• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Urgent Advice: Jh4na21682t000037

Jh4na21682t000037

I ALMOST got suckered into buying this car. Search this vin on this site and you will get the story on this car.

Long story short (hopefully:biggrin:), The car is at a bank in Statesboro, GA. I called the guy and confronted him telling him the history of the car (targa top off, water damage, "deer" damage, etc...). I made him an offer of $15,000 and he told me he would asap find out and call me back. Well, he never did and everytime I called him he said he would find out and call me right back. I just got off the phone from him and he told me that some guy offered double for the car (for which I have no problem with that). BUT, I asked him did the buyer know the history as I explained to him...he got quite and told me that he was dealing with the car and that the new buyer knew. Honestly, I am skeptical if he even told the new buyer and I believe it is one of the person who is purchasing the car is from the EBAY that had the higher bids on the car.

Why is this my business? Well, I just do not want the person buying the car get scammed when the seller now knows the history. I thought about calling the bank president and speaking with him. What do you guys suggest?

I know that is feels like to be ripped off and my god $33,000 or more is a ALOT of money especially in the economy state that we live in. I have kids and know what that amount of money can be used on them.

If anyone wants to talk let me know, because I want to call the president asap...
PM me your number...thanks!
:confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
Ps.

He was supposed to get the body shop info. on the car and told me it should be no problem but today he told me that he could not get it. Also, the person who owned this car "died."

I know what you're going thru. I would indeed call the bank president if you can. I would doubt, although I have no reason to, that the salesman has told the individual the "truth" about that car. They are notorious for hiding things like the other one that has been discussed where JBZ went and found that 14k mile 92 white had paint work - and other issues and was presented to be "collector" quality. Liars, can't stand em and if you can save someone do it, I'd say. Hope it works out for you and whoever you're trying to help out even though you don't know who it is.

A lot of times these dealers have no idea what they're getting either or they may even be working together by shifting the car from one dealer to the next with full knowledge trying to catch the unwary. Follow your heart man.

I don't know... I know your intention is good but what happens when that buyer backed out and the dealer decide to recover his "loss" on you and take you to court?

If I am in your shoes I would walk away and hope the new buyer did his due diligence.

Jh4na21682t000037

I ALMOST got suckered into buying this car. Search this vin on this site and you will get the story on this car.

Long story short (hopefully:biggrin:), The car is at a bank in Statesboro, GA. I called the guy and confronted him telling him the history of the car (targa top off, water damage, "deer" damage, etc...). I made him an offer of $15,000 and he told me he would asap find out and call me back. Well, he never did and everytime I called him he said he would find out and call me right back. I just got off the phone from him and he told me that some guy offered double for the car (for which I have no problem with that). BUT, I asked him did the buyer know the history as I explained to him...he got quite and told me that he was dealing with the car and that the new buyer knew. Honestly, I am skeptical if he even told the new buyer and I believe it is one of the person who is purchasing the car is from the EBAY that had the higher bids on the car.

Why is this my business? Well, I just do not want the person buying the car get scammed when the seller now knows the history. I thought about calling the bank president and speaking with him. What do you guys suggest?

I know that is feels like to be ripped off and my god $33,000 or more is a ALOT of money especially in the economy state that we live in. I have kids and know what that amount of money can be used on them.

If anyone wants to talk let me know, because I want to call the president asap...
PM me your number...thanks!
:confused::confused::confused:

The guy selling it is the loan officer at the bank. I am very honest. I found $164,000 and gave it back! lol...I know, damnit I could have bought 3 or more nsx's! The guy was an older man who was buying a Million dollar motor home...

Since you are not buying the car the best you can do is to post this thread to try and warn others. Let it go....

I agree...I just feel bad, especially a bank that is trying to remain honest for the community. O well, I can't wait to see that new owner post a thread saying..."Hi guys! Just got an NSX...Yay!!!" and then he search's through nsxprime and finds the comments on their new car! lol....

I truly believe in Karma... 'nuff sed'

I'm not so sure about Karma...
personally, I believe more in the law of sowing and reaping.
But that is basically the same idea.

Tough call. It's kind of a buyer beware world. What are the chances the potential buyer will do an Internet search and stumble across nsxprime.com, before he makes the purchase?

If the bank is aware of the history, they should disclose what they know. Tell the truth etc. It doesn't always happen though.

It is awesome you turned in that money $$$$ I'm sure the owner was very happy to have it turn up.

Most nsx sales don't get by without a PPI. If the new potential owner has any idea how much money he's spending he will get a PPI and he will not buy this car and we will see it at a different dealer every month for the next year or so. If there is someone here that would buy a nsx without a PPI then good luck.

I came across this car in Statesboro by chance. I wasn't looking for an NSX; just surprised to see one sitting in the bank parking lot. I took it for a test drive. Wow! What a rush! It is nice and smooth up to 80mph. I didn't notice any alignment problems. Wheels are perfect, never kissed a curb. I found water standing in the trunk from recent rains. The trunk floor has numerous wrinkles and buckles, primarily on the LH side. Under the car you can see where a frame jig chains were hooked into the box members and tore one round hole open on one side. Some of the sheetmetal box member flanges are still bent. Slight smell of gasoline after sitting two days. The driver's door drags on the door sill (painted) body at the bottom of the door. I didn't notice any mildew smell from the reported 6" deep standing water back in Texas. The paint is neglected from sitting outdoors. It looks nice enough on the interior. Some of the leather trim on the doors looks shrunken/pulled free. Story from the bank officer remains the same - "previous owner died, there is a mysterious "totalled" entry in carfax, but Texas title does not show salvage, must be an error in reporting". blah blah blah. Asking price is now $35,000. Knowing "the rest of the story", what would be a good price to offer? I'd love to own it for a while, but I wouldn't want it for a keeper.

Asking price is now $35,000. Knowing "the rest of the story", what would be a good price to offer? I'd love to own it for a while, but I wouldn't want it for a keeper.

So a BANK is selling this car? Don't they need a dealers license?

Think of the trouble you will have selling it if you buy it.

I wouldn't think twice and would RUN from this.

So a BANK is selling this car? Don't they need a dealers license?

Think of the trouble you will have selling it if you buy it.

I wouldn't think twice and would RUN from this.

If they hold the title, then I suppose it would be no different than any other person selling a car that holds the title.

That being said...I still wouldn't buy the car.

Back