• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Toda camshaft users, please chime in

Thank you very much for the information. I have 93 down in Houston. I don't have a problem with upgrading the belt and oil pump gears. Heads can have whatever is needed. I just want to make sure it all flows properly. So final questions I guess are if I am running 93 octane (I'm not looking to search out 100 on a consistent basis), should I stick with stock compression, and do I need to sleeve the block to run 9000rpm naturally aspirated with ITB's?

notes:
I do plan on doing forged pistons and rods, so money is being spent on those regardless of stock compression or not. I also plan on upgrading the coil packs.

No need to sleeve for NA 8,000+ engine, but I would hone the bores and use the MLS head gasket/ARP head bolts (and time-sert the deck). I'd run the SOS "NA" pistons, which have moderately higher compression. They should work with 93 octane, assuming you have a good tuner, but you should call Chris W. at SOS and confirm with him. If you are planning to run at 9,000, I strongly recommend using a dual-pass radiator because your engine is going to be making a lot more heat. The Masiv is popular with the FI guys.

No need to sleeve for NA 8,000+ engine, but I would hone the bores and use the MLS head gasket/ARP head bolts (and time-sert the deck). I'd run the SOS "NA" pistons, which have moderately higher compression. They should work with 93 octane, assuming you have a good tuner, but you should call Chris W. at SOS and confirm with him. If you are planning to run at 9,000, I strongly recommend using a dual-pass radiator because your engine is going to be making a lot more heat. The Masiv is popular with the FI guys.

Okay, so change of plans. I will be going stroker. 84mm crank. 11.5:1 pistons. 90.5 bore. Building the valve train now for future cams. Will I be able to moderately use the Toda B cam with a setup like this?

Okay, so change of plans. I will be going stroker. 84mm crank. 11.5:1 pistons. 90.5 bore. Building the valve train now for future cams. Will I be able to moderately use the Toda B cam with a setup like this?

Toda B should work fine.

Ravi from We Don't Lift in Arizona has a built NA motor that has about 30k of time attack hard miles. It's ITB'd on 12:1 pump gas. It's about a 300wHP engine. I'll have to check on other components but iirc it's a 3.0 block nearing 3.2 bore. I have zero visibility on the kind if timing advance he's running though which is what is really like to see.

For the last several months I've been working with AS Motorsport on a fully ground up design ITB kit. It's on my car now and I'm pretty happy with the steetability even just on Alpha N (I'm tuning it myself ��). We're 90% there...

I'm now working with HQ Engineering here in SoCal on my 3.5L build. Lots of things being considered right now like CR, cams (likely custom), and can gears (likely CT). A few parts are already at WPC... Per Ravi's feedback in thinking a crazy 12:1 on CA shit pump gas (I know, sounds stupid). So maybe I'll go 11.5-.8.

Back