• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Top 10 craziest NSX projects

Sounds like "crazy" is a sliding scale in this thread. :biggrin:

LOL... well yeah... a little... but still some of these are what I would consider a little over the top. Hey man, to get a good "top ten" you need lots of entries and some don't make it.

I just know there is more "crazy" stuff on prime... somewhere... some people know of things I have not posted.

Just thought about something regarding this thread...does it have to be a crazy project done on an NSX or project on another car to be made to look like an NSX? I have seen some Eclipse's and Integra's with NSX-like projects that boggle the mind but to each their own. (NSX side intakes on an Integra, NSX tail section on an Eclipse...etc) No pics though just random cars seen at shows or crusing around. The Integra is red and I see it cruising around Irvine Spectrum, but that was over a year ago when I worked down in that area, so I havent seen it since.

Just thought about something regarding this thread...does it have to be a crazy project done on an NSX or project on another car to be made to look like an NSX? I have seen some Eclipse's and Integra's with NSX-like projects that boggle the mind but to each their own. (NSX side intakes on an Integra, NSX tail section on an Eclipse...etc) No pics though just random cars seen at shows or crusing around. The Integra is red and I see it cruising around Irvine Spectrum, but that was over a year ago when I worked down in that area, so I havent seen it since.

Oh no... not those... do not pollute the thread with that stuff. This is about crazy NSX's or an over the top mod to an NSX...

I can confirm it works beautifully. It may not make his car go crazy fast or make it look outrageous, but ive not seen many more carefully thought out, challenging or insightful projects in any NSX.

Garrick is a maniac.

If only someone could get this to work:frown:

Wow, never knew so many crazy NSXers are on Prime...shows me what a newbie I really am! :redface:

I have seen Lithumus's car up close and never even realized it had a sat-nav transplant...it was that clean! :eek:

I haven't seen too many crazy NSX cars.. but I have Jon's at the top of the list. The most out there project is the all the polished parts/underside etc of the car, which I understand took over a year at 40 hours a week. I don't think there is any like it, in the world, and very few other cars.

Absolutely crazy. I offered to trade chasis + good chunk of money... but he refuses, over and over... Just waiting for the right financial crunch for him though :biggrin:

Other things include a 2500 (+/- 50 lbs) total car weight (with 100+ lbs rollcage) and pretty much the only stock part on the car being: the engine , chasis, driver & passenger side doors, front windshield glass + door glass (not the engine hatch or engin/cabin divider) and the dash. Did I miss something John? Everythign else afaik has been removed or replaced.

When my car grows up, I want it to be like John's. :wink:
PS: John, I'm planning on seeing you next week as we work on the aerodynamics on the car (+ a few other 'small' projects) :biggrin:

I thought he did have it working...

BTW:I'm working on transplanting the audio, Nav and I-Drive system from an RDX into my NSX. Without a nav pod :wink:

Dude, If I thought that was possible. I'd pay some serious bucks to have that done by a professional. Wouldn't even attempt something like that myself. But you talk about updating your car.... :eek:

If only someone could get this to work:frown:

You know, I just realized that I didn't have any photos of the Nav in action... when I found one, I realized why I didn't post it! Here it is anyway! :biggrin:

The Bluetooth Handsfree, voice control and XM radio all work.

I've decided to up the ante for next year. I'm re-installing the entire system with the 2007 TL Type S Radio with MP3 6 disc DVD-A, XM Traffic Sat, Zagat and OEM rearview camera. Acura decided to change some of the connectors so I'll have to re-create the entire harness! :eek:

To those who've seen it, thanks for vouching it actually DOES work!

IMG_2481.jpg

To those who've seen it, thanks for vouching it actually DOES work!

Werd.

Too bad that nav didn't help us much when we got lost in Hamilton during the exotics cruise eh Garrick? :tongue:

I don't know if my project would be considered crazy, but i was thinking i was crazy several times thoughout my RHD conversion.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86718&highlight=rhd+conversion

Just finished the conversion this week. thought I'd never see the end of it.
I'll update the thread shortly.

Ummmm.... yeah...

I would say you easily qualify for the confirmed fruit loop category converting a right hand drive car to a left hand drive. Wow that thread was pretty nuts. And at the end you say "its not as bad as you think". That statement right there my friend qualifies you as bonafide nuts. :D

attachment.php

my car was awarded "most modified NSX" at NSXpo 06 :smile:
all CF widebody
twin turbo, ect...
I wouldnt call it a crazy project though, just modified.

well them post some pics and links! No one wants to do a search for your car. That is why this thread exists. To bring all these together.

NSXBOX, anyone?

Not CRAZY but his old car was very, very goodlooking to be a modified one. The one with Pioneer stickers and red/black exterior/ gold wheels...

SerialNSXer, Armando, FactorX get my vote... And the 1000 hp NSX, never heard of it before..

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49438

I nominate this one for the longest blue ballz thread.

Yea... i wanted soo badly to see that thing finished. I think the project was abandoned and parted out?

NO TKTS Cantrell Widebody takes the cake for me... One of (if not the) 1st cantrell widebody. Insane amount of work in that car. Went from bone stock to widebody in one step. Its just gorgeous.

ah5ahj47cc.jpg

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24250&highlight=Cantrell+Concepts
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45724&highlight=Cantrell+Concepts

Back