• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TOP Gear's Thoughts

Can't wait to see that episode

Anyone know how to watch BBC versions of TG episodes (that were not sanitized for the American audiences) online anymore? www.finalgear.com used to have them all but they were pressured into removing them. Used to be able to watch them also at www.streetfire.com but I think they were pulled there too.

Anyone know how to watch BBC versions of TG episodes (that were not sanitized for the American audiences) online anymore? www.finalgear.com used to have them all but they were pressured into removing them. Used to be able to watch them also at www.streetfire.com but I think they were pulled there too.

Honest question, how is TG sanitized for american audiences? I torrent all my episodes of TG (I know, I'm a pirate) so I haven't seen any other version.

Honest question, how is TG sanitized for american audiences? I torrent all my episodes of TG (I know, I'm a pirate) so I haven't seen any other version.

Once I started watching streamed episodes from streetfire or finalgear.com, I noticed a heck of a lot more "mature humor" and snippy jokes about the germans and French than I'd hear on BBC America's episodes which would air several months later after broadcast in Britain. A friend at work said he noticed something similar. I never made a direct comparison of episodes so I could be wrong. It just always seemed like the streamed versions were much more enjoyable and colorful than the BBC America versions.

BBC America began airing episodes of Top Gear starting in autumn 2007. These versions were edited by up to 10 minutes to make room for commercials. As of 2012, BBC America airs First Run episodes and specials of Top Gear in their entirely before editing for repeats.

Since the 2012 change, my experience has been that the first run is 90 minutes (including commercials) but the repeats are only 60 minutes. They usually cut out the news segment, some hot laps, and guest interview bits. I also noticed they change quite a bit of the music on the BBC America version (probably due to licensing).

Last edited:
I think there has been mostly positive feedback from most press.

Also the Tesla and GTR acceleration benchmark is exciting!

Last edited:
I thought this was interesting:

"There is also a launch function that gives the NSX ‘zero delay' performance from rest. This is said to be bordering on frightening, according to one spokesperson. The benchmarks were the Tesla Model S and the Nissan GT-R. The new NSX beats both of those comfortably, they say."

I don't know what "beats comfortably" equates to, but given that the GTR is 3.0s, and the P85D is 3.2s, we're potentially looking at a 911Turbo type 0-60?? DAMN!

I don't know what "beats comfortably" equates to, but given that the GTR is 3.0s, and the P85D is 3.2s, we're potentially looking at a 911Turbo type 0-60?? DAMN!

I'm thinking about the 911 Turbo more and more relative to the new NSX. Same power (911TS is 552hp), same price (911TS is ~$180 which I'm sure NSX2 will hit with options and markup), so now I'm just looking for same or better weight (911TS is 3550lbs) and same or better acceleration.

Well even the first year R35's were doing 3.0s 0-60, so I'm assuming that was the benchmark. They probably added P85D as an afterthought.. since the original was more like 3.7s and is not comparable to an R35.

Tesla P85D is also 2.7 sec

Back