• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

This is how I want my "ish" build thread 1997 NSX

yduru8u9.jpg

Almost time

So the season has fired back up... I did not get my center console finished in time for this months event. As you can see on the left, I did some major damage to my console after stripping it down and repairing the fractures. So I cheated and bought one off of sduff@composites so I could make my first event. I know other people make them, but Stephen is a great guy and I have appreciated his work for afar.

IMG_3268_zpsf0b41618.jpg

Instead of belly aching over no ash tray and cig lighter cut out, I decided to install a double USB and power outlet, as well as redo my home link from last weeks failed project. The home link worked just fine but looked terrible.

IMG_3325_zpsc707dab3.jpg
usb_zpsfc077f07.jpg

IMG_3306_zps4a5db102.jpg
IMG_3318_zpse933f9da.jpg
ec13b781-63a5-4264-a0a1-46ccafe51f2f_zpsd9b5a647.jpg

I'm going with a different 12v accessory port, same brand as the USB port. I did not like the one I test fitted above. The blank space on the right will be a small OEM Acura emblem and somewhere one of Source One's Aryton Senna decals will be present.

Last edited:
I created a custom wiring harness for the home link, power port, and USB ports. I also tapped into the OEM wires without having to cut anything.
IMG_3411_zps2e4c39bc.jpg

IMG_3424_zps510f890c.jpg

IMG_3409_zpsc3e64d5b.jpg

Hooked it all up to test the power port, USB, and home link buttons.

I had to get real creative to extend the button posts :biggrin:
IMG_3418_zps8c88c577.jpg

Half a dozen coats of Plasti Dip precious metals silver and some Krylon Clear Coat and its ready to start re-attaching components.
IMG_3421_zps60e041b2.jpg

Here is the product just before install..
IMG_3426_zpsc969744a.jpg

Agree, red stripe is terrible. Cmon man, really? All those breweries u got up there and that's what you drink. You're better than that Jhae.

Looks great Jhae, my only suggestion would be to move the cig lighter for the radar detector to the right side where the emblem is. In that case, it won't block the screen and will be out of the shifting area. Either way, looks good!

Looks great Jhae, my only suggestion would be to move the cig lighter for the radar detector to the right side where the emblem is. In that case, it won't block the screen and will be out of the shifting area. Either way, looks good!

Thanks Chris, but yeah, I was borrowing that detector as I don't have one. When I do get one, best believe it will be hardwired!!!

Looks cool on you're particular setup and functional, I would like to paint my calipers red and if it could be done in a reflective red would be a bonus since I am deleting the reflectors on my fenders and quarter panels, I might have to get some of this and get creative:smile:

Back