• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Value of a '91 that was never driven JH4NA1158MT000897

The Club received an inquiry from an owner who indicates his dad bought a '91 new in 1991 (red/black) and never drove it so it only has the delivery miles on the ticker. He was curious as to what it might bring on the market so that makes me curious as to what others may think about potential value.

I have no info re whether it was ever started, had fluids changed or been on blocks for 20 years. The only info is that it has never been driven after it was delivered new in '91 and it still has that "new car smell".

Re: Value of a '91 that was never driven

What in the world?!? I cant even make a guess on this one. My dad told me a story something along these lines. This guy bought a vette in the 60's. He drained all the fluids and let it sit in something like a sealed bubble or box that was heated and air conditioned. He waited about 40 years to sell it and made a ton of money. I say this person should keep it till it becomes a classic or antique. Then it might be worth something really crazy. I would love to see what people think its worth these days. Is it worth what it was new?? Its still a new NSX basically.

If I had a big enough house to keep it and money to spare I would pay up to $100 000 for a car like this. I don't think that even Honda has one that is compleatly mint.

I would tell him its not worth much and pay him cash for the car. LOL
J/K

I wonder how many of these cars are locked away in some guys garage.

when he dies they find the cars, and his family members sell them for cheap not knowing how much they are worth.
so one mans pride and joy is another family member headache and sold for scrap

so another strike against you guys that Garage them and let them rot.

drive it your only getting older and as time passes you will not have the strength to press the clutch in to start it.

I drive my everyday. and will only drive my other cars when i have to.
so what the miles. drive it fix it and keep driving it

the NSX will look BAD-ass next to any new car on the road today.

RSO give him my e-mail I will buy it.

Wow! really? Standard KBB with excellent condition and zero miles >> 36k max.

I would guess 40k would be a good considering NSX rare factor.

Depends on condition/location etc. of course.

Tough call Bob, ... around the cost of getting the car running and up to spec on maintanance.Honestly a car like this would be better served going to a bigtime auction like BJ.

+1 with docjohn

I would think a well advertised high dollar auction would be the place to sell a car like that....

Basically, it's worth what somebody is willing to pay. It would be an incredible barn find... let's go pick'n. (American Pickers)

You would think it would at least get the original sticker value $60,600 +, maybe even the later model years.

Maybe it is in snap-ring range and they were afraid to drive it :biggrin: (I doubt & to me that wouldn't be a deal breaker on a car like this)

-Rod

I would use one of the more classic vintage sports car auctions - take it to Monterey if they'd have it on the "lawn" which is rather doubtful but you never know. Goodings auctions, there are others but BJ - they are really much more oriented to big time muscle. They would give this much time not like BJ gives their pets, stalling the auction etc. They have pet guys and cars - this wouldn't get that I don't believe.

Any of you guys watch "Chassing Classic Cars" on HDTheater - with Wayne Carinni - that's the kind of thing he'd be much better at telling you "how". This should be worth a lot and if someone went thru it and checked it out and knew it was not rusted internally or had any other issues then it should be worth a considerable amount. Perhaps what it was when new and maybe more.

This isn't the one for Shawn....lol. He'd just low ball em and piss em off. This one deserves red carpet treatment.

My 2 cents....

Tell them to contact a VERY reputable Acura Dealer or independent shop. Have the car towed in, Gone threw entirely with as little miles as humanly possible being put on it. Detail the $&^T out of it. Call Barrett Jackson and pay them to auction it. That car is worth a ton of money to the right collector.
I agree it needs to be advertised etc. as much as money allows.

Tim you hurt my feelings LOL

Honestly I would give him 60K for it.

and never drive it. ever it would be my baby. drain all the fluids if there are any

I would build my next house around it and make it my center piece in the living room

wax it and lust it

My guess = $200K at BJ. There can't be very many no miles, mint condition, dedicated factory, Cray computer engineered, Senna approved supercars out there. I would think a collector would easily want one, especially in complete original condition.

I'm the guy that flew to Miami, inspected, and did the write up on the 91' with 2974 miles (on blocks for 18 years) in the link below...

