• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Upgrading fuel rails

Did i dream this but did i read somewhere that the rear bank fuel rail runs a little lean well when in comparison to the front rail?

So fuel comes from the fuel filter, goes to the front fuel rail which then feeds the the rear.

How about this for an idea, coming straight off the fuel filter to the a Y splitter then feeding both the front and rear fuel rails at the banjo's which joins both the front and where banks and capping off the original fuel feed on the front rail.

I've not tried this but could you even swap front and rear rails flipping then 180 degree and doing the same thing.

The only thing is then the FPR would be on the opposite side so you would have to run a longer hose to that.

I'm sure the original setup is fine for NA but when running boost with more fuel surely a 50/50 balance of fuel between the 2 rails would make sense?

I'm just thinking out loud, i don't think i'm at the point of changing my fueling side of things beyond what i already have.

Last edited:
View attachment Fuel Rail Mod..pdf

DSCF0315.JPG

gary

Not sure about your proposed setup, but you should contact Wayne [MENTION=10956]whrdnsx[/MENTION]. I purchased a set of upgraded fuel rails from him and they were excellent. He had to make a few kits to have his produced (personal) and he may have one left. I'll post pics a little later.

IMG_20151124_153455.jpg

DSC04843.jpg

DSC04846.jpg

DSC04859.jpg

Last edited:
Unless you are making above 800whp, I can't see needing upgraded rails Even the stock banjos clearly aren't a problem for 400-500whp NSX's. If the rear banks run lean at lets say 500whp conservatively speaking, that means the front rail by itself can support 500whp if ran in parallel. You can run the rails in parallel and feed back to a single regulator or you can run a regulator between the filter and rails, and cap off the outlets. There are several options.

In my twin turbo set up, the rear bank was running lean over 500 WHP.
I made a double stack banjo bolt at the top of the fuel filter and made a separate fuel supply and return line to the rear bank.
It solved the lean rear bank issue.
I removed the cross over hose that connects the front rail to the rear rail and supplied fuel directly to the rear rail.
I ran a separate return line from the front bank at the connection point for the cross over hose.

I also ran a larger power wire to the fuel pump and installed an upgraded the fuel pump.

Back