• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unofficial Rio Yellow Thread

I don't think an "Unofficial Rio Yellow" thread exists so I'm going to start it up. I took some quick pics of my 04 RY NSX with my 01 LSB M3. It's really a NSX/M3 combo shoot, but should suffice to start up the Rio gang.

DSC08452-1.jpg

DSC08453-1.jpg

DSC08451-1.jpg

DSC08450-1.jpg

DSC08449-1.jpg

DSC08447.jpg

DSC08440.jpg

DSC08446.jpg

DSC08445.jpg

DSC08455-1.jpg

DSC08454-1.jpg

DSC08444.jpg

DSC08439.jpg

DSC08435.jpg

DSC08436-1.jpg

DSC08443.jpg

DSC08442.jpg

DSC08441.jpg

Somebody pointed out that my car has an excessive wheel gap and that the NSX is shipped out with some kind of spacers and they may have never been taken off. Is this possible--any opinions on that? I never noticed it until a comment on the pictures.

Somebody pointed out that my car has an excessive wheel gap and that the NSX is shipped out with some kind of spacers and they may have never been taken off. Is this possible--any opinions on that? I never noticed it until a comment on the pictures.

On the PDI there are spacers in between the coil springs that are removed. I doubt this is the case with you car just because the car would probably feel pretty sloppy if they were still in there.

Here is a pic of mine before I installed my coilovers and I can't see that much difference. :wink:

DSC06491.jpg

These are posted here somewhere but this thread looks like a good place to post again... :smile:

DSC06796.jpg

DSC06799.jpg

DSC06801.jpg

DSC06800.jpg

DSC06802.jpg

DSC06806.jpg

DSC06809.jpg

DSC06811.jpg

Here is a pic of mine before I installed my coilovers and I can't see that much difference. :wink:

You're right...it looks pretty similar to me. BTW, I was looking at the Wiki and there were only 53 Rio's ever shipped to the US. That makes it a pretty rare bird:cool:

Don't think I have ever seen a yellow NSX with gold rims, looks very good! :wink:

Thank you! :cool: It was a bit risky, but I'm happy with the way it turned out...

Yes not a common combination, and not one that would occur to me, but you sir break the rules in great style!

:D Thanx...

Do you have other angles we could look at? Those rims are a nice touch!

The car looks clean and done up just right.

Shawn

I have a few other angles in my original #6 post. If you would like, I can take a picture of a particular angle?
Here are a few I took back in the early spring... :cool:

DSC08403.jpg

DSC08404.jpg

DSC08406.jpg

DSC08409.jpg

Last edited:
attachment.php

Attachments

• nsx.jpg
    nsx.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 697
^^^

That is a sick NSX, but why does your Spa looks so orange like the RIO? It actually fooled me for a little bit.

Thx... I assure you the S is the original paint. It is the camera and the lighting that makes it look the same or darker.

Side by each the S was lighter and the NSX has a bit more red in it. I never thought much of Rio when it came out now I like it more than Spa.

Bump for some Rio love. Are any Rio owners interested in making a RY registry? Kind of like s4play did for 02-05 GPWs or as there is for Imola. According to the Wiki, only 53 were ever produced: 27 in 2004, 26 in 2005. Pretty rare and I'm sure we have many on Prime. Plus there are so many NSX sleuths on this list that can help solve the mystery.

Last edited:
Back