RSO 34 - I would pay someone to just see a zero mile 1991 NSX...
let me know when and where and I'm there.

The rehab cost is irrelevant if it is truly a "zero mile" 1991.
I hope the fluids were drained prior to storage.

I agree with others that BJ is the wrong stage to sell the car, if thats the goal of the owner. Sell it to a Primer, like me for example :biggrin:

-RedWings

Tough call Bob,as in this thread http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143181&highlight=sale+blocks+warehouse the conversation revolves around the cost of getting the car running and up to spec on maintanance.Honestly a car like this would be better served going to a bigtime auction like BJ.

Let's say you bought it. Could you drive it. I would be too scared or feel too guilty to.

Cars like this are meant for a museum or a seriously wealthy collector. No way you drive it - although you could drive it just a little bit to car shows - maybe. Some people that find cars like this that have sat for years and years do drive them a little and take em to shows. I would think, personally, that if you had a car like this it should be able to crank up and drive. But mainly it's for looking at.

BJ is not in my opinion the venue for maximizing the money on the car. But this car after all is not 40 years old - it's only 20. That doesn't even put it in classic car status. So keep it like it is, well in an air conditioned space and hold on to it. It will be worth more as the years go by. Just like classic Porsches are. But seriously guys - a 356 Speedster in original condition like this would be worth maybe 150k? Something ike that so what is this car worth? I really can't say with any accuracy that is.

It's interesting though - cool find - would love to see pics of it.

This is a NSX that needs to sit in a museum or a collection.

My close mate John collects Lamborghini's and has the world's lowest mileage LP4000S and Lamborghini has even offered to buy it. Sat in a museum in Cali for 18 years, shipped to Monaco and now resides in Dubai. He drives it 100 miles a year that's it.

If I were the owner of this NSX I'd list it in the Dupont Registry first, get some feelers for offers, then decide to place it in the Barrett-Jackson at Scottsdale. I completely disagree that this isn't the right venue...it sure is. Televised and now known as one of the "must-see" auctions in North America.

Heck I even know groups of people from Dubai who attended last year!

I'd put the value of this car at $60k. If I had the cash I would nab it and do the same as my mate above or simply drain all fluids and keep her on display.

Man how cool would it be to own that car!

EDIT* this all being said remember back in 2008 a dealer in the U.S. had one of the 49 Imola Orange Pearls and an 05 model with only 68 miles on it - car #00058 (previously owned by a Dubai collector). That Imola sold for $89k.

Last edited:

JetPilot my friend has a 1988 Lamborghini Countach 5000 QV with less than 7K on the clock. its bad ass but getting into it with its not reclining seats and stiff leather is a pain.

Last edited:

This could be a $100K car IF:
It was stored in and temp/humidity-controlled building (perhaps in a plastic bag filled with nitrogen) and the fluids were serviced every 2-3 years.
Otherwise it's just a 20-year old car regardless of it's low miles.

My guess = $200K at BJ. There can't be very many no miles, mint condition, dedicated factory, Cray computer engineered, Senna approved supercars out there. I would think a collector would easily want one, especially in complete original condition.

It would have to at least start and be drivable on and off the auction block, no?

This could be a $100K car IF:
It was stored in and temp/humidity-controlled building (perhaps in a plastic bag filled with nitrogen) and the fluids were serviced every 2-3 years.
Otherwise it's just a 20-year old car regardless of it's low miles.

Gotta agree with Harry to a point here guys. It all depends on how this car was stored. If it wasn't really well attended in a collection - it's as Harry says - just another 20 year old car that needs a bunch but it is an almost 0 mile car. That in itself makes it worth what it was new I'd think.

I still say there are other auctions that would be better suited to an NSX like this. Barret Jackson hardly gives much lip service to sports cars in general. I've never seen one do big big numbers unless it was a Ferrari.

The other reason I would not put it on BJ - there is no reserve - and if you put this car in a no reserve auction you could get burned bad. I watch all kinds of auctions and no reserve on a car like this would scare me silly. Not no but HELL NO! That works only sometimes. I've seen a lot of dissappointed faces after the hammer dropped at BJ. No sir - not my 20 year old perfect NSX!

Back