• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Titanium Rod

woodwork said:
Many of you are sending me a PM but not including your address or VIN.

I have sent about 30, have at least 40 to go. I am going first come first served. DeHapa is on the list but I don't have an address.
CoolNSX is on the list but I don't have an address.
x-toy is on the list but I don't have an address.
tbnsx is on the list but I don't have a name for the envelope
ml motorsports is on the list but I don't have an address
I'm still trying to get through last weeks PM. If you have not PM'd me by now I'm afraid that you are not going to make the wait list.

I'm only able to send out about 10 a day.

To polish or not? That is up to you. In Sept. of 1990 the journalists were given a polished rod and they looked like a mirror.

I really hope these don't end up on Ebay, That would really make me look foolish.

woodwork

Woodwork, did you get all the info I sent and was there anything you needed additionally?
If these end up on Ebay I would also be disappointed, since this is a true gift we should enjoy amd share. The only way I would part with mine is if I sold my NSX and decided to replace it with something other than another one (on #3 now!), and then I would just give it to the next owner of the NSX (just as I gave the NSX development book to the last one I sold, along with the OEM car cover, etc.)

I got mine in the mail today.

Thank you, woodwork (and Honda Motor Co.)!

Sending this is one of the nicest gestures of appreciation that any business has ever made for me.

woodwork said:
I really hope these don't end up on Ebay, That would really make me look foolish.

woodwork

Mine never will, and it won't go with the car if the car ever goes either. :biggrin: It's too cool to give something like this away.

I hope I get one! I was about the 13th person to reply.

I double checked my sent PMs to make sure I included my VIN and address.

No need to worry about this being sold on e-bay. Cant imagine anyone being that petty. 1st thing I did was to take mine completely apart & inspect it! Mine has hand scribed match marks on each side, I see in the photo some have been stamped. I asume these are 3.2 rods as am guessing they are newly made. Can you say why QC 86'ed these rods?
Was it a forging issue? Or a machining issue?
Thanks again!
MCM

OH Man, I am dying to get one of these. I responded with a PM very early on so I am in hopes that ones in on the way to me.

Seeing the picture of the cleaned-up rod, I can wait to get one and take it to a trophy type shop with a picture of my car and have them make me a nice plaque for my office. Talk about a great way to memorialize your car.

This is so coooool! (even if I did not get one it is still cool for those that did.)

Believe the rods are cast not forged. I am interested in the reason they were scrapped too. Work in the heavy machinery industry, stuff like this is always interesting.

Guys,, Woodwork clearly stated he needed certain info before he would send you a FREE rod.I might add that he is a real Honda empoyee of some renown :smile: I have met him at prior expos,so I highly doubt that giving him our address and vin will result in bulk junk mail to your home and the horror of seeing him sell your car on e-bay for 8000.00$ :tongue: Although his return address was Kenya :tongue:

You guys crack me up.

There was nothing wrong with the rods. They were taken out of parts stock for another project but the project got changed. I was fortunate enough to grab them before they went to the recycle bin.

Woodwork

so do you have any left?? :biggrin:

my friend says they look cast

Last edited:
woodwork said:
You guys crack me up.

There was nothing wrong with the rods. They were taken out of parts stock for another project but the project got changed. I was fortunate enough to grab them before they went to the recycle bin.

Woodwork

Well, we appreciate that you would think of us with such a great find(or save).

I for one, think that if anyone turns around and puts one of these on ebay or tries to sell it they should be banned from Prime, then be publicly stoned to death- :biggrin: maybe a little harsh? ok let them live to be publicly chastised for life..

You don't have any spare blocks hangin' around there by chance do ya? I've wanted an NSX engine block coffee table for a while now. :biggrin:

my new shift-knob... :D

I received my titanium connecting-rod today. Very appreciative of Woodwork's goodwill gesture & sincerity. Thanks, again. :cool:

I received my connecting rod today - I love it and it will look terrific once cleaned and mounted along with a picture of our NSX. It will be on display in my office for all to see and appreciate. I don't know that anyone else but an NSX owner would get as excited as me about it though.....thank you again. Wonderful gift.

Received one today, :biggrin: best package I have received via mail in a long time.
Great big thank You.
Its really cool to be able to take a brand NEW TI Rod and make a memento out of it(mount it with a picture etc). Usually only happens with used parts

Woodwork, I would like to buy you dinner, drinks, whatever. If your ever on the East coast or at an NSX event please let me/someone know so we may treat you with a kind gesture as you have done us.

Woodwork only gets to work on this project about 10 minutes a day since it is not in the job description.

I'm listing everyone by date of their PM. Then sending out the rods that I can get done quickly, then I'll go back and fill in the list with other PMs. If you forgot your VIN or address, send it to me, You're still in the order as first received on the list.

If I don't work fast enough for you, well, that isn't my problem. You get what you pay for..........

Still trying,
woodwork

woodwork said:
If I don't work fast enough for you, well, that isn't my problem. You get what you pay for..........

Still trying,
woodwork

Don't let some of the complainers get you down, 99% of us realize how unlikely something like this is to happen at all much less for a few fortunate ones.

woodwork said:
Woodwork only gets to work on this project about 10 minutes a day since it is not in the job description.

I'm listing everyone by date of their PM. Then sending out the rods that I can get done quickly, then I'll go back and fill in the list with other PMs. If you forgot your VIN or address, send it to me, You're still in the order as first received on the list.

Still trying,
woodwork

Sorry, my last post wasn't meant as a complaint. I was just trying to get your attention. But I realize now that wasn't the best way to go about it.

I think what you're doing for NSXPrime members is something extremely rare and special and speaks volumes as to your character and generosity.

PM sent including vin# and address.

Last edited:
Looks nice on the Wall!

f19f14d2.jpg

Gary

Last edited:
Kent,

I would like to join in with the rest and give you a big "Thank you" for sending these out. Mine came in today and it looks absolutely PIMP!!!

Thanks again!!
-Randy

Back