• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

To the gentleman who bought most of my parts a few years ago...

Patricia/Kyras, can't think of anything more beautiful than this story, ending, kind hearts, your car or you. This is a great read and a nice early holiday present huh!!

sidwac, thank you for the kind words. Phil, Bryan and I are good people. It's nice when good happens, like it did here. The UPS tracking number has this poster arriving at my house on Christmas eve. Sweet.

144466d1258472337-but-crusher-pro-tools-legendary-thread.jpg

I love this results of this thread!!!

It's just that we're used to seeing stories go the other way. I, too, was reminded of the free tires thread.
This one is great, good timing for the holidays.

Happy holidays everyone!

Patty,

I am glad to read this story, you are a sweet person. Glad you got your poster back.

Happy Holidays everyone.

E

Great story and I truly feel the warm in our NSX community.

My dad bought his red automatic NSX in 1991 when he was 66-years old. He put over 100,000 miles on it before he traded it in (Keyes Van Nuys Acura, California) for an RSX in 2005. He was in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's then, and I think they gave him about $4,000 for trade in value. :mad:
It's so sad that with so much good there's almost always an equal amount of bad. $4,000 for trade-in value??? Those guys are crooks!

Anyway, glad this thread had a happy ending. +1 on all the positive sentiments on here.

It's so sad that with so much good there's almost always an equal amount of bad. $4,000 for trade-in value??? Those guys are crooks!

Anyway, glad this thread had a happy ending. +1 on all the positive sentiments on here.

ryu, I was :confused: :eek: :mad: when I saw the papers from my dad's purchase of the '05 RSX. He traded in his NSX and paid around $15,000 (I think it was). I don't think he realized it was still a hot car, even if the miles were high. But like I said, he was starting to go down hill and I think they took advantage of him. I didn't know he traded it in until months later. My 22-year old daughter drives that RSX. That makes me happy, too, along with how this traveling poster story is ending. :smile:

Wow, awesome story! Thanks for filling in the details (w/ pics) Patricia.

:smile: I'm really happy to share this, Vega$ NSX. It makes me feel good to see how Prime has responded to this. ((((GROUP HUG)))) :smile:

Patty,

I am glad to read this story, you are a sweet person. Glad you got your poster back.

Happy Holidays everyone.

E

Takes one to know one, Eddy! It's been ages since I've seen you. Los Feliz in 2006?

This thread is proof that most NSX owners are honest and respectful people. It doesn't surprise me that the original owner of the poster was able to get it back through the generosity of this community.

I am glad it all worked out. Seeing that poster on the wall is moving.

I am proud that I could play a small role in helping you track down the buyer and return the poster.

As I said in our PM exchange, you have done a good thing. You deserve the accolades in this thread.

I love a story with a happy ending. Thanks for sharing it along with the pictures.

You're welcome for my contribution. :smile:

I wonder if Phil's been back to see this thread. He's newly engaged and has lots of new things he's putting in motion.

I am proud that I could play a small role in helping you track down the buyer and return the poster.

As I said in our PM exchange, you have done a good thing. You deserve the accolades in this thread.

I'm a little confused, brahtw8. I haven't seen the poster yet, myself, although it's on it's way to me. Did you help Phil, Ruined 2, track down the buyer?

I'm a little confused, brahtw8. I haven't seen the poster yet, myself, although it's on it's way to me. Did you help Phil, Ruined 2, track down the buyer?

Correct.

This thread was originally posted in the Parts for Sale Section, where I came across it. I moved it to this forum, and sent a PM to Phil that the answer to his search was likely to be found the feedback from the buyers of the items that he sold, and if he could find the feedback for that particular item he would be able to contact the buyer. I showed him where to find the feedback and he was able to find and contact the buyer, who then contacted you and has agreed to ship the poster.

Correct.

This thread was originally posted in the Parts for Sale Section, where I came across it. I moved it to this forum, and sent a PM to Phil that the answer to his search was likely to be found the feedback from the buyers of the items that he sold, and if he could find the feedback for that particular item he would be able to contact the buyer. I showed him where to find the feedback and he was able to find and contact the buyer, who then contacted you and has agreed to ship the poster.

Lots of steps done by some truly exceptional people doing a great thing.

Wow. What an incredible thread this has turned into. Glad to be a part of it :cool:.

Thank you so much again, brahtw8, but I still feel bad that I dismissed the poster in the first place :frown:. I guess I was just despondent about having to give up the car. Sorry again, Patricia :redface:.

But the poster is on it's way, all will be right with the world, Prime is still an incredible place...and maybe someday I will end up with another NSX :wink:. Karma and Dharma, you know? :smile:

wow. What an incredible thread this has turned into. Glad to be a part of it :cool:.

Thank you so much again, brahtw8, but i still feel bad that i dismissed the poster in the first place :frown:. I guess i was just despondent about having to give up the car. Sorry again, patricia :redface:.

But the poster is on it's way, all will be right with the world, prime is still an incredible place...and maybe someday i will end up with another nsx :wink:. Karma and dharma, you know? :smile:

Phil, please feel good instead of badly, about this. I never had any strings attached to the poster. If I had dreamed that I'd ever own an NSX, I would have kept it in the first place. You did good. ((HUG))

I'm in Vacaville, California at my daughter's apartment right now, and when I get home today, I believe the poster will be waiting for me. :biggrin::biggrin:
Do you think my dad is smiling down on all this? I do!

aliso viejo, ca, us 12/24/2009 3:48 a.m. Out for delivery

aliso viejo, ca, us 12/23/2009 10:45 p.m. Arrival scan
vernon, ca, us 12/23/2009 9:45 p.m. Departure scan
12/23/2009 7:11 a.m. Arrival scan
hodgkins, in, us 12/19/2009 12:12 p.m. Departure scan
12/19/2009 11:57 a.m. Arrival scan
middleburg heights, oh, us 12/19/2009 5:13 a.m. Departure scan
middleburg heights, oh, us 12/18/2009 11:58 p.m. Arrival scan
cleveland, oh, us 12/18/2009 10:44 p.m. Departure scan

Getting in here a little late guys and gals. What a wonderful Christmas story - yeah what a great group eh! I knew I got in with the right crowd here. Great story and how neat to see all the folks chime in like this. Super story! Glad to be a part of all this guys! Merry Christmas everyone!

Tim

Great thread!
Reminds me of the Prime I used to know!
Maybe things are improving here!
Congrats to all involved.

Oh, and Merry X-mas!:biggrin:

I'm sitting here Xmas morning crying my eyes out now guys.
Smart'n Up!
Trev

Merry Christmas, everyone!

The poster is now back in southern California, where my dad originally had it. It arrived on Christmas Eve. Wanna see? :tongue:

Thank you Phil (Ruined 2), brahtw8, and Bryan (1albagtp). What an nice Christmas present!

IMG_6697NSXPoster.jpg

Last edited:
Back