• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Top 10 craziest NSX projects

Can you guys post some of the craziest/wildest NSX projects you have seen on this thread? There is some really interesting stuff on here. Vroom's car, John@microsoft, that one crazy install someone did with a factory Acura nav from a new car into the NSX, the R convesrions where the guys cut the roof to make the car a coupe, ccathey doing wheelies down the 1/4 mile on a stock motor, Factor X's car with those red coils sitting on top, Firesun's veilside NSX... I've seen some interiors that have been nuts... there is a lot of stuff here that is just over the top. And I really admire the dedication no matter the result.

Please just make a contribution but keep it short and include some pictures. You can nominate your own project/pictures. This is a great thread for newbs to see what kind of strange people exist in the NSX world. :D

I'll get us started:

Factor X motorsports. More here.

DSC00901.JPG

I have to say Danny's car.

1000HP is not some thing you can achieve simply by sticking two turbos on the car.

My car may not be the most expensive, but maybe in the top five.

I sold some parts to a gentleman in LA who is lengthening his nsx by a few feet, mounting the engine longitudinal, installing a G50 porsche gearbox, and widening the rear by an impressive amount; his descriptions constitute the 'most crazy' nsx project I have seen/heard of... perhaps more-crazy, this project doesn't simply exist in his head, work has started. His stated target for completion is SEMA 2008.

Guys, posts on this thread are useless without links/pics. Vance you are right, Danny's car is nuts... any pics? Armando's is crazy too...

newb here, i would be interested in seeing some custom interiors as well. I have a 91 blk nsx with ivory interior and am looking to changethe interior to something else yet incorporate some of the ivory parts as well. I would love to see what some others have done with this.

John@microsoft, where are the pics with your suspension and all that foil and all the stuff you moved and rearranged? where are those crazy pics?

SerialNSXr cutting the top of his targa NSX off to make a coupe here:

5608Type-R_project_-_35.jpg

5608Type-R_project_-_401.jpg

Ccathey, testing the limits of a stock NSX engine with a turbo on top. Doing wheelies down the 1/4. 139 MPH down the 1/4 and still running...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kjFOAoSj8-0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kjFOAoSj8-0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

RyanITV's R conversion... doing this to a new car.

Thread here

noholes.jpg

Ok, let's see. 150K NSX-R replica with 37K for a targa to coupe conversion.

serialNSXer wins.

(BOWS) :biggrin:
Yeah, so far I got around 55k in to the car and still working on it. The scary thing is, the hood and the wing is coming and that's going to be another $16k. Thinking about the TODA stroker... Have to mortgage out my seattle condo to do that....:biggrin: Maybe paying the car off is the next thing I should do... Should have save my money and wait for a real deal.

Anil is the MAN!!!

John@microsoft, where are the pics with your suspension and all that foil and all the stuff you moved and rearranged? where are those crazy pics?

I think over here somewhere. I honestly don't have any recent pics so I guess I'll have to take some. :frown:

Not really a big deal, nothing to see here guys. Nothing crazy, I just hate getting my hands dirty when I am working on the track rat and figured why everything was already disassembled for the cage and stuff... hey, doesn't hurt to clean a little. :smile: :biggrin:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks... here is a couple o good ones:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Stop trying to act normal John, everyone here knows you are crazy.

Back