• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Today, we went our separate ways...

Q

Experienced Member
It is with a sad and heavy heart that I inform you of this news. Today I sold my beloved NSX; absolutely THE finest automobile I've ever owned. Not more than an hour ago I watched it get trailered onto I-88 and then out of site. Man was that difficult to watch.

However, that doesn't mean I'm out of the club or tuned out of this community. I may have sold the car, but the friends I have made because of this forum will NEVER be sold. I will continue to attend meets and simply hang out with all of you. Please remember to still include me in the local events!!! Besides, when you really get down to it the cars are simply excuses to get together, right?

Well, I'm off to have a cocktail (at 4:00PM!:tongue:) to clear my head. I'll see you all soon...

Best Regards,
Sean

NSX_1.jpg

NSX_2.jpg

NSX_3.jpg

Last edited:
Bummer Sean :frown: and congrats. Hope to see ya at the track someday.

Indeed, that car made me like red in the NSX. Ya did a good job @ making it look aggressive. But i heard that you are getting a rainbow car though?:eek:

I'm a Mazda man too, but the other mazda.

sure hope the new owner isn't a total d-bag :)

i have to say that sean is without a doubt the most conscientous car owner that i've ever met and his car (it'll always be his car to some extent) is absolutely stunning. i'm looking forward to many happy miles and track days.

we're at the layover in dayton right now, should be home in raleigh by tomorrow evening. then i'll see what weekends i have free for vir events before the holidays!

sure hope the new owner isn't a total d-bag :)

i have to say that sean is without a doubt the most conscientous car owner that i've ever met and his car (it'll always be his car to some extent) is absolutely stunning. i'm looking forward to many happy miles and track days.

we're at the layover in dayton right now, should be home in raleigh by tomorrow evening. then i'll see what weekends i have free for vir events before the holidays!

jtower is the new owner and after meeting him, I'm glad to know that it is going to another automotive enthusiast who will carry on the same zest for the NSX as I have. Please stay in touch as I'd love to (pun intended) track its progress!

Go Spec Miata! :biggrin::tongue::eek:

Hey Sean, knew you had offered it for sale. I well remember seeing/hearing your fine NSX at Gingerman May, 2006, and meeting you. You were nice enough to patiently answer about 52 of my questions... !
jtower you got a keeper there. :cool:
Somehow I hope to see "Q" back into an NSX. 1997 or newer model with all the right mods.
Regards, neal

Sean -

Wow. Whoa. Ummm... Yeah. (sighs)

You put a lot of time and thought and effort into modding that car. You cared for it. You enjoyed it. You will miss it. Ask me how I know.

Having sold my car the thing I miss the most is the feeling of poise and control that car had, especially at elevated speeds. It was very confidence inspiring.

In a month or two we'll have to have a chat - being on the outside again you start to evaluate the NSX in ways that you didn't as an owner. It'll be interesting to see if you have the same sort of feelings about the NSX that I do now. It is STRANGE being on the outside looking in.

Sean's loss is our (Triangle, NC area's) gain. We look forward to seeing this beautiful car down south, and at VIR soon. I met the new ower at Carolina Motorsports Park recently, and he's very psyched about the car. He is still on the road back here, as I write.

Sean, keep the faith! Get another NSX some day.

Frank first, then Sean..........:eek::mad::frown:

It won't be me as number three! :wink:

Of course you are always welcome to Downers Grove Friday nites next year!!!

Dave

took a little longer than expected but she's home safe and sound in the garage. it's all i can do to resist slapping my spare set of tags on the car and going for a drive right now. actually since rain is scheduled for fri and sat i may do just that.

took a little longer than expected but she's home safe and sound in the garage. it's all i can do to resist slapping my spare set of tags on the car and going for a drive right now. actually since rain is scheduled for fri and sat i may do just that.

Go ahead! Heck, I drove it all the way back from Raleigh with the plates from my Prelude!

Somehow I hope to see "Q" back into an NSX. 1997 or newer model with all the right mods.
Regards, neal

Neal, you never know what'll happen :biggrin: Good to hear from you!

Wow, your car was remarkably similar to mine.

Yours
NSX_3.jpg

Mine
DSC000411.jpg

Congrats to the new owner and hope you get another NSX soon, Q.

There is always seat open in my car, drive or ride.

Brian

Back