would be much easier but I made it difficult by adding all the 80mil Noico brand material AND second skin thermal.
d86dfd469bd3904e1b4b1523d6dbfe51.jpg
e569124ee4486ccafb617b64bd716bdf.jpg

After selling the harness bar and harnesses, tearing up the interior became much easier but it was still a pain in the ass. I also tried to put some mass loaded vinyl in on top of the second skin padding which was already on top of the Noico 80mil. This made installation of the oem carpet a bitch since it’s 100% moulded around every small bump and curve in the cabin of the car. This was even worse when dealing with the sub-enclosure.

1a81faba0468a9039dcca620bab09b5c.jpg

7d978c85a1f5eddb91705962c9db91e7.jpg
bc22e73a7ba1ac4a6b11e8dd6e88c94a.jpg

Congratulations on everything, Jhae!

I just did a quick catch up on your thread and have loved all the updates in the past year, especially the ones with the pilots inspecting the VF-1S NSX.
I need to break open the NSX Driver magazine and check out the article (forever behind on everything, lol).

More details on the Hot Wheels shot?

So is the car still wrapped right now? Import Face Off was recent? Great win for the NSX!

Also, be on the lookout for a possible "fly-by"/drive-by by Donna and me in the near future.

This is how I want my "ish" build thread 1997 NSX

Congratulations on everything, Jhae!

I just did a quick catch up on your thread and have loved all the updates in the past year, especially the ones with the pilots inspecting the VF-1S NSX.
I need to break open the NSX Driver magazine and check out the article (forever behind on everything, lol).

More details on the Hot Wheels shot?

So is the car still wrapped right now? Import Face Off was recent? Great win for the NSX!

Also, be on the lookout for a possible "fly-by"/drive-by by Donna and me in the near future.

As long as it’s a weekend I should be available.

Some hard dates I know right now I’ll be out of the country is Jan15-Jan25, otherwise nothing planned. I’ll get the crew together.

Hot Wheels does this really cool thing called “The Legends Tour” where they go city to city and do a show at a Wal Mart. Hundreds of cool cars come out and thousands of people attend. I went because I wanted to get a photo in front of their large sign. Bucket list thing.

Yes, believe it or not it’s still wrapped. IFO was this past weekend 10/27.

Thanks for the kind words and all the support over the years through every phase of the build.

Last edited:
Glad to see an "old school 'Prime vet" around here still active.

Great to see the adventures with your ride, man (I do miss the black, if I'm honest, but I also relate to the passion of playing around with your car).

Great work, bro.

Glad to see an "old school 'Prime vet" around here still active.

Great to see the adventures with your ride, man (I do miss the black, if I'm honest, but I also relate to the passion of playing around with your car).

Great work, bro.

Now there’s a name I haven’t seen in a long time!!!! Hope all is well!

Yeah, things are okay on my end.

Still hanging out in AZ.

I see the local forum is kinda dead though... bummer...

I feel like the Facebook forums have started to take over as far as local groups.

Congrats jhae! Didn’t realize they also made a smaller version of your car!!!

I feel like the Facebook forums have started to take over as far as local groups.

Seriously? Lol. You kept saying you were going to buy one from the seller. (shrug)

Seriously? Lol. You kept saying you were going to buy one from the seller. (shrug)

Back