• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Top Speed Header Problem

Very common indeed. I have the leaking issue. Fitment is good.. No cut anywhere. Def, call them. They should be able to help you out.. If you have access to compressed air tank available, i would plug up all port and collector, then fillit with air.. Look for leak, get some soap and water to spray around the weld. No bubble no leak, for the moment atleast. Cant say for future after couple thousand miles.. Good luck.

Trying to fit my TS headers tonight, front pipe hits crossmember also. Tried for bit then did a search to see if it's common. Guess it is. I'll call TS and see what they say.

Did they give you any reply on your problem?
I asked them to make sure this is a version 2 for 91 nsx. They told me it fits perfectly without problem and it's a version 2. He even told me that version 1 was long gone. I am encountering the same fitting issues.

Last edited:
I know it's been several years but I recently purchased a 91 NSX with what looks like a Top Speed header ( custom cut beam and all :eek: ). Someone mentioned the header being uncomfortably close to the shift cable and in my case, it's touching the shift cable. Needless to say, the part of the shift cable that touches has melted down to the braided wire. From my the inspection, there doesn't seem to be any corrosion within the exposed shift cable nor does there seem to be any negative impact to shifting at the moment, though I've not driven another NSX for comparison.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how they've handled this. I'm considering repairing that part of the cable with maybe high temp exhaust tape or something along those lines. Worse case, is replacing shift cables a pain?

Back